IGNORED

What course would you play for free the rest of your life?

jcjim
Note: This thread is 3113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

None, playing one course day after day, no matter how great or nice it is, can be boring after a month of two. 

I don't think that's the exact question being asked though. It's "if you could play any course for free for the rest of your life", not "if you had to play one course for the rest of your life". At least that's how I read it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I was limited to just one course for the rest of my golfing life, it would be Spyglass at Pebble Beach. I love playing that course. That would be Heaven for me.

While we are at it, Hell would be that Rockwood course near Ft Worth 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

If I was limited to just one course for the rest of my golfing life, it would be Spyglass at Pebble Beach. I love playing that course. That would be Heaven for me.

Yeah again I don't think the OP means you're limited to one course. You can pay to play at other courses but this "dream" course would be free.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yeah again I don't think the OP means you're limited to one course. You can pay to play at other courses but this "dream" course would be free.

You are probably right, but I would answer the OP  the same way. Just a first impression when I first read it. If I could play Spyglass for free, I'd move there, and only play it. Well, maybe sneak a few rounds in on Pebble, and some of the fine courses in that area every once in awhile. . 

In My Bag:

Furnace Creek Resort in summer could probably give it a run for its money being in Death Valley and all.  Hear it is a beautiful course, maybe one day when I get back out that way to visit family I can play it.

Furnace Creek Resort in summer could probably give it a run for its money being in Death Valley and all.  Hear it is a beautiful course, maybe one day when I get back out that way to visit family I can play it.

Myself and some golfing buddies play Furnace Creek every August. We all roll our RVs down there, set up our camp and make a week of it. It is a nice course, and at below sea level it can get down right hot there. In the mid to high 120s*F is pretty common there. 

In My Bag:

Myself and some golfing buddies play Furnace Creek every August. We all roll our RVs down there, set up our camp and make a week of it. It is a nice course, and at below sea level it can get down right hot there. In the mid to high 120s*F is pretty common there. 

I have read about a tournament they host every year, have you ever played it?  I don't know how my body would respond to that kind of heat, I grew up in Vegas so a dry heat is something I know well but that is crazy hot.

If I lived near Augusta, it would be that course, definitely!! Around here, I'd choose Sahalee or Tumble Creek.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Note: This thread is 3113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!