IGNORED

Tiger calls Love to volunteer as Ryder Cup assistant

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Should Davis Love grab Tiger as an assistant captain? (if Tiger doesn't make the team)  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Davis Love grab Tiger as an assistant captain? (if Tiger doesn't make the team)

• Yes
    • No

Shack...RC Asst Capt is nothing more than another opportunity for Eldrick to keep the focus on himself..not the team. How many tournaments have we watched of late, where he is not even on the third page, but the leg-humpers at CBS, GC, etc..only focus on his every shot, not the leaders? .... loves being the center of attention. He rarely congratulates the winners, only offers up some lame excuse for his poor play..ad nauseum.

Make no mistake..It is all about Eldrick, all the time.

Love knows this and will think long and hard about surreptitiously conceding his Captaincy to Eldrick.

Yes, I've heard that Tiger owns all networks and TGC, and pays off the announcers with strippers so they keep the focus on him.

:-O

Yep, that's the ticket...

Seriously, haters, get a life.:-P

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shack...RC Asst Capt is nothing more than another opportunity for Eldrick to keep the focus on himself..not the team. How many tournaments have we watched of late, where he is not even on the third page, but the leg-humpers at CBS, GC, etc..only focus on his every shot, not the leaders? .... loves being the center of attention. He rarely congratulates the winners, only offers up some lame excuse for his poor play..ad nauseum.

Make no mistake..It is all about Eldrick, all the time.

Love knows this and will think long and hard about surreptitiously conceding his Captaincy to Eldrick.

I'm in agreement with you 100%...couldn't have said it any better. 

Pendragon, Ping:

You guys nailed it. The tiger lovers around here can't dispute any of it, so they resort to calling us Haters.

It's the best way to determine who lost the argument- the ones doing the name-calling.

Pendragon, Ping:

You guys nailed it. The tiger lovers around here can't dispute any of it, so they resort to calling us Haters.

It's the best way to determine who lost the argument- the ones doing the name-calling.

Not necessarily. One person did that, and in the process pointed out you have no evidence. 

I will also point out you have no evidence. Notice the lack of name calling in my post. I would like you to point to some concrete evidence that Tiger Woods has done something intentionally to make sure the spotlight stays on him. Has he paid off television networks to broadcast his play? Is he the one who notified the media that he called Davis Love, and in a manner that wasn't prompted (by prompted I mean him answering a Ryder Cup related question in an ordinary interview)? I would like to see what proof you have that he's just trying to keep the limelight on himself.

• Administrator

Pendragon, Ping:

Calling people "Tiger Lovers" is name-calling, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Lover is derogatory? That's news to me. But I apologize to anyone that I offended.

Indeed, "lover" is certainly less derogatory than:  hater, douchebag, get a life, racist, bigot, uninformed, stupid, idiot, loser, etc.

But no problem- I can take it.

• Administrator

Lover is derogatory? That's news to me.

That's not what I said. 

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Pendragon, Ping:

Apparently, you only appreciate a sense of humor when it backs up your view.

Some here have named themselves judge and jury on Tiger, and make statements about Tiger that are nonsensical -- like the one I quoted several posts above. They are emotion-based.

Tiger-Lover? No. I admired the guy's golf game. Just because we think your comments are ludicrous does not mean we like Tiger. It just means your and other's statements about him are ludicrous.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Apparently, you only appreciate a sense of humor when it backs up your view.

Some here have named themselves judge and jury on Tiger, and make statements about Tiger that are nonsensical -- like the one I quoted several posts above. They are emotion-based.

Tiger-Lover? No. I admired the guy's golf game. Just because we think your comments are ludicrous does not mean we like Tiger. It just means your and other's statements about him are ludicrous.

I posted my comments based on  observations over the past several years of observing Eldrick's behavior and complete disregard for the rules. Case in point..when his pitch hit the flagstick and went into the creek, he purposely took a drop 15 or so yards behind the original divot to give him the advantage of a full shot, rather than the accepted practice of placing the ball at the top of the divot. That was not right, and he knew it, but he was given a pass. If you or I had done that, we would have been chased off the course. That sort of thing you remember..at least I do. I'm not a judge or jury..apparently you are, and have have found him innocent of all charges. 

I will also state that Eldrick has done a wonderful job of promoting this great game we call golf over the years, .....First Tee, etc. He has also done the game, and his legions of fans, a tremendous disservice,as observed by his conduct. But, as Eldrick said when asked why he was banging that Perkins waitress.."I thought I was entitled"..speaks volumes.  

. Case in point..when his pitch hit the flagstick and went into the creek, he purposely took a drop 15 or so yards behind the original divot to give him the advantage of a full shot, rather than the accepted practice of placing the ball at the top of the divot. That was not right, and he knew it, but he was given a pass. If you or I had done that, we would have been chased off the course. That sort of thing you remember..at least I do. I'm not a judge or jury..apparently you are, and have have found him innocent of all charges. 

This is wrong, I'm sorry but I have to point it out.  Because it was yellow staked he could have taken a drop as far back as he wanted, he could have gone back to 3w length if he wanted to but he has to keep the point in which the ball entered the hazard and the pin in a line.  He was perfectly within his right to move back, where he got penalized is that he went back on his line of play not where it entered.  

Callaway Staffer. Golf Enthusiast. PGA lvl. 3 intern.   Lover of spoiling a good walk.
Driver:  Callaway 816 BB Alpha (Diamana Ki'lia 80 g    3W/5W: Callaway XR Pro  (Diamana Ki'lia 70g)
Irons: 3-PW Callaway Apex Pro (2 flat) Project X pxi     Wedges: 54  &  58 Callaway MD3

Instagram

Love can pick Woody and Phillip if he wants. No big deal to me. I will watch the contest no matter who are captains.  I remember when some of the players decided they needed to be paid for this event. If I remember correctly Woody was one of the ring leaders. I know it was proclaimed to be about charity but it did have monetary value to the players.  Did not think much of the players then and still dont. Thats why I voted no. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

This is wrong, I'm sorry but I have to point it out.  Because it was yellow staked he could have taken a drop as far back as he wanted, he could have gone back to 3w length if he wanted to but he has to keep the point in which the ball entered the hazard and the pin in a line.  He was perfectly within his right to move back, where he got penalized is that he went back on his line of play not where it entered.  

You are correct..he did not drop where the ball entered...thanks for the clarification. The point being that he knows the rules, but doesn't always play by them..they only apply to others....speaks volumes.

• Administrator

I posted my comments based on  observations over the past several years of observing Eldrick's behavior and complete disregard for the rules. Case in point..when his pitch hit the flagstick and went into the creek, he purposely took a drop 15 or so yards behind the original divot to give him the advantage of a full shot, rather than the accepted practice of placing the ball at the top of the divot.

That's not the accepted practice. You have to drop, not place, and since he's a pro, the divot is closer to the hole anyway, so you will invariably drop "behind" the divot hole (not the divot itself).

It was also, at most, about two yards. It was not about getting a full swing and it was nowhere near 15 yards.

That was not right, and he knew it, but he was given a pass.

He was not given a pass. He was penalized, after the bad luck of hitting the flagstick.

If you or I had done that, we would have been chased off the course.

No, we'd be penalized… two strokes.

• Upvote 2

Love can pick Woody and Phillip if he wants. No big deal to me. I will watch the contest no matter who are captains.  I remember when some of the players decided they needed to be paid for this event. If I remember correctly Woody was one of the ring leaders. I know it was proclaimed to be about charity but it did have monetary value to the players.  Did not think much of the players then and still dont. Thats why I voted no. 

Okay, let's say you are a PGA Touring Pro and are asked by the USGA or PGA to play in an event in which these organizations will make millions of dollars, and they offer you expense money...

You might choke on something because if you have a good tournament in a normal week you might make $100k-1m. Let's see, the honor of playing for nothing while they make millions ... 

Think I might ask for something...

Edited by Mr. Desmond

That's not the accepted practice. You have to drop, not place, and since he's a pro, the divot is closer to the hole anyway, so you will invariably drop "behind" the divot hole (not the divot itself).

It was also, at most, about two yards. It was not about getting a full swing and it was nowhere near 15 yards.

He was not given a pass. He was penalized, after the bad luck of hitting the flagstick.

No, we'd be penalized… two strokes.

This is pure gold!

Callaway Staffer. Golf Enthusiast. PGA lvl. 3 intern.   Lover of spoiling a good walk.
Driver:  Callaway 816 BB Alpha (Diamana Ki'lia 80 g    3W/5W: Callaway XR Pro  (Diamana Ki'lia 70g)
Irons: 3-PW Callaway Apex Pro (2 flat) Project X pxi     Wedges: 54  &  58 Callaway MD3

Instagram

Okay, let's say you are a PGA Touring Pro and are asked by the USGA or PGA to play in an event in which these organizations will make millions of dollars, and they offer you expense money...

You might choke on something because if you have a good tournament in a normal week you might make $100k-1m. Let's see, the honor of playing for nothing while they make millions ... 

Think I might ask for something...

My point exactly. It's all about money for them, and not playing for their country. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

My point exactly. It's all about money for them, and not playing for their country. 

Please wake up. You fail to see the point that the USGA and PGA were using patriotism (more recently) to make millions on the backs of free labor. At first, it was a "country" motivation, but now, like most events, "country" is secondary and it's all about making millions for these organizations.

Times change... these events are now a commercial venture, and players should be paid.

Please wake up. You fail to see the point that the USGA and PGA were using patriotism (more recently) to make millions on the backs of free labor. At first, it was a "country" motivation, but now, like most events, "country" is secondary and it's all about making millions for these organizations.

Times change... these events are now a commercial venture, and players should be paid.

Couldn't agree more

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Note: This thread is 3053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!