IGNORED

Whats your guess for the longest hole in the world? 700 yards? 800 yards? Keep going!

Note: This thread is 3118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Try 1,098 yards ! That's .63 of a mile for one hole! AND it's a Par 7 . It's in South Korea, and it's a doozy.

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/par-7-1100-yard-hole-provides-challenge-long-hitters-in-south-korea

(numbers are in meters, not yards)

I would be so pumped to play this hole. It would be a trek! With courses getting longer every year, is this where the future of golf is headed?

Try 1,098 yards! That's .63 of a mile for one hole! AND it's a Par 7. It's in South Korea, and it's a doozy.

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/par-7-1100-yard-hole-provides-challenge-long-hitters-in-south-korea

I would be so pumped to play this hole. It would be a trek! With courses getting longer every year, is this where the future of golf is headed?

Wow, you get 5 200 yard shots to get on in regulation? :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

WOW!!!

I am headed out there at the end of October for a business trip.

I'll have to make it a point to play that course.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I would find it a grind ... count me out.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

If there was a course here with a hole like that I wouldn't play it. It's bad enough with all the strapping young lads that think they can hack the 7500 tips with 600+ yard par 5's. It's the same every time. Delusional young lad has convinced himself he regularly bombs his drives but has funky overswing thing that's more random movements in an attempt to knock the cover off the ball, because they played high school baseball. Problem is most every drive is some degree of duff as they mumble about those hits being the anomalies because once a month ago they cut the corner on a 410 yard par 4 and because it was on the red marker they think they crushed it 310.

So then they are 210 from the tee in trouble which leads to some horrific hero attempt, shots Bubba on his best day can't manufacture, and that doesn't make it to the half way point. Their attempt at GIR is longer than they crushed their drive and it too falls short which leaves them hitting a 7 iron 135 for their 4th shot which probably doesn't hit the green and now they are trying to get up and down to save bogey. Which doesn't happen. All while I wait behind them, long enough to drink an entire pint of beer on just that hole.

Dave :-)

If there was a course here with a hole like that I wouldn't play it...

I think this hole is just a gimmick to stand out, and I would definitely jump at the opportunity to play a Par 7 hole just once! It'd be different, a challenge, and something funny to remember and talk about. But as for every course having a hole this long, I'm with you. This isn't something we need in every round of golf. Ridiculous course lengths becoming standard is hurting the game, and I hope it doesn't get worse. But this single hole would be fun, without a doubt.

Note: This thread is 3118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!