IGNORED

Am I ready for an X-flex shaft in my driver?

Note: This thread is 3139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a Tour Edge Exotics XRail Driver with 10.5° of Loft with a stock Graphite Design G series 60 gram Stiff Shaft in my Driver... I hit my Driver on average about 250 (carry), 270 total, but that's based on the whole season... Lately, when Ive been hitting it 280-285 (total), with 260-265 carry on average... I'm not wild off the tee at all, I miss left occasionally and its not by much... I am wondering should I stick with what I have, or is it time for an X-flex shaft... As always any feedback would be appreciated.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So you want an x-flex to show off to your friends or something? It sounds like you are driving it great so why would you mess with your driver? Is there something about your ball flight you don't like that you didn't mention?

I have a Tour Edge Exotics XRail Driver with 10.5° of Loft with a stock Graphite Design G series 60 gram Stiff Shaft in my Driver...

I hit my Driver on average about 250 (carry), 270 total, but that's based on the whole season... Lately, when Ive been hitting it 280-285 (total), with 260-265 carry on average... I'm not wild off the tee at all, I miss left occasionally and its not by much...

I am wondering should I stick with what I have, or is it time for an X-flex shaft...

As always any feedback would be appreciated.

An interesting thing I just discovered after trying out the Ping fitting script. Apparently even with a 305 yard total distance they recommend stiff. x-stiff is for distances from 310 to 350 yards.

So, I would probably assume that unless you are hitting 350 yard wild shots, stiff is enough for you according to Ping?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

When I was looking to replace/upgrade shafts, I have just a few I like now, more than flex it was how it felt. Shafts can vary greatly even if they are the "same" flex. Just having an R S or X on it doesn't tell you much. Throughout my set I have a lot of different shafts. S+ in my driver, R in hybrids and S iron shafts that are light (90g) so they play a little soft.

Dave :-)

I have a Tour Edge Exotics XRail Driver with 10.5° of Loft with a stock Graphite Design G series 60 gram Stiff Shaft in my Driver...

I hit my Driver on average about 250 (carry), 270 total, but that's based on the whole season... Lately, when Ive been hitting it 280-285 (total), with 260-265 carry on average... I'm not wild off the tee at all, I miss left occasionally and its not by much...

I am wondering should I stick with what I have, or is it time for an X-flex shaft...

As always any feedback would be appreciated.

Go get fitted for a driver and see what works best. There's no standard for shaft flex in golf clubs. One X-stiff could be a regular flex in another make and model.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

So you want an x-flex to show off to your friends or something? It sounds like you are driving it great so why would you mess with your driver? Is there something about your ball flight you don't like that you didn't mention?

I do hit it awfully high, but not like infield fly rule high... I'd like to bring it down a bit... But I can accomplish that by teeing it down a smidge. I'm hitting it fine don't really care about showing it off to my friends... They're all saying "Shane, kills it" and "Mashed Potatoes"... I think it would be better for trajectory.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I do hit it awfully high, but not like infield fly rule high...

I'd like to bring it down a bit... But I can accomplish that by teeing it down a smidge.

I'm hitting it fine don't really care about showing it off to my friends... They're all saying "Shane, kills it" and "Mashed Potatoes"... I think it would be better for trajectory.

I would start teeing it higher and hitting up the ball. That will help take some of the height out caused by too much sin.

You can get a high kick point shaft with out it being x-stiff. Again go get fitted.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!