IGNORED

What is your loft of your 4 iron vs your hybrid?

Note: This thread is 3132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking at adding a hybrid for those "not so hitting fairways" with the driver days... What loft are you using with your hybrid and what is the difference between the hybrid and 4 iron yardages, if you please.

In the simulator I was getting a little too much distance from a 19 degree hybrid... My 3 iron is 21 degrees and 4 iron is 24. I am not sure how the ratio works for hybrid to long iron.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am looking at adding a hybrid for those "not so hitting fairways" with the driver days... What loft are you using with your hybrid and what is the difference between the hybrid and 4 iron yardages, if you please.

In the simulator I was getting a little too much distance from a 19 degree hybrid... My 3 iron is 21 degrees and 4 iron is 24. I am not sure how the ratio works for hybrid to long iron.

My 4 iron is 23 degrees

My 2 hybrid is 17.5 degrees

I have a 23 yard gap between.

If I wanted a smaller gap then I would probably looking it a 3-hybrid at 20-21 degrees.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

My Cleveland Black Hybrid 4 has loft of 21* While my KZG 4i is lofted at 22*.  I do not carry the 4i in the bag as I am more consistent with the hybrid...

I also do not carry a 3i, I replaced it with Cleveland Black Hybrid 3...

It's not "numbered", but the hybrid I replaced my 4-iron with is 21*. It carries 15 yards further than my 5-iron but with a higher, softer landing trajectory.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

22 for 4 iron and 19 for my 3 hybrid.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I have a 24* 4 iron. My hybrids are 23* and 20*, but it works for me. There is actually a tiny gap between the shortest I can hit the 23* and the longest I can hit the 4 iron. The hybrids are a comfortable spread, with a slight overlap.  I have always gotten a little better distance relatively speaking from woods and hybrids vs irons.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Depends on which iron set.

• For Callaway X20 Tours (back in bag after Nike adventure), 4i = 24º loft and 38.5" shaft.
  • For TM SLDRs, 4i = 21º, with 38.25" shaft. (SLDRs work well too, can't decide which is best)

My Cobra FlyZ 4H has 22º loft and 40.5" shaft.

Also, you need to take into account if you're using...

• a traditional hybrid - shaft length between FW and numbered irons, or..
  • an iron-replacement hybrid matched to specific iron model - the loft and shaft length of the 4H and 4i would be about the same.

If you can make good contact with a longer club, the longer shaft in the hybrid will often yield more yardage than a similar-numbered iron.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Thanks for the responses guys. It does sound like a 21-22 degree is about right.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Thanks for the responses guys. It does sound like a 21-22 degree is about right.

Anthony,

My Titleist 3H is 21 and 4H is 24. The 4H travels about 5 more yards carry than my AP2 4 irons did and higher.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My 4-iron (Titleist AP2 714) loft is 24 degrees and my 4 hybrid is 23 degrees

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Mine are exactly the same, 4h 23°, 4i 23°... Funny enough if you get an XCG4,5, 6, 7 or E8, the Hybrids are 1° weaker than the iron they replace, at least the 4, 5, and 6 are.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Note: This thread is 3132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!