IGNORED

Earliest tee time

mayhem
Note: This thread is 3128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a tee time tomorrow morning at 7:02. I asked for the earliest time they had and didn't really think anything of it. I checked today to see what time sunrise is tomorrow and it is not until 7:24. I don't typically pay attention to "official" sunrise times. Are they pretty accurate? Will I be playing the first couple holes in the dark? I would assume that the course knows what time the sun comes up and wouldn't schedule a tee time in the dark. Anybody ever tee off before sunrise?

Won't be dark. It is usually plenty light before actual sunrise.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Look up the definition of civil twilight.   You'll find that there should be enough light to do most activities.   Here in Michigan, tomorrow, 9/26/15 civil twilight is at 6:57 am.   Finding an errant shot may prove difficult though.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

If it's a sunny day then no prob.

Good point. The morning twilight won't buy you nearly as much time if it is going to be overcast.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

My home course schedules their first morning tee time for about 20 minutes before you can see the ball. They will give you a glow ball in the pro shop which you are expected to use for the first two holes. I've never booked one of those times, but I believe they notify groups of this expectation when making the reservation. Anyway, I think you will be fine 20 minutes before the official sunrise, but the first hole you may want to hit a shorter club, just to be sure

my home public course has a number of retired monthly pass holders who insist on teeing off in complete darkness - more than an hour before sunrise.  It's rather unbelievable.  They're there with headlamps, a strong light on the ground and a partner keeping an eye out.  To top it off, this is the SF Bay area and it's often extremely foggy as well.  Good thing they don't hit the ball far.  I think they play like 5 holes in the dark.  It's a riot.

I know this because I'm often heading to the driving range before work.

Note: This thread is 3128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!