IGNORED

Golf Club Paint Fill

Note: This thread is 2923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm thinking about pimpin' out my clubs. I was wondering who else here has added some color to their clubs. Also, I was wondering if nail polish would work fine (and how long the color will last). If anybody has some pics could you post them just so I could see how some look.

I did this while bored this spring to my irons.

After about 50 rounds, I have the following thoughts:

1-Nail polish held up the best of the three different paints i used (blue model paint, red nail polish, and white appliance touch-up paint).
2-I wish I would have taken my time a little more and done a neater job.
3-I really like having red numbers instead of white on the bottom of my irons.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

I did mine and i took nail polish remover and a pocketknife and scraped out the old paint. Then i got a big paintbrush and applied ALOT of paint all over the area i wanted painted(MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET THE PAINT IN THE GROOVES OF THE FACE) and then left it for 30 seconds and then wiped it all off. You have to do it 2-3 times but then it looks like it came out of the factory. Some people seriously asked me if i got them done by mizuno.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I did mine and i took nail polish remover and a pocketknife and scraped out the old paint. Then i got a big paintbrush and applied ALOT of paint all over the area i wanted painted(MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET THE PAINT IN THE GROOVES OF THE FACE) and then left it for 30 seconds and then wiped it all off. You have to do it 2-3 times but then it looks like it came out of the factory. Some people seriously asked me if i got them done by mizuno.

So you applied paint in and around the area you wanted to paint, and then wiped the excess away with nail polish remover?

This sounds easy, I might have to redo my Vokey wedges, the black paint is starting to disappear.
Driver: ZL 10.5⁰
Fairway: Burner 15⁰/19⁰
Irons: MP-67
Wedges: 1018 52⁰/56⁰/60⁰
Putter: Byron Morgan 007xBall: Pro V1x

This entire thread baffles me. Why would someone take MP67's, one of the sexiest looking clubs in my opinion and paint the numbers red like some cheap prostitute?

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

This entire thread baffles me. Why would someone take MP67's, one of the sexiest looking clubs in my opinion and paint the numbers red like some cheap prostitute?

I'd give up my first born before trying to paint my MP-67's.

Driver: ZL 10.5⁰
Fairway: Burner 15⁰/19⁰
Irons: MP-67
Wedges: 1018 52⁰/56⁰/60⁰
Putter: Byron Morgan 007xBall: Pro V1x

I'd give up my first born before trying to paint my MP-67's.

Good, I'm glad I am not the only one. Must be something those darn kids are doing these days....and I am not even that old!

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

I should have been more clear I used a paper towel to wipe the excess off.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I used acetone to take out all of the paintfill on my SC studio select except for the cherry dots. It looks pretty hot, lol.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, all. I am painting some old Wilson clubs for a buddy. They look great so far but I'm having a bit of trouble with the Wilson on the sole of the club. It's very shallow and I wind up removing all the new paint when I try to clean the excess off. Anybody ever had this issue? What'd you do instead?

What's in the bag...
Driver: :macgregor: Jack Nicklaus persimmon driver
Irons: :mizuno: MP33 forged blades, 3-PW
Putter: :seemore: FGP
Ball: :pinnacle: Pinnacle Gold....or whatever I happen to find while digging around in the bushes :-)

Hi, all. I am painting some old Wilson clubs for a buddy. They look great so far but I'm having a bit of trouble with the Wilson on the sole of the club. It's very shallow and I wind up removing all the new paint when I try to clean the excess off. Anybody ever had this issue? What'd you do instead?

You have two options: you can just let the infill dry completely, then scrape off the excess with a razor blade...alternately, fill a small syringe with the paint and you should be able to do the infill "drop-by-drop" without actually having any excess.

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!