IGNORED

What equipment changes did you make this year?

Sante TwoGloves
Note: This thread is 3090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Changed out my Adams A7 hybrid to a Titleist 915. Switched out my Callaway bag for the Ping Hoofer.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/84671/what-equipment-changes-did-you-make-this-year#post_1206418"] Training bag (Used to be my playing bag): [/QUOTE] What's a training bag?

When I want to make golf even harder on the range and on the course for practice. More for exercise than anything else.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
When I want to make golf even harder on the range and on the course for practice. More for exercise than anything else.

That's really dumb, @Lihu .

One of the 5 "S" is "success."

It's one thing to use an old set of clubs to practice with just so you don't wear out your new set or something, but to make the game harder? Uhhhhh…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/84671/what-equipment-changes-did-you-make-this-year/18#post_1206463"] When I want to make golf even harder on the range and on the course for practice. More for exercise than anything else.[/QUOTE] That's really dumb, @Lihu . One of the 5 "S" is "success." It's one thing to use an old set of clubs to practice with just so you don't wear out your new set or something, but to make the game harder? Uhhhhh…

Sure, making the game harder is pretty dumb, what I really meant to say is to give me a good workout when practicing. The clubs are heavier and stiffer, so it gives me a decent workout. Plus, I can do all kinds of things to the clubs and not worry about them as you noted. My playing set is much easier to use, and I'm working towards even easier. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

Sure, making the game harder is pretty dumb, what I really meant to say is to give me a good workout when practicing. The clubs are heavier and stiffer, so it gives me a decent workout.

@Lihu , that's also not a good idea. Your clubs should not be different. They'll produce different mechanics, different feelings, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/84671/what-equipment-changes-did-you-make-this-year/18#post_1206569"] Sure, making the game harder is pretty dumb, what I really meant to say is to give me a good workout when practicing. The clubs are heavier and stiffer, so it gives me a decent workout.[/QUOTE] @Lihu , that's also not a good idea. Your clubs should not be different. They'll produce different mechanics, different feelings, etc.

Yeah, the heavier clubs definitely let me come OTT more. I'm kind of hoping to get the right swing with the lighter clubs like my super light i25 driver, then work out using the heavier clubs? I might be just better off using the club with a fan on the end of it in front of a mirror to get my workout. I'm trying to work my unlimited range balls into an exercise program somehow?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Irons- Taylormade MC 2014 to replace 2010 AP1's

Driver- Titleist 975J=VS to replace Callaway X Hot Pro (Yes you read that right. Went backwards on driver tech this year. Threw it in the bag when the Cally's shaft snapped and fell in love with the feel)

Wedges- PING Glide 54 and 58

Wow. Just looked it up, I didn't think a negative rating was possible. I knew Maltby had its flaws but that is just strange.

yeah, right. if i remember its like -157 or something. there are like only 4 other sets of irons rated worse. i think its because of the big offset which is so extreme  from what he makes and recommends.

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Went through 2 sets of clubs this year. Not by choice.

Most currently I bought the Ping I e1 irons, TM Aeroburner 3 Hybrid, Vokey sm5 50* and 60*, Wilson harmonized sole grind 56*, and a Ping putter.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

upgraded some old 90's sticks to the rbladez tour. also picked up a approach wedge mizuno MPt4 52, as well as a cleveland cg11 60. with my woods i added a ™ RBZ 3 wood and a nike vapor speed 5 wood, finally added a new putter, the odyssey white ice 2 putter, the thing is magic. lot of changes to the bag and have been playing so much better with them. waiting on a tm RBZ stage 2 driver to arrive from ebay to finish out the upgrades for a while, probably a couple of years.

"Swing with a Purpose" 

What's In The Bag:
Woods: Driver: RBZ stage 2 10* 3 wood: RBZ 15* 5 wood: NIke vapor speed 19*
Irons/ wedges: Rbladez tour 4-PW; Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 56*, CG11 60*
Putter: Odyssey White ice #9

Added a Cobra Baffler 5 wood and a a Callaway Big Bertha adjustable 3 Fairway wood to my bag, plus I regripped my 7 iron, my PW and my 56 degree wedge which are the three irons I most often use

Let's see ... over the course of the year I have:

• Replaced Ping Tour 54 and 59 wedges with new Ping Glide 54 and 58 wedges.
  • Incorporated Snell My Tour Ball and Callaway Chrome Soft into my ball rotation.
  • Replaced xHot driver with Big Bertha Alpha 815 driver.  Cut said 815 down from 45.5" to 45".
  • Replaced Titleist 910f 3 wood with new Callaway xr 3deep.  Realized I can't hit the 3deep worth poop and gone back to the 910f.
  • Replaced Sun Mountain bag with Ping Hoofer.
  • Experimenting with Ping G30 driver that might replace BB Alpha.  If so, it will get cut down to at least 45" (from 45.75") but I'm also seriously considering going to 44.5."

I think that's about it.

I read here that With the fly z it's almost impossible to hit a slice. Is that what happened with you to see that big jump in distance? I need one of those too if that's the case.

It is a very forgiving driver, it was between the fly z and the g30 but the fly z I hit more consistent and for $100 less then the g30 it was the clear winner. I can however hit a slice pretty easily, the driver does help on consistency but I have also practiced about an hour a day since the beginning of the season, with evolvr, and i made a decision that I was going to learn to hit the driver this year and it is starting to show. I used to use my 3 wood off the tee all the time which I averaged 210 off the tee with.

Changed my 3 wood regular flex benross quad speed.In went a stiff shaft MD superstrong 3 wood.

Percentage of fairways has improved because of this. Still can fluctuate with my distance but far less deviation of ball flight.

Superstroke mid slim on my putter. Wasn't  quite expecting such dramatic results buy my putting has improved out of sight.

I don't  like to make wholesale changes to my equipment  too often just tweaks here and there.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

At the beginning of the year I switched from a 10.5 G25 driver to a G30 at 10.5. Also switched from an old G2 3 wood to a G30 3 wood. I switched from G30 irons in August to I25 irons. I should have waited one more week to try out the Ie1 irons but I really liked the I25s. My iron specs and shafts(S300) stayed the same between the 2 sets.

Im embarrased to admit but Ive went through 5 putters since March. Started with a Scotty Cameron Golo 3, then went to an Oddyssey Versa 6, then onto a Heavy Putter BM3. The 4th putter was an Oddyssey V-Line and my current gamer is a Cleveland Classic 1. I know that not only is that alot of putters but its also 5 different styles of putter. I really like the Cleveland. Ive added lead tape and a Super Stroke grip to it. Ive had it in the bag for 2 months now and Ive made a commitment to keep it until I do things right and get fitted. Ive been fitted for every club in my bag but the putter.

I went from a 54 degree Titleist Vokey found in the middle of a water hazard to purchasing a full set of clubs. Thank you angry golfer who threw that wonderful club in the water!

Just ordered a Titleist 915H 27 degree used off of 3 Ball on the internet.  I hope to fill a distance gap between my 5 hybrid and six iron.  My intent is to loft up on the 915 to about 28 degrees a perhaps remove the six iron from the bag.  I lack confidence in the six iron and it is the usual club on a couple of par threes on my local course.

Note: This thread is 3090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!