IGNORED

farthest drives

GolfClubbas
Note: This thread is 3139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My longest this year is 285 yards on the home course.   If I was to try and do that on a consistent basis, I wouldn't be playing for a week or so.  My Game Golf stats currently has me at 191 yard average.  If I break it down to the last 3 rounds then it shows 217 yards.

Before my accidents, I remember my SkyCaddie showing 287 yards for one particular hole on a nine hole course.  I have hit some great ones but for some odd reason they put a damn freakin' tree right in the middle of the fairway so that stops them dead in their tracks.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I don't get the obsession with distance, especially random distance. Understanding your game and being honest about it key to everything. IMO better to be self deprecating when talking golf. Closer to reality. I never expect to hit my best drive. Why? It happened once.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Longest this year is 285 yards.

Game Golf average is 191 yards.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Normal drives are around 250 - but hit one back wind and perfect contact 297. Rolled onto the centre of the green on a short par 4. Next longest about 285, but nothing else close!

PS: respect to the car crash guys!

Same here - a good drive is 250 for me. Had a 15mph tailwind, hit a hillside and measured at 292. Duffed the chip on and managed to 3 putt to bogey on the hole.

703 miles... I'm kidding... See above.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Had 5 drives in the 262-268 range this year (according to GG) which I'm very happy with considering I don't really bother playing when it's really windy and our fairways aren't hard. I average 225 though from last 10 rounds. Strange thing is my furthest 3W is 259, and that was off the deck!

I've hit some rockets but they usually overdraw and end up in the left rough. Hopefully I'll get one over 300y next year.

Chris 

Ex-field hockey player with a few things on my list to correct/ sort out:
1:  Flipping, 2: Overswing, 3: Stop being Tin Cup

Been playing properly since May 2014, got the bug now, so I'm here forever. Must have watched a billion hours of youtube videos, seems to help!

I don't get the obsession with distance, especially random distance. Understanding your game and being honest about it key to everything. IMO better to be self deprecating when talking golf. Closer to reality. I never expect to hit my best drive. Why? It happened once.

I kind of wondered about this topic making any sense. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I put some golf balls in my bag in Troy, OH back in May and drove all the way to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. With a club and not a car? ... As one of the most ridiculously short-hitting golfers of all time, I had a drive of approximately 280 this year. It happened one afternoon during a dry spell at Kittyhawk GC in Dayton. The sun was blasting down and the fairways were baked rock hard. Squared one up and probably got 60 yards worth of bounce and roll. First and last time, I hit a PW into that particular green.

409 during a long drive comp. i remember it like it was yesterday. Swing felt nice and smooth, the actual contact... felt absent. I felt like I whiffed at the ball. it was the most perfect contact I have ever had. Started right and moved left just a little, hit the top of a yardage marker on the pole and shot forward like a rocket. It actually left the range and people had to walk in the field to find it. drive ended at 409 on the nose. I won a putter, 125 bucks, and 2 free rounds w/cart. I have never come close to hitting it like that since, and trust me i try every time and it ends badly.

Hit one 375 yards in a long drive completion. Won a set of head covers. :-( Had a wind aided 360 yard drive a couple of years ago. I was playing with the club pro who was a long knocker and he said "nice drive". 420 yard hole with a driver and a 64* wedge for birdie. Drove a 360 yard par 4 a few years ago. Two putted for birdie. Not bad for a 58 year old geezer.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

This year farthest was 290, while I was averaging approx 265/270 for the year. My best driving year was 2010 averaged 280/285 with two monster 368 and 390 ( both radar measured in competition) in July 2010. I even noted the dates it happened 18 and 24 July as it was pretty big news in our comp. Its been downhill ever since. Crazy thing was that year I swung that driver so easy. It was a Cobra King Cobra Speed LD F Drivers  10.5 get this ..............with a regular NV shaft!. That year everytime I stepped to the tee I knew I was getting at least 270-290 straight. What still gets me was my technique back then compared to now was tremendous flawed. How I was able to do it still makes me scratch my head.

Never got the feeling ever again, sadly. The following year very erratic even tried cutting the shaft down to 43, didnt help. I have come to the conclusion that those days wont come back and that i should be satisfied with 265 straight, which for all intent purposes is still very fine for me, but what I wouldnt do for 2010 to reoccur.

I average 265-270 off the tee. My longest, not cart path aided, drive was 330. Cart path aided, I got to 363 once.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

366 verified by Gamegolf.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

260 and have never gotten even close since. Typically less than 200 if I want to control it and keep it near the fairway. If I try to give it too much it'll slice 240 or so, but I only count straight distance. Lol

Your drive on #6 Friday afternoon was probably at least that far. ;)

I don't remember the drive on hole #6. I remember the one on hole #12 when the ball ended up near the tee box of hole #13. That one comes very close, that was in the 360 range by google maps.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!