IGNORED

Jordan Spieth vs Jason Day at Presidents Cup, Who Wins?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the match?

• Jordan Spieth
    • Jason Day

Right, rather than slot 1-12 on each side, then reveal each match-up, they do it as described. I'm pretty confident the Captains will be encouraged by the players themselves, the media, and their respective governing bodies to ensure a World #1 vs. World #2 match-up.

That seems logical, but then again, when looking at the other players, it's not like there aren't a whole lot of good possible matchups.  I mean, I'm not going to be complaining much if we see Day vs. DJ or Bubba or Rickie.  Or Spieth vs. Danny Lee or Hideki.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Coin flip to be honest. Which is what's awesome about this "rivalry." Although its not as much of a rivalry as I'd like because they are both too nice of guys. I think for a rivalry to really blossom there needs to be some animosity b/t the two. But between Jordan, Day, and Rory they all seem to be each other's biggest fans almost so as of right now its not as intense as it could be. That could change though.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

If Jason Day and Jordan Spieth play each other in singles at the Presidents Cup next week, who do you think wins and why. Also what do you think the score of the match will be?

I think we should all just celebrate seeing the two top players in the world square off against each other.  I am rooting for the US side and I wouldn't care whatsoever who won.  I just want to see that match.  We never got to see the Scott v. Woods match up, or Rory v. Woods type battles.  I think we as a golf community would all benefit from seeing the two top players in the world battle it out.  I think the captains of both teams should recognize that and make it happen!

Callaway Staffer. Golf Enthusiast. PGA lvl. 3 intern.   Lover of spoiling a good walk.
Driver:  Callaway 816 BB Alpha (Diamana Ki'lia 80 g    3W/5W: Callaway XR Pro  (Diamana Ki'lia 70g)
Irons: 3-PW Callaway Apex Pro (2 flat) Project X pxi     Wedges: 54  &  58 Callaway MD3

Instagram

I voted Speith, but think the chances will be very similar to the current result of this poll--50-50. It could go either way, and likely to extra holes. If one is off, it could be a 3 and 2 or 2 and 1. If they are both on it could be 4-6 extra holes.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Yup, missed the boat on this one but I can't argue with Price's thought process.  Spieth was lighting it up and he wanted to put his big guy against a lesser foe.  Leishman took care of business but that was unexpected.

Was a fun event.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 3110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!