IGNORED

NHL 2015-16 Season

pumaAttack
Note:Β This thread is 2849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

On 11/12/2015 at 1:33 PM, iacas said:

The 3 on 3 has been great but that is far from eating crow.... Β 

Dude, the ALL STAR GAME just ended with a 1-0 victory for the Pacific. Β A SHUTOUT for an ASG doesnt happen and it just did for a 3 on 3 tourney.

Players are not stupid, they know how to shut it down.

Tony Β 

:titleist:Β  Β  | Β  :tmade:Β  Β | Β  Β  :cleveland:Β 

• Administrator
12 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

The 3 on 3 has been great but that is far from eating crow.... Β 

Dude, the ALL STAR GAME just ended with a 1-0 victory for the Pacific. Β A SHUTOUT for an ASG doesnt happen and it just did for a 3 on 3 tourney.

Players are not stupid, they know how to shut it down.

Fact is… they are not "shutting it down." Far fewer games go to the shootout.

Kind of you to ignore the fact that the other All-Star games were something like 4-3 and 9-6. Each "game" was only 20 minutes long. The ASG was also a fairly successful one, by all accounts. Not that you should use the ASG as a barometer of anything, because seriously… there's no checking, there aren't really penalties, etc.

On this, so far, you're wrong.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Fact is… they are not "shutting it down." Far fewer games go to the shootout.

Kind of you to ignore the fact that the other All-Star games were something like 4-3 and 9-6. Each "game" was only 20 minutes long. The ASG was also a fairly successful one, by all accounts. Not that you should use the ASG as a barometer of anything, because seriously… there's no checking, there aren't really penalties, etc.

On this, so far, you're wrong.

Β 

Dude, the fact they shut it down with no checking enhances my point... Β  On that, so far, you are wrong. Β You can't get much lower than 1-0...

Β 

Go watch the footage of the first few 3 on 3s compared to the most recent. Β Not nearly as wide open. Β They are learning how to keep possession and not allow so many breakaways. Β I never said they wouldn't prevent shootouts, just that they wouldn't be that wide open all season long.

Tony Β 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, pumaAttack said:

Dude, the fact they shut it down with no checking enhances my point... Β  On that, so far, you are wrong. Β You can't get much lower than 1-0...

4-3.

9-6.

You can't even expand your sample size toΒ twoΒ games to make your "1-0" point.Β Fact: fewer games are going to shootouts than in years past.

1 minute ago, pumaAttack said:

Go watch the footage of the first few 3 on 3s compared to the most recent. Β Not nearly as wide open. Β They are learning how to keep possession and not allow so many breakaways. Β I never said they wouldn't prevent shootouts, just that they wouldn't be that wide open all season long.

Nobody claimed that it would be whatever you define as "wide open" all season long. The argument was that fewer games would go to the shootout, and more would be settled in the overtime period. Fewer games are going to shootouts than in previous years with 4-on-4, so those are the facts.

Give it up. So far, you're wrong. Nobody ever disagreed with your "wide open" comment because you could change the definition of what you call "wide open" at any point in time to suit your argument.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Oh sweet Jebus you were missed, Conner McDavid. Β If there was any justice in the world he'd go on a tear for the rest of the win and take home rookie of the year. Β 

Edited by Warren Zevon
I need to spell better

Corey

http://deadspin.com/dennis-wideman-suspended-20-games-for-checking-linesman-1756887112

Flames defenseman Dennis Wideman made his case at his disciplinary hearing yesterday, and the NHL did not buy it. Director of hockey operations Colin Campbell handed down a 20-game suspension for hitting linesman Don Henderson from behind on Jan. 27.

Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2016 at 5:12 PM, Warren Zevon said:

But...but...he couldn't avoid the ref!

Β He avoided the ref and nailed the linesman! Β 

Tony Β 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, it's nice to see that the moves made over the last week are paying dividends for the Oilers. Β It's just about like the team grew a pair of balls. Β 

Β 

Has Schultz dressed yet for the Pens, iacas? Β He's soft like butter and slightly brain dead in his own zone, but can skate with the puck very well. Β If Gonchar can teach him a slap shot you might have a decent 2nd pairing PP man. Β 

Corey

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Ping Man said:

Β 

Don't look now but ........this kid is GOOD.

ghost.jpg

He has been a ton of fun to watch this year. Β 15 out of his 16 goals this season have changed the lead in the game and he is in the top 5 point scoring rookies this year even though he has played about 15 less games after startingΒ out the year in the AHL. Β Every game he makes more of a case for himself to win the Calder trophy though its going to be difficult to take down Panarin.

Flyers have a tough schedule coming upΒ butΒ as a Philly sports fan it's great to see that at least one Philly team has some fight in them this year.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15Β 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

1 hour ago, InTheRough said:

He has been a ton of fun to watch this year. Β 15 out of his 16 goals this season have changed the lead in the game and he is in the top 5 point scoring rookies this year even though he has played about 15 less games after startingΒ out the year in the AHL. Β Every game he makes more of a case for himself to win the Calder trophy though its going to be difficult to take down Panarin.

Flyers have a tough schedule coming upΒ butΒ as a Philly sports fan it's great to see that at least one Philly team has some fight in them this year.

Flyers fan living in NY. This kid changed the whole season around for this team.

• 2 weeks later...

In my books, Duncan Keith is one of the top five, no wait, three defensemen in the league. But damn, what a brutal play that was the other night. Β 

Corey

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

In my books, Duncan Keith is one of the top five, no wait, three defensemen in the league. But damn, what a brutal play that was the other night. Β 

Who are your other top three?

If one in particular is missing, I don't know how much I can trust your opinion on matters NHL anymore… :-)

17 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

He is also in the top 3 biggest Pussies in the league. This is the 2nd time he has swung a stick in a players face with full intent. What a COWARD!Β 

17 hours ago, iacas said:

Who are your other top three?

If one in particular is missing, I don't know how much I can trust your opinion on matters NHL anymore… :-)

Shea Weber and Drew Daughtry would be my other two. Β 

Do I pass the litmus test?

edit: honorable mention to Ryan Suter.Β 

Edited by Warren Zevon

Corey

I'm hopeful Keith strolls into his in-person hearing with his MD and the team trainer in tow, both of whom claim Keith was concussed from hitting the ice when pushed by Coyle.Β  Let's really bring the problems with the arbitrator's decision in the Wedman matter to a head immediately.Β 

With that said, I give him 8 games.Β  Unless playoff games are included, the suspension is merely forced rest for a superstar before heading into the playoffs.Β 

Edited by tdiii

3 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Shea Weber and Drew Daughtry would be my other two. Β 

Do I pass the litmus test?

edit: honorable mention to Ryan Suter.Β 

Karlsson should be added.

But Drew Doughty is the best Dman in the NHL.

Tony Β 

Note:Β This thread is 2849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!