IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

shot my best round on my birthday (7/4) 102 on a par 65. Also, 1st par! I know, I'm a n00b but its a step in the right direction

In my bag:

King Cobra 9.5 Driver

Tight Lies 3 Fairway Wood Zing2 3 to 9 irons, SW, PW, Putter Lob Wedge

Shot a very 99 today (50/49). Only saving grace was my putting was good (28 putts) but the 5 OB just killed any chance at a decent round.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bizarre week.

Last Friday, I shot a 93 at Augustine . Horrible round, but putted well (30 putts).

This morning, I shot a 77 at Cannon Ridge . Absolutely could not miss a putt on the front nine. Ended the day with 31 putts.

Two things changed from last week's round -- 1) my shiny new r7 460 made its debut, and 2) I picked up a Trion-Z bracelet a couple of days ago. I don't know how well the thing works (I picked it up because it's cheap and I'm willing to try anything to relieve an old knee injury that flares up from time to time), but it's pretty cool coincidence that I felt pretty good all day today. Never got too flustered, stayed calm over putts... it was weird. Maybe I bought 19 dollars of a confidence placebo, huh?

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Big night last night. We are in first place and we were playing the second place team. We had a 9 point lead going in. There are 6 points possible (2 Mens Net, 2 Womens Net and 2 Totals Net). I was giving my opponent 9 shots and my wife was giving his partner 8 for 9 holes. I started Double Bogey, Bogey but actually picked up a shot. I made a 30 footer for birdie on three to his tripple. From there I went Par, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Bogey and Par to beat him by 14 gross and 5 net. My wife won by 11 gross and 3 net.

The win was sweetend by the fact that this guy does not count all of his shots. I counted 4 holes where he gave himself one less than his actual score. It's a tough situation because it's a friends and family league. The guy is a jerk, but at the same time I don't want to offend him by calling him a cheater. There is no money involved and the winner gets nothing.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

had a junior tournament today. and if i couldve hit a putt in the 3-5 feet area i wouldve gotten at least second. I ended up shooting an 81 with 7 three putts!!!! Our tournament was at the Greenbrier in WV. An extremely nice course and pretty tough as well. 6776 yards, par 70 (they turned a par 5 into a par 4) 72.8/129. but my ball strking was very good so i cant really complain, 9 fairways and 11 greens.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

• Administrator

Shot an 80 today. Hit good shots on the front (while I was working on some things in my swing - for example, hit a few nice little draws while still aiming for a cut, etc.). Played a little match on the back and shot 38 that should have been 35 if I could have made a few of the many putts I had inside of 10 feet for birdie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

97 yesterday, breaking 100 for the 1st time. I have shot in the 40’s on easy 9-hole courses, but this was a pretty good regulation course. We played from the whites. I generally played pretty smart/conservative (for me) when I realized I couldn't hit my irons worth a damn; it was pretty much a driver - full wedge shot - little pitch or chip event for me.

I did hit my 3 best shots ever. I popped up a tee shot that wound up going only 20 yards past the senior tees but then hit a great 7 wood about 200 yards. On another hole I was about 135 yards out, normally a 9-iron for me (if hit perfectly). I decided to lay up and blast a 50* gap wedge which landed about 6 inches on to the front of the green and bounced about 9 inches past that. And finally on the par 5 18th I knew I needed to do well for a shot at breaking 100 and I could have laid up from 160 but I decided to try to get it close with a 7 iron. Playing for a little pull I aimed about 10 yards left of the pin and hit it pure. It only drew a tiny bit but it made the green. Even with the 3 putt I walked away with my first sub-100 round.

I didn't think I had a chance near the end. But I finished Par - Par - Par - Bogey - Bogey. I never had 3 pars in a row before :) I certainly did make some bad choices that I hope I won't make again in the future. And I was lucky that some of the risky shots I tried did work out. I am pretty confident now that I can do it again next time, especially if I work on my irons a bit more and figure out how to hit a 4-wood off the tee.

I must also credit all my recent chipping practice from 5 to 50 yards as well as my new Aserta IVM putter (best $20 I ever spent, anyone want a slightly used Ping Ug-Le?) which I had never hit until that round.

Sorry for the long post and my frequent pats on the back. But I could not get a hold of my regular playing partner to brag. Anywho, off to NJ this weekend for some (hopefully) good golf.

Suprised myself today, shot even 36 on the front 9 of a local course near my house... only had time for nine unfortunately and would have loved to continue, hit 8 GIRS, 6/6 Fairways and averaged 270 off the tee (which is a good number for me considering its consistency)

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Played 7/4; finally broke 90 on a course I play almost 3-4 times/month (Dauphin Highlands). Shot a 89 - nothing spectacular - five pars, rest bogeys with a few doubles. Best part - there were no major blow-ups!

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

97 yesterday, breaking 100 for the 1st time.

Congrats on the milestone!!!

...Playing for a little pull I aimed about 10 yards left of the pin...

lefty? ugh. No wonder you haven't broken 100 earlier !!!

97 yesterday, breaking 100 for the 1st time.

Congrats! I almost finally broke 100 but had a disasterous 6 on the 17th... I'm hoping to hit that milestone this weekend.

In my bag:

King Cobra 9.5 Driver

Tight Lies 3 Fairway Wood Zing2 3 to 9 irons, SW, PW, Putter Lob Wedge

Congrats on the milestone!!!

Bleh

I was aiming 10 yards right . I am a righty, in fact. My overwhelming joy and desire to 'brag' caused me to screw up my narrative there. For the record, I was aiming right to compensate for what I thought would be a pull towards the left (where the pin was) and managed to hit just a nice draw onto the green. Oh, I forgot. I started the day with 4 balls in my pocket and came home with 3. The only one I lost ran down a cart path and then rolled into the fairway or maybe the lite rough but I could not find it. I think a guy from a fairway over came and hit it as I found a Maxfli (I was using Nike's) right where I thought my shot would have been. And for the record, I did not penalize myself for that one.

just another average 95 oh except the 333 yard drive at the last to23 yards infront of the green pitched to with in a foot tap in bird. Man that felt good

Driver-Wilson Deep Red II .428 shaft (stiff)
3 Wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
5 wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
3 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(17*)
4 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(21*)5-PW-Wilson fat shaft52-56-68 Degree wedges- Wilson HarmonizedPutter- Top Flite Mallet

Shot 84 on 72.4/132 course. 40/44. Had a few bad holes but putted great and from 120 in I was deadly. Driving could have been better, Had an 8 and a 7 on the back. Played with a guy today who drove the green on a 351 yard Par 4. The sick thing was he drove it in the air and there was no wind. It was a moonshot. He made birdie.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I played yesterday at a great little course in Western Michigan. It is a Par 60, but from the back tees it is no pushover. From the tips on the back nine, there are 3 Par threes that are over 210 and two more that push 200. They all have either elevated greens or tees as well. Two of the par 4's are straight up hill and the third is a 400 yard dog leg left with OB inside the dog leg.

I Birdied the 10th and made solid Pars on 17 and 18 after a double on 16 for a 36.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Shot a 46. I took 20 (yes 20) putts. Couldn't get the speed on my putts right at all. Blew some 10 feet by, left some 10 feet short. I made exactly 1 decent putt and that was to follow up what was probably my worst putt of the round. Time to spend some quality time on the practice green.