IGNORED

Do I have a case for a refund?

Ongle
Note: This thread is 3113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am interested in @Ongle's response.  Are you going to seek a refund or replacement?  Let's hear the rest of the facts and the end of the story. 

Edited by iacas
Added @mention

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To be honest the retailer could easy argue not to replace this(but I think they still will). Looking at the scuff marks on the LH side of the heel I would say this hasn't been treat well, the club just isn't designed to be used in that way.

If you don't have much luck, clean up the club and have a whinge about it on Twitter, companies hate looking bad in public.

Chris 

Ex-field hockey player with a few things on my list to correct/ sort out:
1:  Flipping, 2: Overswing, 3: Stop being Tin Cup

Been playing properly since May 2014, got the bug now, so I'm here forever. Must have watched a billion hours of youtube videos, seems to help!

It would likely be better for you to contact Adam's Golf directly rather than the retailer who sold you the club. They will better be able to solve any issues you have with a defective product, since the retailer has to go to the manufacturer anyways for any sort of replacement.

Their customer support contact information can be found by clicking here.

If he calls Adams, they will tell him that he needs to go to a golf shop that has an Adams account. I retired recently after spending the last 20 years running a golf shop, and the manufacturer will not deal directly with the customer. 

If he calls Adams, they will tell him that he needs to go to a golf shop that has an Adams account. I retired recently after spending the last 20 years running a golf shop, and the manufacturer will not deal directly with the customer. 

They will. I know because I bought PING irons and they wanted me to go through them, not through the retailer. The retailer would have just sent me to the manufacturer anyways. Unless Adams is really messed up in customer service, they'll handle it themselves assuming the club was not a used purchase.

Edited by Pretzel

They will. I know because I bought PING irons and they wanted me to go through them, not through the retailer. The retailer would have just sent me to the manufacturer anyways. Unless Adams is really messed up in customer service, they'll handle it themselves assuming the club was not a used purchase.

It's never been that way in the 20 years I was in the business. We had lots of customers bring us a defective club because they called the manufacturer first, but were told to bring it to us to handle. I'd be curious to know what sort of problem you had with your Ping irons. On rare occasions, the manufacturer might handle an issue directly, but that was pretty rare.

Believe what you like, but it's common practice with all of the major golf equipment manufactures to have their retail accounts handle all of the defective customer issues. It's not uncommon for the manufacturer to have the retailer replace the club for the customer right in the store, depending on the situation. How could customer service be better than that? If the customer has to deal directly with the manufacturer, and he has a defective club, he'd be without the club for a week or more waiting for a replacement to come via UPS or FedEx.  . 

It's never been that way in the 20 years I was in the business. We had lots of customers bring us a defective club because they called the manufacturer first, but were told to bring it to us to handle. I'd be curious to know what sort of problem you had with your Ping irons. On rare occasions, the manufacturer might handle an issue directly, but that was pretty rare.

My dad had a Ping driver that the shaft broke right near the hosel. Golf Galaxy told him to call Ping. He did and Ping told him to ship the club to them and he received the latest driver at the time because his current one was not being made anymore. My dad bought a Ping G20 right at the end of their cycle and the new G25 came out like 3 months later when my dad broke his club. 

How could customer service be better than that? If the customer has to deal directly with the manufacturer, and he has a defective club, he'd be without the club for a week or more waiting for a replacement to come via UPS or FedEx.  . 

It would depend on the club. If the shaft broke on my Mizuno MP59 irons a month after I bought them I would be with out a club because Mizuno stopped making them and the Golfsmith I bought them from didn't have my exact iron. I also got upgraded golf shafts. So even if they did have the irons they couldn't match it in retail store. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!