IGNORED

short game

shane
Note: This thread is 6865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi
THIS IS A GREAT SITE ,I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND AND LOVE GOLF
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME ON MY SHORT GAME.
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFO ON PERFECTING MY SHORT GAME
ALL THE BEST
SHANE

• Administrator
Hi

Your handicap index is really 3?

What kind of help? Chipping? Putting? Pitching? Trouble shots? Bunker play?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your handicap index is really 3?

Yes i play off a 3 but i could be better if only i could putt better.

I love short game and practice for hours but need different idea from all differnt golfers then i add some imagination and try out the best result then i could pass on the tips to others all best shane

I play off a 3 but i could be better if only i could putt better...

Is the handicap system different in Switzerland? IMHO if you'd be at US's 3 hcp you've to be decent to outstanding putter (under 30 a round). Of course you could be deadly with your irons and missing short putts

Yes i play off a 3 but i could be better if only i could putt better.

Hi

Playing to 3 handicap is bugging you quite a bit, i started playing golf at the age of 6 in cape town ,SA I then went on to represent western province in junior level,then lost intrested in golf for awhile went over to the states traveled to 31 states for a few years got the feel back again in phoenix ,AR played their a bit then met a woman fell in love went switzerland did the Europen Techers Federation Course wich was great,after teaching golf for 6 years solid i then took a break and started playing agian I then attended the Master Teachers Federation Coure Witch was mind blowing lots of Dave Pelz tips and Harold Swash putting tips but i feel some where out their in this big wide world thier is still more to the Short Game all the best shane

...Playing to 3 handicap is bugging you quite a bit...

it's not bugging me, but your first request for help sounded very desperate

,it didn't go well with the single digit number. You're absolutely right, there is always room in the short game. The way I address it - since I don't have a nice practice facility with bunkers and chipping areas - I play a lot. Joined a club (not to pay green fees every time) and play at least 4 rounds a week. This brings the cost down and also gives me tons of practice in my short game area. I'm not a big fan of teachers of the short game. Once you get the fundamentals - I think you're better off working out your "own" around-the-green style.

[QUOTE=Rafcin]

...Playing to 3 handicap is bugging you quite a bit.../QUOTE]it's not bugging me, but your first request for help sounded very desperate

I total agree feel the ball drop in the hole.

now playing 4 rounds a week is this walking or riding a cart. shane

The way I address it - since I don't have a nice practice facility with bunkers and chipping areas

That's exactly why I joined a club with a long practice hole, a green just for bunker shots, a green for chipping and a putting green. I can bebob in for an hour after work and just play around with stuff.

That's exactly why I joined a club with a long practice hole, a green just for bunker shots, a green for chipping and a putting green. I can bebob in for an hour after work and just play around with stuff.

wow I wish the course I play at had something like that... all they have are two crappy practice greens and a terrible shag field.

but then again, its not a club but a public course sucks for me i'm thinking about joining a club... that would definitely help my game and maybe save me some $$$$ cuz i've been playing 3-4 rounds a week this summer which bites hard into my wallet
Rich Lee's Artillery
---------------
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5° Aldila NV 65-S
3-Wood: Titleist 980F 15° TTDG S300
Hybrid: dunno yet...Irons: 3-PW+GW Titleist 704.CB TTDG R300Wedges: (subject to change)Putter: White Hot XG #11Ball: Titleist ProV1Handicap: 10and i2!ch = RICH

I bit the bullet...well, our whole family did, actually. It is kind of shocking when the bill comes every month, but playing that much, if you really love the game and that's your hobby, it is totally worth it. Our club doesn't even take tee times, you basically walk on when you can. Plus, with my young family, all the other amenities are a super bonus -- the pool, the lake, the dock, the restaurants, etc. I'm 35 and I honestly hope I'm investing in a "third place" for when I'm 75. The other cool thing is my five-year-old daughter gets full privs until she is 21. I had free golf at a "ranked" course across the street, and I couldn't take one more five-hour or so round.

Yeah, the finances haven't been easy to do it, but the whole family wouldn't trade it for a thing. Besides, my certificate has gone up in value faster than my house!

Note: This thread is 6865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!