IGNORED

Hong Kong Golfers Now Need a License to Drive A Cart

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 3099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From golf.com
http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/hong-kong-golfers-upset-over-new-golf-cart-drivers-license-mandate

Could you pass a test?

By Brendan Mohler

Starting Thursday, all golfers in Hong Kong must have a driver's license to use a golf cart--and that rule includes the city's only public course.

While not unusual in the United States, the rule is especially maddening in Hong Kong--a city of more than 7 million people--where only about one-third of the population old enough for a driver’s license owns one.

A course called Kau Sai Chau on an island of the same name off the coast of Hong Kong is one of those affected. Of the island’s three courses, the East course already requires golfers to use carts because of its severe elevation changes, steep inclines and general danger on foot, but did not previously require driver's licenses.

The mandate is part of a larger regulation by the Hong Kong Transport Department to require all golfers at Hong Kong courses to show proof of a driver’s license before operating a cart, and it will go into effect at private courses as well. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got mad cart driving skills :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I think people should have to be able and pass a maturity test as well before they can drive a golf cart.  Last night two kids, anywhere from 14-17 years old, was hard to tell had a little too much fun with the golf cart.  They were on right hand side of the 13th fairway of my home course (which is the fairway/green I live on) and went downhill into the gulley of long grass that can't be mowed when it is too wet right next to property line and got the cart stuck.  They got out by going into the private property of a person's backyard, did a big circle and came right back out where they got stuck, only to stick the golf cart again in the same place, but not before sliding out hard.  They spun the tires a few times before realizing they were too heavy.  Got out eventually and pushed the cart out.  I was out back pulling some weeds when I saw this.  I bit my lip and didn't say anything but kept my eye on them.  Then they hit their shots on the green eventually and what do they do?  They drive the golf cart onto the green.  One kid drives the golf cart up to the pin to pull it and that is when I yelled at them to get the golf cart the hell off of the green.  They scrambled and picked up their golf balls and went to the next hole.  Couple of jerk kids, this wasn't an innocent mistake because they knew full well what they did was wrong.  

Edited by Gator Hazard
Horrible grasp of the English language and spelling

All of my local courses require you to sign a liability waiver for the carts, no one ever reads these but they do say you must have a valid drivers license to operate the cart.  And I also checked and my car insurance does cover me for cart incidents if I'm driving,

Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  15* 
S-Flex
Hybrids: Nike Vapor Speed 3-5 Steel Stiff
Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 6-Pw Steel Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Satin Black; 52, 56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Works 2-Ball
Grips: Good Grip Tour Wrap Medium 
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!