IGNORED

My Swing (garush34)

garush34
Note: This thread is 3021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys, Long time lurker looking for some advice. Been struggling for a couple weeks, when I'm good I'm happy and know I can play. When I'm bad I can be terrible. Driving is my main issue. Irons are good and consistent, driver can be different every day. This year I've had some of my best ever for 9 scores just to blow up on the back 9 and give it all away. I've fixed a couple of issue with my putting recently which have seen more consistency there, if I can fix the driving then I know the handicap will come down. The iron videos uploaded are good shots for me, the driver bad ones uploaded to see what's going wrong when it's off. I've been Playing Golf for: 4 years My current handicap index or average score is: 19 My typical ball flight is: slight fade The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: block, occasional hook. [rule] Videos:[VIDEO] https://youtu.be/7ivPzGmKz_o [/VIDEO] [VIDEO] https://youtu.be/U8Jri7wNoDM [/VIDEO] [VIDEO] https://youtu.be/DBjQ66WNmYw [/VIDEO] [VIDEO] https://youtu.be/W3U6YKQPCGE [/VIDEO] Thanks in advance for any reply's.

WITB

Callaway Big Berth Alpha Driver 9* Stiff shaft

Adams 18 DHY

Titliest AP2 3-PW Project X 5.5

Nike VR 56*

Never Compromise Sub30 Type 40

My Swing

Good to see you start a swing thread. On the downswing you "fake" getting the weight forward by moving your head forward and your hips don't open enough. Leads to your torso getting a bit too upright. Can also see the difference with the amount of hip turn.

Couple good drills/videos for you to take a look at.

And give this thread a look. Check that left hand.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks very much mvmac. Had a look over the videos and it looks good to me so will work on that. To me it looks like this could also be worked on with a bit of mirror work? Going to the Dunhill links this week so no practice time for me this week but could easily do this at night in the mirror to work on the feelings.

Really want to push on this winter and sort the swing out and come out firing next year.

WITB

Adams 18 DHY

Nike VR 56*

My Swing

• 2 weeks later...

@mvmac and everyone else. 

Been working hard with mirror work and swings in the house. Managed to get out today on the course. To me things look better a lot less head movement. Iron shots much better and what seems like about a club more distance, it was a cold wet morning too so not getting much run. 

Only managed to get one video but as things went on it was feeling better. 

what would be the next thing to start working on? 

WITB

Adams 18 DHY

Nike VR 56*

My Swing

what would be the next thing to start working on? 

This. Going to help with the backswing and downswing stuff. 

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks @mvmac, I'll give it a look over and get working on it. 

WITB

Adams 18 DHY

Nike VR 56*

My Swing

(edited)

This. Going to help with the backswing and downswing stuff. 

@mvmac been looking at this and it feel good. Just a couple questions, with this it feels like the backswing is shorter due to a more stable base, is this just a feel or is that actually happening? Also on the downswing it feels like I'm going more down the line through impact instead of cutting left like I normally do, again is this a feel or actually something that could actually be happening? 

I don't have the chance to film right now to see what is happening, range I go to is closed for some reason. But are these something that would happen as a result of flaring the feet, or is it just all a feeling? 

Edited by iacas
added @mention

WITB

Adams 18 DHY

Nike VR 56*

My Swing

Just a couple questions, with this it feels like the backswing is shorter due to a more stable base, is this just a feel or is that actually happening?

Don't know, would have to see a video.

Also on the downswing it feels like I'm going more down the line through impact instead of cutting left like I normally do, again is this a feel or actually something that could actually be happening? 

Again, I don't know, I can't tell you if your feels are real without seeing it. The left foot being more turned out will help the left knee flex forward longer, so I can see how you'll have more "down the line" feels.

Mike McLoughlin

Don't know, would have to see a video.

Again, I don't know, I can't tell you if your feels are real without seeing it. The left foot being more turned out will help the left knee flex forward longer, so I can see how you'll have more "down the line" feels.

ok no problem. I'll try get a video sometime this week and have a look. 

Thanks. 

WITB

Adams 18 DHY

Nike VR 56*

My Swing

(edited)

Managed to get a couple videos today and things seem to be going well. Flaring the feet out does create a better turn for me which in turn has created a slightly shorter swing. The extra club length is still there, possible half a club more now as well. But with it getting to winter and the colder morning it's hard to tell really, come warmer weather it could be different. 

Thanks @mvmac for the advice so far, certainly playing better golf now. 

Edited by mvmac
Videos

WITB

Adams 18 DHY

Nike VR 56*

My Swing

(edited)

Thanks @mvmac for the advice so far, certainly playing better golf now. 

Great to hear, looking good dude. 

Edited by mvmac

Mike McLoughlin

Been ingraining the changes more this week in the house doing some mirror work, straight feet just feels weird now. Putting feeling good now with the Super stroke slim fitted, a better fit in the hands.

Of the trained eyes on hear, would any say my backswing length is of any issue?

IMG_0310.thumb.PNG.c7ae6a4bfabb7f798be30

The right side is from about a month a go left is just last week. Its better but could/should it be better? If I was to try shortening it a bit more would I see any benefit or would it be wasted time?

If that is it an issue is there anything else that is that I should work on?

I've got till next April before the club starts up comps again, I'm a 19 now I want that to drop by time the comps roll around. I'm not happy with mediocre golf anymore, I'd like to be able to compete with the best at my club.

WITB

Adams 18 DHY

Nike VR 56*

My Swing

Been ingraining the changes more this week in the house doing some mirror work, straight feet just feels weird now. Putting feeling good now with the Super stroke slim fitted, a better fit in the hands.

Of the trained eyes on hear, would any say my backswing length is of any issue?

IMG_0310.thumb.PNG.c7ae6a4bfabb7f798be30

The right side is from about a month a go left is just last week. Its better but could/should it be better? If I was to try shortening it a bit more would I see any benefit or would it be wasted time?

I've got till next April before the club starts up comps again, I'm a 19 now I want that to drop by time the comps roll around. I'm not happy with mediocre golf anymore, I'd like to be able to compete with the best at my club.

Anyone got any thoughts on this, or if there's some else more glaring I should work on? 

WITB

Adams 18 DHY

Nike VR 56*

My Swing

Yeah I'd recommend to start feeling the arm "straighter" from A3 (left arm parallel to the ground on the backswing) to A4 (top of backswing).  Create more space between the right hand and the right shoulder.

Also take a look at these threads.

Mike McLoughlin

Yeah I'd recommend to start feeling the arm "straighter" from A3 (left arm parallel to the ground on the backswing) to A4 (top of backswing).  Create more space between the right hand and the right shoulder.

Also take a look at these threads.

Thanks @mvmac I'll get working on it. I assume there should be a picture there but it doesn't seem to show for me, same right arm thumb jpg? 

WITB

Adams 18 DHY

Nike VR 56*

My Swing

Thanks @mvmac I'll get working on it. I assume there should be a picture there but it doesn't seem to show for me, same right arm thumb jpg? 

Not sure, here's the pic again, works for me.

right_arm.thumb.jpg.d2a416c492cf8a4d97ff

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks @mvmac I see it now. Does the left hand play any part in the bending of the left arm? I feel like I cup my left hand a bit but when I try feeling it flat it seems like it's a better position at the top? 

WITB

Adams 18 DHY

Nike VR 56*

My Swing

Thanks @mvmac I see it now. Does the left hand play any part in the bending of the left arm? I feel like I cup my left hand a bit but when I try feeling it flat it seems like it's a better position at the top? 

I'd try this, take a practice backswing and feel like you "push" into your left hand with your right palm. I think you'll like the picture that produces. 

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!