IGNORED

What equipment changes did you make this year?

Sante TwoGloves
Note: This thread is 3062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What did you add, what did You replace? Did it make a difference in your game good or bad? I changed my whole bag and even ball. Got a lot more shots To the green check up and spin using prov1s vs. The slazengers I used to play. My irons replaced clubs from the 90s and made big improvements but hey I was playing Cleveland vas irons which have one of the worst maltby rating ever. I always liked them back in the day though. 460 driver replaced cobra ceramic head/Kevlar that had a stiff shaft which I can't hit very well any more. And added a hybrid and dropped my 3,4, and 5 irons. Big improvement for me there too. How about you?
  1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In July, Dumped the driver and replaced it with a Tour Logic 13* Fairway Wood...hit a lot more fairways now

In August, Changed out shafts on Irons from Stiff to Regular Flex...I control my shots much better, especially later in a round when I get a little fatigued.

These changes have improved my scores more than I ever imagined...

Everything but my Irons (Xhot) and Hybrids! Went with the Ping G30 Driver, Titleist Vokey 54 and 60 Wedges. Adams 3 wood. Odyssey putter, and I switched to the Callaway Super soft ball. The only thing left I need to change out in my bag is my 3 and 4 hybrid. Anyone have any for sale let me know :)

In the Sunmountain Bag

Driver - Ping G30

3 Wood - Adams Speedline Super S

3&4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha's

Irons - Callaway Xhot
Wedges - 54 & 60 S Grind Titleist Vokey SM5
Putter - Oddysey White Hot
Ball - Callaway Super Soft & Bridgestone e6

PING i E1 irons, PING Glide wedges and a Callaway 815 BB hybrid. Also Callaway Chrome Soft and Snell My Tour golf balls.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Changed the driver last week. Had been playing a Ping G20 regular shaft, switched it out the a Callaway big bertha alpha stiff shaft. Still going through the process of getting the right set up for it but its looking good so far. A few bad shots but that's more me than the club, and when I have caught one it has been great, about 30 yards further carry.

WITB

Callaway Big Berth Alpha Driver 9* Stiff shaft

Adams 18 DHY

Titliest AP2 3-PW Project X 5.5

Nike VR 56*

Never Compromise Sub30 Type 40

My Swing

Changed almost everything in March. Callaway XHot irons and 3w and Taylor Made 4hb. After a month or so of struggling with them, things started to click and I've dropped 4 strokes from my HI.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

2015 is my "settle the long part of the bag and tweak" year.

Driver - tried all of Callaway's driver, and settled on the new GBB 9, set at 10. I like the Diamana S+60 and Oban Isawa 55.

Fairways - V series and shaft were great for consistency but spun a lot - they are friendly but not the longest. Went to new GBB, bought some Diamana Ilima 60 and 70 off ebay for shafts.

Hybrids - XR from Callaway - super hybrids - so easy - started off with Fubuki, then bought an XR 28 with Recoil 460 F4 - it was a great pairing - lively, accurate, and long. The Fubukis felt heavy at the tip (low torque, balance) - sent them to Callaway for Recoil 460 shaft change.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Switched out G25 3wood, 17* hybrid, 23* hybrid

Switched in 915F 16.5 fairway wood, 19* hybrid with stiffer shafts, replaced reg driver shaft with a stiff. Also super stroke putter grip.

Very happy with the 4 wood, and the hybrid, but now I have 13 clubs and a big gap between my 24* 4 iron and 19* hybrid.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

New driver with longer shaft, I used to be a big advocate of the shorter driver shaft (44") but I'm off that now, I think the swing gets too steep and slices happen easier, now I play a 46" shaft and it's much better, and longer as well.

How about you?

I changed all the clubs, from putter to driver.  Everything was custom fitted.  Along with lessons, it stopped my HI from going up further.

Odyssey putter -> Edel

Cleveland wedges -> Edel

Callaway old irons -> Taylormade Speedblade

Adams hybrid, wood, driver -> Taylormade Jetspeed

The ones made noticeable changes were driver (distance, higher FIR), putter (improved distance control), and longer irons (helped with more consistent distance gaps).   The rests had minor effects.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

14 new clubs in my bag, Snell MTB.

However, I still begin every round with a 12-pack of Bud Light on ice. Some things never change.

12-pack?   That's for your entire group, right?  That's a lot of beer for one person, one round.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I replaced my irons with mizuno ez forged, and got them fitted and adjusted for my swing, my iron swing has much improved this year. I replaced my driver a few times, and finally just broke down and went and got fitted. Finally got the fly z, and have gone from hitting the driver to an average of 160 yards up to 230 yards. I replaced my cheap top flute putter with a used Scotty c golo 5 that I found used. Really like it but I don't think it improved my putting that much maybe, 3 strokes a round.

I replaced my irons with mizuno ez forged, and got them fitted and adjusted for my swing, my iron swing has much improved this year. I replaced my driver a few times, and finally just broke down and went and got fitted. Finally got the fly z, and have gone from hitting the driver to an average of 160 yards up to 230 yards. I replaced my cheap top flute putter with a used Scotty c golo 5 that I found used. Really like it but I don't think it improved my putting that much maybe, 3 strokes a round.

I read here that With the fly z it's almost impossible to hit a slice. Is that what happened with you to see that big jump in distance? I need one of those too if that's the case.

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

I read here that With the fly z it's almost impossible to hit a slice.

I can hit a slice with it :)

High ball speed, massive differential between path and clubface = NO HOUSE IS SAFE!!!

Oh, forgiveness in a driver doesn't mean curve reduction. It means maintaining ball speed on off center hits.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Irons- Taylormade MC 2014 to replace 2010 AP1's

Driver- Titleist 975J=VS to replace Callaway X Hot Pro (Yes you read that right. Went backwards on driver tech this year. Threw it in the bag when the Cally's shaft snapped and fell in love with the feel)

Wedges- PING Glide 54 and 58

What did you add, what did You replace? Did it make a difference in your game good or bad?

I changed my whole bag and even ball. Got a lot more shots To the green check up and spin using prov1s vs. The slazengers I used to play. My irons replaced clubs from the 90s and made big improvements but hey I was playing Cleveland vas irons which have one of the worst maltby rating ever. I always liked them back in the day though. 460 driver replaced cobra ceramic head/Kevlar that had a stiff shaft which I can't hit very well any more. And added a hybrid and dropped my 3,4, and 5 irons. Big improvement for me there too.

How about you?

Wow. Just looked it up, I didn't think a negative rating was possible. I knew Maltby had its flaws but that is just strange.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Changes in bold.

Training bag (Used to be my playing bag):

Adams A70 Putter

TM Rac 60 wedge

TM Rac 52 wedge

Mizuno MP-32 3-P KBS Tour XStiff

TM Burner 2.0 19 degree hybrid KBS Xstiff

TM RBZ 3W Dynamic Gold X100 (43.5 inches:like S flex)

Ping G15 10.5 Dynamic Gold X100 (46 inches:like S flex)

Playing bag (Changes made this fall):

Adams A70 Putter

TM Rac 60,52 wedges

Mizuno MP-52 6-P S300 and Ping i20 4-5 CFS Stiff

TM Burner 2.0 23 degree hybrid KBS Xstiff

TM Burner 2.0 19 degree hybrid KBS Xstiff

Callaway Diablo 3W Stiff

Ping i25 9 degrees PWR 55-S

I spend a lot less time being totally uncertain if a shot is going to be okay or not. Let's see how I score over the next year.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Training bag (Used to be my playing bag):

What's a training bag?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!