IGNORED

How late into the season do you golf?

mayhem
Note: This thread is 3124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife and I play when its below freezing & as long as there's no snow on the courses.    A few years ago I played all winter due to lack of snow - that's a rarity though.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Every day is golf season here!

Yeah, that's why the price drops so much in the summer. Golf in the summer in Florida, and summer includes September, is a non starter for me.

As long as the temperature while playing is 60+. I can't golf with a long sleeve shirt on, strangely enough I couldn't bowl with one on either. Either way, that typically means I can play through October. Most of the courses here close around the end of Oct or sometime in Nov anyway.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

As long as the courses are open, I will play throughout the winter. Even when I lived in Pennsylvania, I played throughout the winter when the courses were open. Of course some winters were worse than others in terms of snow. In Colorado, we can play pretty much all winter.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I hope to play every two weeks until the snow covers the courses or temps go below 40. One executive course in the area used to be open year round. No carts. $5 in the mail slot at the clubhouse and play all day if you want. Not sure if they still do that. Find out probably in nov or dec when the doors close for the season.
  1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Yeah, that's why the price drops so much in the summer. Golf in the summer in Florida, and summer includes September, is a non starter for me.

It's really not that bad. Just have plenty of water and don't think about walking. I walked once towards the beginning of the summer just to see if I could do it. I did it but I'll never do it again!

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

We can play all 12 months in Dallas. There will be some snow and ice but typically it's gone by the next weekend. Sometimes tee times are delayed until the frost melts. I'll play if it's in the 40s, I've done 30s but usually there's wind so that is a pretty miserable experience.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I'll play all winter here in Colorado. GHIN season is from March 15 - November 15. Courses go into winter mode after November 15, meaning no tee boxes, and normally no cutting of new holes during that time. But they will still be open all year round. I'll play in pretty much anything above freezing. When you walk, you tend to be warm enough if you have the right gear if it's above freezing. My goal is to play 18 once per month all winter. That's been easy to do the past couple of years.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

We don't shut down all year. In the winter we get rain with an occasional few inches of snow that is gone with a day or so. I play all year round and usually play in the rain, cold or windy days unless all three are present the same day then it is maybe 9 holes that day.

Yep all year golf in CO. For me all about how much snow is out there, the wind and if the sun is shining. A mild 20 degree day with bright sun feels warmer than 40 degrees under clouds with a little breeze. I've posted pics here showing my winter rounds, snow on greens and flags frozen into holes. We played Xmas eve last year. Eventually it gets silly though. When the greens are frozen the ball bounces off them like it hit a cart path and putting it a joke. The ball slithers like a snake when the greens get dead and shaggy. You just hit it and hope.

Dave :-)

When I lived in Denver, it was always, if you can see any snow, we play winter rules, then a quick glance at Long Peak, and winter rules it was!

But I just hate hitting a cold golf ball. Maybe if I had better contact, I wouldn't mind it so much. Well, I am going to a lesson today to try to improve contact, and am ordering a Tourstriker, so maybe I will be able to play in cooler weather, which I don't mind at all otherwise.

When I lived in Denver, it was always, if you can see any snow, we play winter rules, then a quick glance at Long Peak, and winter rules it was!

But I just hate hitting a cold golf ball. Maybe if I had better contact, I wouldn't mind it so much. Well, I am going to a lesson today to try to improve contact, and am ordering a Tourstriker, so maybe I will be able to play in cooler weather, which I don't mind at all otherwise.

Since we are out of season I keep hand warmers in my pocket and alternate balls when it's cold enough to feel the difference.

Dave :-)

Most of the courses in New Brunswick are closed by Oct 31st. There is an executive course here in Fredericton which will stay open until the ground freezes and some mild years they have had rounds in December. Only the true Nuts play them,  If the first week of November is mild, I will go there to say I played in November, otherwise that is it until the 2016 season.  Or Florida or Arizona. We have a lot of Snowbirds

I'll be out there as long as there is no snow on the ground and the daytime temperature gets over 45. My number used to be 40 but the older I get, the more the cold gets to me.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!