IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (October 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

While we don't have the badges anymore the rules are the same as the last few months:

• Post every day during the month above. No back-dating or pre-dating posts or practice sessions.
  • Detail what you did for at least five minutes of practice (indoors or out, with or without golf balls, etc.). Some of you have been slacking on this - give details.

Enjoy and practice hard!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the range - hit 100 balls.

Today I was working on standing closer to the ball with irons and wedges, so that my arms are hanging down more vertically.  This was very effective for me, and I was more consistently hitting them straight and into a fairly tight grouping distance-wise with each club. 

I also took a few swings with my 5w, also working on standing a bit closer and keeping my head still throughout my swing. 

The driver was the biggest frustration today, but I was working on getting my arms and left wrist in the right position at the top of my backswing. 

Had a lesson today. Me and my teacher are working on getting me steeper in the backswing. I need to feel like Im holding an umbrella at A3.                                      

We also are working on my path coming into the ball. I was coming too far from the inside( almost 9* with the driver) Ive been working with my instructor for 3 months now and am really starting to see some progress.

Edited by adam3553

10/2/15:

Putted for a bit this morning, then hit some irons this evening.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

10/2 : hit 30 range balls, still on process.  Practice swings, line up, hit the ball.  Driver's going where I want it to.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what to practice -- I've had so many recent and upcoming tournaments rounds I haven't submitted any video for lessons because it's one thing to work on something new during a round, it's another thing (to me at least) to do so during a tournament round.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Hit balls in my garage today. First time this fall that Im not outside. It feels like early March today. Im still working on being steep in the backswing. Ive incorporated this steep feeling into my Pre-Shot Routine. Today I worked on slow swings that were at most 3/4 length and speed. Putting an alignment stick perpendicular to the target and 4" behind the ball is helping me from not coming too far from the inside on the downswing.

Im also being conscious of my finish position on these 3/4 swings. Im focusing on my right arm being straight at 3:00 and am really making sure I finish more "around" with my arms in front of my torso and not so upright as I was before. As I said yesterday Im excited that the changes me and my instructor have made are really noticeable now and Im headed in the right direction. Cannot wait untill 2016.

Went to the range today and continued to work on steepening my backswing. I hit 180 or so balls with mostly my 8 iron and 6 iron. I used the alignment stick behind every ball I hit so I wasnt coming from the inside. 90% of the swings were between 1/2 and 3/4 length and slow. Im trying to ingrain this slowly into my full swing. I was also conscience of how I finished the swings. Im trying to feel more around with my hands in front of my torso. 

Long range session today. Worked on driver setup and backswing. Then a lot of time on sand and pitch shots. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm not part of the club since I will not remember to post here on a daily basis.

But I do get a kid's club and pick it up for about 5 minutes almost every day I do not go to the range or play.

Today  was a range day - keeping the arms in front of me and connected with body is the primary issue, then smooth transition, get club in front with close elbows, weight forward, and turn to a full finish.

Lots of wedges.

Hit some drivers -- someone needs to review the new GBB - it is a beast.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Spent ten minutes doing mirror work mostly on backswing to A4. Filming my swing yesterday at the range showed that my hips are moving back slightly and not into the proper position at A4

Scott

My Swing Thread

Didn't know there was a thread for this. I did a quick search Friday. . .

Thursday 1st- played a round and practiced my drill swings after the round.

Friday 2nd- Usual lots of balls on range 2.

Saturday 3rd- Practiced in my net area, then at range 2.

Sunday 4th- Rain, but practiced in my net area. Tested the rain cover.

Monday the usual 1.5 buckets in the morning.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hit probably 90 balls on the range today working on my backswing still. Im starting to see changes which are confirmed by video. While working on steepening my backswing I also made a good effort to make a centered hip turn on all swings. I hit nothing but mid-irons.

10 minutes mirror work. Working on same priority piece.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Hit fat shots thin shots and a couple shanks off grass this morning. The 3W off the deck was the only thing I could hit, and not even that well. . . :-P

Did some drills and am preparing for a hopefully better session at range 2 this evening. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hit 90 balls on the range then played 3 holes at the club. Worked on my priority piece of steepening the shaft in the backswing. The last couple days havent been the greatest as far as ballstriking. Before that the last week was great. I realized my hands were moving out away from me in my backswing in an attempt to keep them in front of me. Ive basically overdone what Ive been working on. At the end of my range session I let the hands work in a little on the backswing and hit the last 15 balls great.

Id like to work on some putting as Im playing in our clubs Ryder Cup this weekend but we just punched our greens:( Luckily the course were playing at isnt too tough.

5 minutes mirror work on centered hip turn to A4. Went with the feel of the right pocket going toward the target during backswing. Also, worked on abbreviated follow-through to A8-9 having my knees close together faster.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Hip turn drills, and my "drill swing". Hit 1.5 large buckets to get the feel with my irons. Starting to get that feel in my driver and 3W. Starting to properly swing the woods. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hit about 120 balls working on my priority piece of steeping the shaft in the backswing. I really struggled today but stuck with what Im trying to ingrain. Played 9 holes after but didnt keep score. Our greens were just aerated so putting is non-existant.

Note: This thread is 3092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!