IGNORED

Driver made a huge difference!

mayhem
Note: This thread is 3133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I mentioned in a previous post about upgrading to a new driver recently (SLDR-S). My old driver was an Affinity XP. So I already know it was a cheap driver, but I figured they were all relatively close. I have had the chance to play 4 times now with the new driver and it has completely altered my shot shape with the exact same swing. With the Affinity EVERY shot was a slice unless I backed it down to about half speed. With the TM my shots start out left and bend back to the right now. I have the weight set to neutral. Is the sldr masking a swing flaw that the Affinity exploited or was the Affinity the problem? I don't want to think I'm better than I am (because I'm not very good) but my last 4 rounds have been an average of 5 shots better than before the switch. Has anybody ever seen this before? I guess I could try somebody else's driver and compare but I typically golf solo. Nick

I mentioned in a previous post about upgrading to a new driver recently (SLDR-S). My old driver was an Affinity XP. So I already know it was a cheap driver, but I figured they were all relatively close. I have had the chance to play 4 times now with the new driver and it has completely altered my shot shape with the exact same swing. With the Affinity EVERY shot was a slice unless I backed it down to about half speed. With the TM my shots start out left and bend back to the right now. I have the weight set to neutral. Is the sldr masking a swing flaw that the Affinity exploited or was the Affinity the problem? I don't want to think I'm better than I am (because I'm not very good) but my last 4 rounds have been an average of 5 shots better than before the switch. Has anybody ever seen this before? I guess I could try somebody else's driver and compare but I typically golf solo. Nick

Most non-Tour/Pro drivers are at least somewhat draw biased these days, so even in the "neutral" setting, they tend to be draw biased. There's any number of reasons why you might be having better results, but it's not generally the case that a driver can get you from huge slice to a draw on its own. But depending on how the driver sets up for you, you may be swinging it a little differently because it feels more comfortable to do that. Something as simple as the shaft flex or the swing weight allowing you to make a smoother swing can make a difference. I would go with it until it stops working for you and worry about it then, haha. My experience with positive changes in golf is they can go away quickly when you start thinking about it too much, not unlike when Wile E Coyote runs off of a cliff and then looks down.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't waste any time worrying about it...different clubs make us all swing a bit different based on many things, heads shafts etc.

Golf is a difficult game at best so get anything that gives you a edge up and go with it.

Oh I forgot if you bought a new putter and the first day out you were sinking putts that you never did would you return it or do a happy dance?

Note: This thread is 3133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!