IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Won't be posting what I shot today.... Woke up to get ready for a tournament here and there's 2 inches of snow on the ground and more coming down. I played in shorts yesterday.... Welcome to Utah.

I shot a 77 on an easy 129 slope and 6400 short yardage course. I hit 14 greens, but they are large greens. I also had 37 putts, but they are still punched with holes and sand and I put everything out. The fairways are sparsely rye grass with the dormant bermuda not coming back yet. But, the rought is really nothing but dormant bermuda which isn't hard to hit out of. But, in the fairway, the condition of the season makes for terrible fairway lies, and I play the ball as it lies unless there is a USGA relief rule that allows otherwise. I hate that they overseed the fairways for tourists, because dormant bermuda is a good winter surface to hit off of. Because of the US OPen and the problems with overseeding Rye and the seedlings that cause "Po" to germanate on the greens, #2's fairways are all dormant bermuda right now. I wish other courses would follow suit. Overseeding the Tees is all that is needed, if that.

I hit a lot of fairway woods off the tees, as this is super short yardage. This course has dense Pine tree lined fairways, so it helps hitting 3 woods to stay out of the tree lines. Right now, I'm struggling to get my confidence back so I'm playing the more user friendly markers and courses. If I can get my Handicap down to 5 or 6, I'll step up the yardage on some days to hit the longer irons and more drivers.

My highlight was a driver and a 4-iron to the middle of an uphill no wind aided 494 yard par 5, a par 4 for the pros these days. I had a tap in 4. The ball was sitting down yet I still managed to burn a 4-iron on the front and run to the middle. Hopefully, that last hole will get my confidence back a little.

Today I played in a scramble tournament. My foursome shot a 5-under 65 to win the tournament over 13 over teams by one stroke. We played perfect team golf today. No matter how bad some of our shots were, one person always hit the shot we needed. I personally made some great putts, some very solid drives and have my confidence at a sky-high level right now.

• Administrator
Today I played in a scramble tournament. My foursome shot a 5-under 65 to win the tournament over 13 over teams by one stroke. We played perfect team golf today. No matter how bad some of our shots were, one person always hit the shot we needed. I personally made some great putts, some very solid drives and have my confidence at a sky-high level right now.

Congrats! Where's the trophy pic this time?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats! Where's the trophy pic this time?

Heh. This time we're getting engraved plaques, so they took our names and said they would deliver them in about a week. I'm still in shock about the whole thing.

By the way, I know it's the wrong thread, but Happy Freaking Birthday, man!

Went out today and played widney manor in solihull,i shot a 76 which was 5+ for the course,hit some lovely drives but my approach play wasnt the best so it couldve been even better but hey thems the brakes!!!!Oh by the way thats 5+ with a 'backward' grip....

Very good - hand that card in for a handicap cut my friend......

..at "backwards" grip BTW.

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Played 18 today (Easter) with a buddy. I played a course called Wingpointe which is next to the airport. It is an Arthur Hills design course, links style. Windy as hell and shot 75.

Nice shootin' guru!

I went out for a late 9 yesterday and shot the most unfullfilling even par 35 I've had in a while. Missed a straight uphill 10 footer for birdie on 2. made a 2 footer for birdie on 3, then missed six footers for birdie on 4 and 5! Both of which were straight uphill putts. Should have had 4 in a row. Totally unexcuseable.

Good news is that I'm at least giving myself the chance at easy birdies with good drives and iron play. Also really getting used to my new driver. Pounded a 290 yarder on 5, and about 300 on 7.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Which driver did you get? Did I miss that post?

Yes, funny how we golfers can do some amazing things but we remember the bad shots or the mistakes. I shot a 31 for 9 holes one time but all I could think about was the 1 foot par putt I missed.

Which driver did you get? Did I miss that post?

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359 Mizuno MP-001

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
I shot 200 today! And had 0 putts! Woohoo!

OK, so today was the first real day of golf here: 64° and sunny. A bit breezy, but hey, whatever. Temporary greens...

I hit balls all over the place. Straight, I mean, but from everywhere on the course. Nobody was around when I played the second hole, so I dropped 15 balls and hit to the pin. The pins were in the fairways short of the greens. We'll probably be putting in about a week's time.

WOOHOO! A 200! I'll take it! Can't start posting handicap scores until April 15 anyway, I guess.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Shot a 79 today. Two holes had temporary greens, so I let myself count two putts once I got inside 10 yards (maybe 35 feet on one of them).

Front Nine
Score: 40
Fairways: 2/7
Putts: 14
GIR: 1/9
Up and Down: 2/5
Sand Saves: 1/1

I figured out that I was hunching a little (my spine wasn't very straight) and hit the ball a lot more solidly on the back. The back at my course is also more difficult. And I discovered that my 8I grip is about 10 degrees off-kilter, so I pulled two 8-irons. That will soon be fixed...

Back Nine
Score: 39
Fairways: 6/7
Putts: 14
GIR: 2/9
Up and Down: 3/6
Sand Saves: 1/1

I didn't play particularly well. I've been hitting a fade and I'm not used to it: I keep aiming right and expecting my 10-foot draw, but instead hit a 15-foot cut. But my short game was doing pretty well. I may have made more putts if the greens had been "normal," but hey, it's golf and I played it. Weather was 50 degrees, winds were 20 MPH, and I had a blast.

I've forgotten how tiring it can be to walk 18 holes. I'll be up to speed again soon, but boy you can kinda get winded trudging up some of the steeper hills sometimes when you've been sitting at a computer all winter!

I've been playing nine holes at least once a week all fall, winter and early spring. This has been the first time I've ever been able to play regularly in my life and I've been having a blast. A few weeks back I was at my sister's wedding in Oregon and got out for a full round of 18 with my uncle. Well, I shot a 96 (first time under 100) on a course I'd never played. I'll admit I took a couple of mulligans off the tee but that really was a great day for me. I believe good things are to come.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

73 (+1) for me on Easter Monday from our back tee's.Doubled the 2nd (lost ball in fairway - or so it seemed ?),birdied 18,and 16 pars.Havnt counted but seemed to have alot of putts,but i guess thats a by-product of hitting quite a few GIR and the greens being a little "raw" so early in the season.
Our competition season is about to begin in earnest in the next few weeks and i cant wait...

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

76 today in some heavy wind. Went through holes 2-12 without hitting a GIR but had 25 putts. 6 sand saves today. Bad ball striking, terrible chipping and good putting adds up to 76.