IGNORED

Hello From New England (Massachusetts)

GungaGalunga
Note: This thread is 3133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

I've been a lurker since mid-summer when I started "Googling" particular questions and interests in golf.  I just picked up learning / teaching myself golf this past Summer after being invited to a Golf Tournament to benefit a friend of mine.  It's always been a favorite past time of my father's and we're both not getting any younger so it's a great way to spend time with him.

A little bit about me; I'm in my 30's, have a lovely wife, (2) beautiful daughters, I work in IT full time (Management), and I work part time as a Public Safety Dispatcher (Police, Fire, EMS, 911).  I do the dispatch thing as a hobby, but I'm reaching the point where I want to stop doing dispatch on the weekends and spend more time golfing...  yes I got bit by the bug.  :-)

After picking up and enjoying golf, I went and spent many late nights on Craiglist looking for a great used set of clubs.  I ended up finding some that included a stand bag, and a decent set of Cobra irons, TaylorMade fairway (3), and a TaylorMade driver.  However, since I was still a newbie and didn't really know much of anything about clubs other than wanting my own, I then started researching and reading into the clubs I have just bought that I was overly excited about (one of the ways I found this fantastic site!).

I learned that I had all Senior flex irons, a Regular flex fairway, and a Ladies driver.  I was a bit bummed that I had clubs that were a bit all over the place and decided to contact the person I had bought them from and see if I could return them.  The person, who was a wonderful older gentleman, gladly accepted the clubs back and gave me my money back.

So of course, I went back to researching, reading reviews, checking prices, etc.  I now own a lovely Titlest stand bag, a wonderful set of Ping G25 irons (regular flex), a Ping Anser 2 putter, a Ping G30 3W (regular flex), and a Ping G25 Driver (regular flex).  Yes, all Ping after reading the raving reviews of their customer service and lifetime warranty.

Move ahead a few weeks to this week.  I decided that I wanted to get out to the range to test drive my wonderful new driver since I have a tournament coming up this Monday.  I'm no awesome golfer since I'm a beginner, but I also don't want to look like a guy that can't at least hit the ball a decent 100 - 150 yards.  As I made my way through about 50 - 60 golf balls, my left shoulder did something funky and hurt a bit after my down swing.  But, being a typical male, I thought nothing of it, and went back to swinging.  Got through about another 20 - 30 balls, and I dislocated my left shoulder...  yep...  my shoulder came right now.

Luckily enough for me, same thing happened about 10 years ago to my right shoulder and I had surgery to repair it.  But funny part is, the 2nd time going to the ER for my right shoulder to get it back in, the ER doctor taught me how to put my shoulder back in myself.  Hence, how I put my left shoulder back in.

So, as you can imagine, I am bummed to be out for the rest of the season, but my Orthopedist said I will be back and ready by next season once we figure out what the problem is after my MRI this coming week.

Anywho, sorry for the long intro, but this place has been an amazing Google search spot for me over the past 3 months, including what to do about my shoulder injury, so thank you for that.  Hope to get to know a lot of you virtually.

Thanks,

Ryan

Welcome!  If you have any questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section , and Little Things New Users can learn.

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Welcome!  If you have any questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section , and Little Things New Users can learn.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!