IGNORED

Today I learned to never leave a club in the car...

wasilvers
Note: This thread is 3146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Like every other newbie golfer - I have a type of club that gives me trouble - Generally it's the driver.  But some days, the driver works awesome and the irons stink.  Usually irons are great though.  I seem to be progressively worse from Irons, Hybrids, Woods, Fatheaded Driver.  When walking alone, sometimes I just leave the driver or woods completely out of the bag.

This weeks visit to the range told me the driver should be trashed, my woods are shaky, but the rest was ok.  So today I played 9 with my group this morning - no woods in the bag, took the driver along in the bag just for looks, and drove with my 3H.

I learned that each day is different - and never leave a club behind - ever.

We played scramble. My drives with the 3H weren't long at 210-220 - but I single-handedly parred the first 2 holes and bogeyed the 550 yarder (one poor shot with my 7i)   So I was +1 in 3 holes and I never touched the driver.  Then the kid in our group blasted a drive about 270+.  Since it's all about the looks and I would look poorly doing a 220 yard drive, so felt I had to grab the driver.  I blasted one 260 and a bit right, but well playable - and I thought "Why do I hate this club again?"

That's when I began to really wish I had my 3 wood.  I can send that 240-250 when I get ahold of it, and today was not quite driver day, but I'm pretty sure I could have hit the heck out of the smaller wood.  So - never again will I leave a long club behind.

You don't have a 60 degree wedge do you? :-)
  1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Gosh, I thought this was going to be about melted clubs in the car at 140 degrees ...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Me too. But it got me thinkin and I put my despised 4 iron back in the bag. Only for the range for now.

I stuck mine in a closet and put a 4 hybrid in the bag.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

This got me  thinking and I put my 3W back in the bag and removed the 4H.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I never really take clubs out of my bag, but... before I play tournaments, I'll set a game plan for my round.  Often, it will include only hitting driver on 1 or 2 holes because if the hole is under 360, I can usually hit 4 iron and then only have 140 - 160 left, which is a comfortable range for me.

Unfortunately, what I plan and what I end up doing are usually entirely different things.  At a tournament a few weeks ago, I intended to hit my driver on only 3 holes and then use my 4 iron for everything else.  I used my 4 iron twice and my driver 12 times.  I got completely out of my game plan because I was actually hitting the ball decently with my driver that day.  Too often, however, I'll get away from my plan and then I'll pay for it because my miss with my driver is usually a giant pull which puts me in hazards, back yards and sometimes a kitchen or two.

*shurg*

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Note: This thread is 3146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!