IGNORED

Posting Copyrighted Material

jcjim
Note: This thread is 3130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does this forum allow copy righted material to be posted by members or just supply a URL

Last I knew it was illegal to do so.

No copyrighted material is not allowed. It is in the popup.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm no attorney, and I may be wrong in saying, infringement of copy righted material is when anyone would use the material for financial gain.

Posting materials from any source for informational purposes, I'm guessing is not breaking any laws.

If it is, throw me a life raft, cause I'm probably going to need one.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Does this forum allow copy righted material to be posted by members or just supply a URL

If you post something from another site, include the link from where it came from.

It's not illegal to post links to videos, articles, etc from other sites. That's something that every website does.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Uh-oh, given all the music I've posted FBI is coming for me in 3... 2... 1... :-) But seriously, they have bigger fish to fry.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Not sure if modifying and posting something is illegal or not, but I'm pretty sure you didn't take that picture of Henry Kissinger and the Smith and Wesson in your avatars?

Hope it's not. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Please point specifically to what you're referring instead of lobbing passive-aggressive grenades around.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcjim

If you post something from another site, include the link from where it came from.

It's not illegal to post links to videos, articles, etc from other sites. That's something that every website does.

Plus in referencing the site, which give them more traffic.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not sure if modifying and posting something is illegal or not, but I'm pretty sure you didn't take that picture of Henry Kissinger and the Smith and Wesson in your avatars?

Hope it's not. . .

No it's someone here that inserted kissinger picture before I had a avatar. kissinger  picture only belongs on my tissue paper'

No I have the Smith&Wesson; Model 41 and the scope that  I'm deadly accurate with since I compete around the country.

Oh by the way any avatars supplied by this forum taken from the web are illegal as of 4/1989.

It is illegal to copy from the web since the law passed in 4/1989. Any forum that supplies avatars and other things copied or people copying from the web and posting it in full is breaking the law.

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/84684/its-illegal-to-post-copy-righted-material#post_1206217"]   Not sure if modifying and posting something is illegal or not, but I'm pretty sure you didn't take that picture of Henry Kissinger and the Smith and Wesson in your avatars? Hope it's not. . . [/QUOTE] No it's someone here that inserted kissinger picture before I had a avatar. kissinger  picture only belongs on my tissue paper' No I have the Smith&Wesson; Model 41 and the scope that  I'm deadly accurate with since I compete around the country. Oh by the way any avatars supplied by this forum taken from the web are illegal as of 4/1989.

So, you took that picture in your avatar?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

It is illegal to copy from the web since the law passed in 4/1989. Any forum that supplies avatars and other things copied or people copying from the web and posting it in full is breaking the law.

This is a duplicate thread, and did you take the picture you uploaded for your avatar? BTW, from what I understand, if you modify and or give credit to the owner of the images it is not cut and dry.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

From 1989 you do not need to label something or have it registered as copyrighted. All material created privately is automatically copyrighted.

So if you copy that meme that someone took time to make and posted it here you are violating copy right laws. Though I highly doubt anyone would care because those things are usually made with the intent to be shared like that. In the end, any original content, made privately is copyrighted automatically.

Even if every website does it, it's still technically illegal. Though copyright laws are primarily a civil lawsuit only. I doubt websites would care much. If they did care they could easily seek compensation or require you to take down the material.

From the University of Pittsburgh,

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Paging a moderator to have this thread merged with this one,

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

From 1989 you do not need to label something or have it registered as copyrighted. All material created privately is automatically copyrighted. So if you copy that meme that someone took time to make and posted it here you are violating copy right laws. Though I highly doubt anyone would care because those things are usually made with the intent to be shared like that. In the end, any original content, made privately is copyrighted automatically.  Even if every website does it, it's still technically illegal. Though copyright laws are primarily a civil lawsuit only. I doubt websites would care much. If they did care they could easily seek compensation or require you to take down the material.  From the University of Pittsburgh,

Our banned friend seems like he might as well be the living embodiment of those hoax Facebook blurbs about copyrights and privacy notices, haha. In any event, registering a work isn't required for creation of a copyright, but it is required eventually if one wants to enforce a copyright through a lawsuit and recover damages in the US.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• Administrator
There's also the fair use example. It's over-used but covers things like quoting part of a report and linking to it. Remember he first made this allegation when someone used a study to refute his nonsense in the tax or medication thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I attribute copyrighted material, preferably with a link, but sometimes with the source, as sometimes a link only opens for subscribers.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!