IGNORED

Does your Gap wedge match iron set or not?

Note: This thread is 2983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Matching all  the way through.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mine does, as does my SW but once I decided to go in that direction it took me months to find them in the second hand shops around here.  Really good move on my part, I hit those much better than I did the Vokeys I had prior.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Yep - I love my matching gap wedge (JPX825) ... I have Ping 54 & 58 on the high end

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

• 2 weeks later...

I play Callaway XR irons and I use their PW, GW and SW, I like the feel and I know the gaps in lofts are just right (for me). I like the feel of each club and I have their distance down pat. I use graphite shafts and had trouble finding a lob wedge with a graphite shaft. (I don't think they make a XR lob wedge, but I may be wrong). Anyway, for my lob wedge I had one made by Hireko Custom Clubs, 60* with a graphite shaft. Swing weight feels like me XRs so I am very happy with it, (love the lie behind the ball).

• 3 months later...

Well I guess I needed to come back to this topic, because I have another question...

I recently purchased a new set of Exotics EXi irons (I haven't received them as of yet), 4-PW, AW, SW. I also picked up the Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro S wedges 54° and 58°. My question is will I be okay, keeping my EXI gap wedge as I will be hitting more full shots with it, or should I pick up a 50° CB Pro S...

P.S. My wife has already had a heart attack about the $2000 I've already spent.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by onthehunt526
added material

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

No my GW matches my wedges. I don't get a lot of full swing GW approach shots. The couple short par 4's we have are the exception, can get to that range with a fairway. But everything else my average approach is more in the 5i-9i range. But I use my 50 around the greens a lot.

Dave :-)

Yep.  My set has a 45* W and a 50* "U" or utility wedge, I guess.  My more lofted wedges are Vokey branded 54 and 58*.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

I'm looking into doing it. I got a 3H-PW set of Mizuno JPX-EZs, so obviously no GW in that set. However, in looking at adding newer/better clubs to my bag (since I'm using a 5W nearly 13 years-old and a SW whose origins I don't even know), I was looking at grabbing a used GW from the same set. It mostly ends up being about aesthetic preferences, since I'm not anywhere near good enough to worry about having something with the perfect feel.

I had the GW for my AP-2 set that I retired midway through last season.  I also got the AW with my new TM Aero Burners, but because it was my go to club for chipping and pitching around the green, I kept the GW from the AP-2 set in my bag.  Technically I now have 2 gap wedges. :content:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 2983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!