IGNORED

Embarrassing moments...come clean here...

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have done a few knucklehead maneuvers on the golf course and one of them happened today but it was not as bad as the one I am sharing...

My most embarrassing  moment on record was a day where I was hitting fat shots with my irons (shocker) and I hit one on a par three and let my club loose at completion of my back swing, Even though the club was moving relatively slow, it still tumbled over to one of the guys in our foursome whom we were paired with (I did not know the guy before that day) and hit his club in front of him. I apologized profusely for being a dumbass and swore never do that again. I felt pretty stupid for a couple of holes though.

What is yours? Let this be your confessional and get it off your chest.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What is yours? Let this be your confessional and get it off your chest.

Too numerous to mention and I am taking the 5th to protect myself from future blackmails.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

This is golf, when do you not embarrass yourself? :-D

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Oh boy... I have actually done two recently.

The first one was I had just flared my 5th shot in a row short and right on the course and was really heated about it so I threw my club into the ground and it ended up bouncing about 30 feet in the air and bending the shaft.............. it's still playable but good thing I am getting new clubs soon!

The other one I almost killed someone. We have a turf putting green on campus that is near a concrete wall (yeah you can tell where this is headed) and I was in a really competitive putting competition with a few teammates... I missed a short putt to fall out of the lead and hit my ball very hard off the green and off the concrete wall. Needless to say it came whizzing back and almost hit a teammate in the head. Safe to say I won't be doing that again :~(

:titleist::vokey::edel:

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 8.5o w/ X-flex Aldila Rogue 70 ... 3-wood: Titleist 915 Fd 13.5o w/ X-flex Aldila Rogue 70 ... Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19o w/ X-flex Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec HB 8.8 ... Driving Iron: Titleist T-MB 3-iron w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (1o strong, 1o flat) ... 4-6: Titleist 716 CB Irons w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (1o strong, 2o flat) ... 7-PW: Titleist 716 MB Irons w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (1o strong, 2o flat) ... GW: Vokey 52.12 F grind w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff+ (2o flat) ... LW: Vokey 58.08 M grind w/ TT DG S400 (2o flat) Putter: 34" Edel McKenzie

C'mon you weiners, @rkim291968 and @Lihu...fess up...

I'd exceed the memory limitations on the site.

or

It would take more time than we have left to write that much. . .

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I was teeing off on a par three and these guys on the course kept yelling.  I asked them to keep in down a little on the golf course (they were really bad, especially for me to say something because usually I don't mind too much if someone is having a little fun)...  Well I wasn't playing well and I swear they yelled in the middle of my backswing on purpose.  Without thinking I stopped my swing at the top, dropped the club, picked the ball off the tee and crow hopped and fired the ball at the guys and yelled "FOUR!".  It one hopped and it the cart (they were on a hole beside us)....  I felt like a real azz, but it also felt good.  I was about 16 at the time.  

I also had a friend when I was 16 that turn the sprinkler on me right as I was teeing off.  I was pissed at first but it was funny as could be (afterwards) - It was about 100* that day so the water didn't really hurt.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Regularly forget to put the flagstick in the hole, walk off the course and realize it isn't a club , followed by the walk of shame back to the hole

Regularly forget to put the flagstick in the hole, walk off the course and realize it isn't a club , followed by the walk of shame back to the hole

I've done the same and can do one better..   I also take wrong cart, drive off, come back, .... 

C'mon you weiners, @rkim291968 and @Lihu...fess up...

You want this in alphabetical, by category, or chronological order?

Edited by rkim291968

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I've done the same and can do one better..   I also take wrong cart, drive off, come back, .... 

You want this in alphabetical, by category, or chronological order?

Oh I have taken the wrong cart a couple of times. I forgot about that one, my face got hot when I thought about that time. Nothing like driving off with someone else's cheapo clubs leaving your pricey ones behind...

Just give us your best,,,

The worst thing happened when I was being employed at a golf course with a lake. 

To set the scene, earlier that day I had competed in day 2 of the city championship. I played more poorly than I wanted to and I needed to get some practice in, so I went to the course of my employment to get another round in before dark. All was going well until I got to the 16th hole, a driveable par 4 over a lake that starts right at the teebox. I bent over and fished out a couple balls from the lake to hit towards the green, just because if I miss I'd rather it not be my ball. I line up to the ball with 3-wood in hand, aiming over the lake at the green, and my hand still damp from pulling balls out of the lake.

Here's where it gets weird:

I swing and the 3-wood flies about 40 yards into the lake and lands with a big splash. I need this club because I have the final day of the city championship the next day and I can't afford to buy a new 3-wood right then. After a short period of internal debate, I strip down to my undies and dive in to go get it. I grab the club (which thankfully floated thanks to the rubber grip), and make my way back to shore where I begin to dry off with my golf towel. As I get to my waist (obscuring the fact I was still wearing underwear) I see two of my coworkers driving up the 15th fairway, laughing their @$$es off. They didn't see anything prior to this, only me drying off, and thought that I had gone skinny dipping in the lake! It took quite a bit of explanation and a dripping wet club before they finally believed what really happened.

I finished up my round (I still needed practice) and went to the clubhouse to use the restroom before going home for the night, but was greeted by the person behind the counter with a big grin on his face. The people who I had run into earlier had gone to tell him all about it, and he was waiting with a good ribbing before I went home. He was nice enough to give me a free sleeve of balls, "So you don't have to fish them out of the lake next time" though, so it all ended well.

• Upvote 4

HA...  Okay, myrtle beach trip....   Back at the hotel I walked in the room and two of the guys were yelling with each other - next thing I knew I saw one of them fall back and the other one had pushed him...  Well I tackled the guy that did the pushing and told him to chill out that we weren't going to have that kind of stuff...   Come to find out that what I couldn't see is that the first guy went to step back and tripped over the cooler behind him and the "pusher" was trying to grab him from falling, he wasn't pushing him at all...  Opps :doh:

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I've told this story many times but never here.  I was golfing with a friend on a course we play quite regularly.  I happened to hit my ball way right of the green and I knew it was between the cart path and the woods, which is roughly a 30 yard gap.  i left the cart path and ventured through the rough to find the ball and I was looking down in the grass trying to spot the ball.  Well, apparently there used to be some bunkers or something over there that I didn't know about and they were more just holes in the ground at this point.  So, i'm looking and not watching where I was going and I drove right into one of the holes.  My buddy and I flew out the front of the cart and there were golf clubs and equipment all over the place.  I turned around to look at the cart and the impact broke the front axle or something because the front tires were pretty close to the back tires.  I had to make the call of shame to the clubhouse and tell them what happened and they sent somebody out.  I was completely embarrassed and afraid I was going to have to buy a new golf cart.  When the guy came out, he told me I was the 4th or 5th person to do the same exact thing in a month.  Anyway, next spring we went back and when we got to that hole, the old bunkers were filled in and the ground was flat all the way around.  

• Upvote 1

About a month ago, I mishit a pitch and relaxed my arms at the top of the swing in frustration. The wedge head then descended and hit me in the head. Ouch.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Back in about 2003 or 2004, I was playing in a tournament with a club I used to belong to.  This club would travel from course to course, and would play multiple different types of formats each round, including a handicapped match play format.  

The guy I was facing was one of the better golfers in the club (around a 2 handicap), while I was on the other end of the spectrum (about a 20 handicap).  We were about 5 holes into our match and, because of the strokes I was getting, I was 2 up on him already.  He absolutely blasted a drive down the middle, and when it was my turn... I wanted to 'make a statement'.  

I swung the club about as hard as I possibly could... and whiffed.  I swung so hard, though, that I actually spun down to a knee.  Other than when I first started playing... I can't remember ever completely whiffing on a ball, and to do it in a tournament, facing a really good golfer... it was pretty demoralizing.  I then managed to make contact, but it didn't clear the hazard just in front of the tee.  I ended up making an 11 on that par 4.

:-\

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

(edited)

Back in about 2003 or 2004, I was playing in a tournament with a club I used to belong to.  This club would travel from course to course, and would play multiple different types of formats each round, including a handicapped match play format.  

The guy I was facing was one of the better golfers in the club (around a 2 handicap), while I was on the other end of the spectrum (about a 20 handicap).  We were about 5 holes into our match and, because of the strokes I was getting, I was 2 up on him already.  He absolutely blasted a drive down the middle, and when it was my turn... I wanted to 'make a statement'.  

I swung the club about as hard as I possibly could... and whiffed.  I swung so hard, though, that I actually spun down to a knee.  Other than when I first started playing... I can't remember ever completely whiffing on a ball, and to do it in a tournament, facing a really good golfer... it was pretty demoralizing.  I then managed to make contact, but it didn't clear the hazard just in front of the tee.  I ended up making an 11 on that par 4.

CY

ouch...

I've told this story many times but never here.  I was golfing with a friend on a course we play quite regularly.  I happened to hit my ball way right of the green and I knew it was between the cart path and the woods, which is roughly a 30 yard gap.  i left the cart path and ventured through the rough to find the ball and I was looking down in the grass trying to spot the ball.  Well, apparently there used to be some bunkers or something over there that I didn't know about and they were more just holes in the ground at this point.  So, i'm looking and not watching where I was going and I drove right into one of the holes.  My buddy and I flew out the front of the cart and there were golf clubs and equipment all over the place.  I turned around to look at the cart and the impact broke the front axle or something because the front tires were pretty close to the back tires.  I had to make the call of shame to the clubhouse and tell them what happened and they sent somebody out.  I was completely embarrassed and afraid I was going to have to buy a new golf cart.  When the guy came out, he told me I was the 4th or 5th person to do the same exact thing in a month.  Anyway, next spring we went back and when we got to that hole, the old bunkers were filled in and the ground was flat all the way around.  

I have frequently been looking for a ball and almost driving into bunkers on new courses... I always wondered who has done this.

Edited by Valleygolfer
multi quote

CY

I think we have a winner!  :dance:

I love whiffing, best part of my long game.

About 20 years ago, I helicoptered a 5 wood and almost hit a golf partner that I did not know was in front of me. 

Yes, shameful. Most of my incidents years ago occurred during a divorce, recent divorce, or unrealistic expectations.

I tamped down the expectations and I don't marry anyone.

Life is Good, Golf is Hard.  A bad shot? It is what it is and nothing more. Doesn't matter in the grand scheme.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!