IGNORED

Texting While Driving

billchao
Note: This thread is 3138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't do it! Don't check your social media accounts, emails, text messages, surf the net, etc., while you are behind the wheel of a vehicle. Driving is dangerous enough without being distracted, and you can hurt other people in an accident. I just felt like it needed to be stated. I drive a lot in my job and it's amazing the number of people I see in their cars driving with their heads down or a phone on top of their steering wheel or something. If it's that important, pull over somewhere please.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't do it!

Ditto!!

I want to have a blinking sign made up, one that I can trigger as needed, that says "Hang up and DRIVE"

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Can spot these from a mile away, taking up two lanes, going slow in the middle lane, leaking into your lane. A little OT: During a traffic jam, averaging around 25mph, I saw a guy talking on his phone, when traffic came to a complete halt, he'd stop for awhile and everyone would go around him. He kept repeatedly doing this everytime traffic came to a stop or crawl.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Not sure how it is in other states but in NY, it's pretty strict.

You can't use your phone and drive while the car is in motion, nor can you use your phone when the vehicle is at a light, stop sign, or stuck in traffic.

For the first violation, $50-$200 fine, a second violation within 18 months, it's a fine of $50-$250, and for a third violation or more within an 18 month period, it's a fine of $50-$450.

Each violation is worth 5 points and you're license is likely to be suspended if you get 11 points in an 18 month period.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

@iacas and I saw a guy the other day swerving all over the place. When I went to pass him I saw his eyes glued to his phone.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

It's illegal in most states, causes wrecks, which in return sometimes kills people. Even so, idiots will continue to text while driving.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

MD?

http://patch.com/maryland/annapolis/new-texting-while-driving-bill-signed-into-law

This is probably inaccurate now:

http://techland.time.com/2013/10/29/texting-while-driving-can-cost-you-10000-one-year-in-jail/

Steve

I'm far more amazed that we need to go to these great lengths to convince people to stop doing it!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

People are selfish and dont care how their actions might affect someone else. But that status update or text reply could kill someones infant child, or a mother, father, friend. We should completely alienate the people who do this sort of thing. Make it uncool enough and people might stop. The stigma needs to change from status update to what kind of loser txts and drives?

Not sure how it is in other states but in NY, it's pretty strict.  You can't use your phone and drive while the car is in motion, nor can you use your phone when the vehicle is at a light, stop sign, or stuck in traffic.  For the first violation, $50-$200 fine, a second violation within 18 months, it's a fine of $50-$250, and for a third violation or more within an 18 month period, it's a fine of $50-$450. Each violation is worth 5 points and you're license is likely to be suspended if you get 11 points in an 18 month period.

It's illegal in NJ too, but there aren't enough police officers around to enforce the law. People are generally smart enough to put the things down when they drive by a cop, too. I've seen police officers driving while talking on cell phones.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Curious - where do you guys stand on something like tapping your mounted smartphone to change to a faster route?

Ontario police using unmarked SUVs to catch people in the act of:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/texting-and-driving-the-focus-of-opp-long-weekend-blitz-1.2750216

Steve

A coworker said he was driving by the scene of an accident, the cops were pulling over everybody who took a cell phone photo while they were driving. I thought "cool".

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

Note: This thread is 3138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!