IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

77 today!

41 on the front, 36 on the back. 

This his was really nice. I blew up my last two times out after shooting 79 and 83 then followed those with 86 and 87. 

I'd have to count the score card, but had 2 3 birds which tied my best for one round 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

45 on the front side at Falls Road GC.  I'm not unhappy with the score, especially considering I made no putts.  Nothing over a gimme.  Hit 5 of 6 fairways and 2 of 3 par 3s.

Then my son played his PGA Junior League match on the same course.  He was dominant!  He and his partner won 6 holes, lost 2 and tied 1.  And in the scramble format they mostly used his shots.  Very few came from his partner.  He hit every fairway and all 3 par 3s.  Well maybe one was on the fringe.  But overall, he played great.

• Upvote 1

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Toughest course around ... shot a 46 on front (driver was awful); came in with 40 on back with 2 birds, so made the best of it

Edited by inthehole

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Played Worplesdon GC in Surrey, UK last friday. Gorgeous autumn sunshine. I'm a 17 handicapper who hasn't been down there for a long time but amazed myself with 22 points on the front 9, 17 on the back. Gross 85 - the best round I've ever had in 25 years of trying. I'm so blown away, and I started with two 6s plus a 7 on the back. Used a new ball - Titleist velocity - instead of my usual softer Callaway. I have no idea if that made a difference but maybe I drained a few putts where I might have been short as per usual! Whatever happened, it doesn't matter, I'm so HAPPY! The beer and salty snacks at the 19th were so much sweeter!

Worplesdon golf course.jpg

Went out this morning and hit a bucket before my round and everything was wrong I couldn't hit a ball to save my life.  Thin fat topped, driver slicing.  I'm not feeling it today.  I get grouped up with a threesome hit a good drive off the tee and then proceed to shank my 100 yard wedge to the green into a hazard ball lost.  Second hole par 5 good first two shots, shank the approach wedge again ball lost.  I carded a 102 from the forward tees.

Now I'm just mad what the heck is going on? I go into the shop and tell them I want to go around again. (Learned in the process you can replay all 18 for just $10 good to know)  This time I get paired up with 2 older ladies, and I absolutely crush it.  I shot an 84! which is not only the best score I've ever shot, it's also the most pars or better in one round (8) and the first time I've ever made a par 5 green in two shots.  I hit an absolute bomb on 18, only 220 left to the center, green is a narrow shot between trees over a creek, my score is so good I decide to just try it and absolutely crush my 3 wood perfectly straight through the gap and on 20ft from the hole.  2 putt birdie.

Crazy day, I'm exhausted.

Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  15* 
S-Flex
Hybrids: Nike Vapor Speed 3-5 Steel Stiff
Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 6-Pw Steel Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Satin Black; 52, 56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Works 2-Ball
Grips: Good Grip Tour Wrap Medium 
Ball: ProV1

I shot a 107 yesterday, local course not too hard ( if you can play that is:-D ) only two tees..black and silver, I played from black but being 62 and playing badly I am going to move up to silver next time.....definitely need to spend time at driving range before I go back  

played nine at a course i played earlier this year only this time with 8 clubs only and my 4 wood instead of driver. the tree lined holes werent that big of a problem this time except for the last hole slicing one ob. putted much better. hit a few too many wedge shots fat. still a 4 stroke improvement over last time. 49.

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Had a nice little 41 (+5, 3.8 differential) at a 9 hole course I don't particularly like. The first 7 holes there was about a 20-30 mph breeze, so it was actually a really good 9 holes. Very pleased, although of course I left a shot or two out there.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

After reading about having a go to shot and lower per centage clubs, on the forum, decided to remove a few clubs from the bag yesterday, A 5 wood, 5 iron and a 56 degree wedge (realistically, lower per centage clubs for me) and Added a 5 hybrid 27 degree. Some type of Calloway. That pairs up with an existing 24 degree 4 hybrid from Nike.

Shot a 47 at a 9 hole my wife and I play occasionally.Wind was blowing hard all day. Last week shot a 53 there.

Gonna stick with this for a while. 

Been trying to improve hitting my 5 iron and wood, trying to improve my striking but suffer through a 25% success rate.

I think I prefer the short term score to long term succeess. I'm 62, how long can there be LOL

Saturday shot +15 87, pretty calm conditions and kept my bad holes to nothing worse than double. Yesterday in windy conditions 94 with a 9 on one hole... I didn't even really hit any horrible shots on the hole but I 3 putted because the hole was on a slope that if you missed the ball was rolling back at least 7 feet and I over compensated for the wind push off the tee and ended up losing the ball in the long grass.The wind died down a lot towards the end of the round so I decided to keep playing until dark. Was able to shoot +6 through 11 holes before it got too dark to play anymore. I've decided learning to play in the wind is worth living with the high scores. In all honesty only having 7 more strokes from the wind isn't too terrible, in my opinion at least.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I've fallen totally off the 'great play' rails into multiple personality land.

last four rounds - 75, 96, 90, 78  (the first course was fairly easy, but the last three were comparable and set up with hard pins....

pretty much I have no idea what I'll probably score before each round - it could go anywhere

Bill - 

i dont believe i have ever posted a round in this thread, but i think its time.

played a quick 9 hole round and....

broke par for the first time.  shot a -2 under 34.  3 birdies and 1 bogey. kinda proud of myself.

• Upvote 3

Colin P.

Was only able to get 8 holes in last night. Ended at 6 over with 2 birdies, a triple, and 5 bogeys. Except for 3 holes I didn't really strike the ball all that well which is pretty evident. Had one three putt from misjudging the amount of break on a long putt which cost me a par on the second hole, but other than that my putting was pretty solid. I did not lose any balls during the round so that really helped keep the score reasonable.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

78 front 40 back 38 par 72 rate 72.8 slope 131 indexed 4.5

2 birdies

8 pars

8 bogeys

11/14 FIR

13/18 GIR

37 putts

Another good round to post, I just didn't put the ball in any real trouble today and it shows, I guess if there was anything obvious it was I missed probably about 4 putts in the 4' or less range and if I obviously made those my bogey total would have been cut in half. I'll be back down to 5 index range in the next month if things continue and maybe I'm starting to reach a new level, if I could be somewhere in the 4.5 range  by the end of year then I think I'm going to have a very good 2016.

• Upvote 1

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

This is my personal best (previous was 74 three times) by a long shot.  Hands were shaking at the end of the round.  3rd eagle ever and the best of the three I've had by far in terms of execution of all the shots.  I was hitting my approaches STRAIGHT like I only ever do on the range.  Shaping shots (and on purpose :-P) like I do only on the range. 

The different was clearly my approach shot play.  Best I've ever had for an entire round.  I hit my distances normally, but line and shape can be all over the place.  This round I felt in total control and was really thrilled constantly during the round.

It could have been ever better, it was that kind of day.  Legit birdie opportunities missed on 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 and 13 - the other regulation holes I'd consider my first putts to be LAGs even if we always try to make them.  An Opportunity for me I try to define as within 12-15 feet or so.  Frankly, the bird on 15 was what I'd consider a lag attempt that turned out well.  the lag on 6 was 60 feet to within a couple. the whole day and nearly every shot was like that.  magical.

Frozen start, we had to wait for a bit of sun before going out.  Played first and alone, the whole course was like it was mine alone.  Took my time (even though it was a little under 3 hours, I dinked around, rested, searched for balls for the fun of it, etc), found 22 balls in the little ponds.  Enjoyed the air.  Played very strict - only did a little chip and putt extra practice after finishing a hole.  everything just calm and perfect.

3rd eagle

lowest ever

first under par round for 18 holes

first round in the 60's

I'm a bit numb about it - not sure where to go from here, or what I need to do get my iron and hybrid play to do this more often.

MWSnap 2015-10-19, 09_19_30.jpg

• Upvote 2

Bill - 

Kept those pesky low per centage clubs out of the bag- went 49, 43, 43 this weekend. probably only one or two rounds left this year. 

Gotta try and remember to keep them out for next season.