IGNORED

Embarrassing moments...come clean here...

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

This is the reason I started this thread... Barely anyone was on the course. I had pushed a drive right and laid up to 100 yards with a perfect 6 iron. I proceed to hit two chunk shots in a row with my 55 degree vokey.... I am fuming...(I seem to get more frustrated when I am playing alone) and I just want to toss my club. I go to whip my club into the stratosphere and change my mind on the direction because of trees and I don't want to lose or break my club. I hold on to it a bit longer to go where I thought was safe but I was swinging a little harder than I thought and chucked into the pond. I realized that the only thing I could do was take my shoes off, roll up my pants and wade out and get my club. I was and felt like a complete ass.

Hey at least you went and got it. Someone left a 54 vokey in middle of water hazard on 12.  Found it when out for an evening walk with wife. Maybe better i never did because now i have a full bag of clubs with stories attached. ?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

This is the reason I started this thread... Barely anyone was on the course. I had pushed a drive right and laid up to 100 yards with a perfect 6 iron. I proceed to hit two chunk shots in a row with my 55 degree vokey.... I am fuming...(I seem to get more frustrated when I am playing alone) and I just want to toss my club. I go to whip my club into the stratosphere and change my mind on the direction because of trees and I don't want to lose or break my club. I hold on to it a bit longer to go where I thought was safe but I was swinging a little harder than I thought and chucked into the pond. I realized that the only thing I could do was take my shoes off, roll up my pants and wade out and get my club. I was and felt like a complete ass.

Nice!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So this was a good 10 years ago when I was a fairly new golfer had been playing a year or so and only occasionally broke 100. I get invited to a good friend's pre-bachelor party golf round. The 3 guys in the group are all Navy seals. Two of them had never played golf and my buddy had been out only a few times. They sort of took my lead as the 'experienced' golfer, and I gladly accepted my role as their golf advisor which included some top-notch swing instruction.

Talk about blind leading the blind...

Well, the whole day was an earth excavation expedition for them. Of course I was the best of the bunch since I made contact every time (regardless of ensuing ball direction). Completely oblivious to their annoyance I gently kept throwing little pearls of swing wisdom here and there towards all three of them. One of them kept getting very understandably frustrated as either he would completely whiff or lay sod. On the back nine at some point after he took a particularly large chunk of earth without touching the ball whatsoever so I instantly reached out with another pearl asking him to 'keep the club shaft leaning forward' through impact, with a slow motion demo to a fine finish. Yupp, keep it leaning, just....like....mine! 

Well, you can predict what happened next as I took MY next shot...Surely enough, I promptly proceed to move some serious earth with an iron myself with the ball dribbling a few feet sideways.... Let's just say I could have passed out of embarrassment.  

Hilarity ensued. This opened the flood gates - all politeness went out the window and he almost threw up laughing including the other two who just came undone too. Tables were turned and all I could do is laugh at myself indignantly with their now incessant and merciless ribbing - "hey V, why don't you lean the shaft forward" for the rest of the round.

To this day whenever we meet at socials, he refers to me as 'the man with a forward leaning shaft' - which our wives at first thought was surely some kind of sexual reference related to the events of the bachelor party.

Vishal S.

While this was at the range, one thing that comes to mind (or face) is using a bit too much force with a steep swing in wet conditions, and getting blistered by the mud. 

Have also hit negative yards before which is probably the most embarrassing. You really have to have thick skin not to quit golf sometimes.

I was playing in a scramble earlier this year.  It was overbooked and playing extremely slow, and I was playing poorly.  On one of the tee boxes, there was a mariachi band playing and tacos were being served.  Needless to say, this was a pretty popular spot to hang out.  The hole was a short, dogleg left.  I pulled 3 wood and proceeded to hit a hosel rocket that flew right over the guys in the band and into the tree canopy above them.  This stopped the music, and everybody stopped and stared at what had just transpired.  I felt like such a dolt :8).  Luckily I was the last of our foursome to tee off.  I couldn't get back in the cart fast enough!

18 minutes ago, the fish said:

I was playing in a scramble earlier this year.  It was overbooked and playing extremely slow, and I was playing poorly.  On one of the tee boxes, there was a mariachi band playing and tacos were being served.  Needless to say, this was a pretty popular spot to hang out.  The hole was a short, dogleg left.  I pulled 3 wood and proceeded to hit a hosel rocket that flew right over the guys in the band and into the tree canopy above them.  This stopped the music, and everybody stopped and stared at what had just transpired.  I felt like such a dolt :8).  Luckily I was the last of our foursome to tee off.  I couldn't get back in the cart fast enough!

Bwahahaha!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

When I was much younger and bullet proof I tipped a golf cart on it's side. I was playing a course that on one hole after the tee shot you descend about 600 feet on cart path made up of switch backs. I was going to fast on one of the hair pin curves and ooops it. 

Now that I am older, nothing embarasses me. Even an occassional topped tee shot in front of folks I dont know. Its golf and there is always some stinker of a shot in all players futures. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

6 minutes ago, Patch said:

When I was much younger and bullet proof I tipped a golf cart on it's side. I was playing a course that on one hole after the tee shot you descend about 600 feet on cart path made up of switch backs. I was going to fast on one of the hair pin curves and ooops it. 

Now that I am older, nothing embarasses me. Even an occassional topped tee shot in front of folks I dont know. Its golf and there is always some stinker of a shot in all players futures. 

I wish that sting of the fat shot would go away. It doesn't matter if it is alone or playing with others, it still burns....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Years ago I was playing in a city golf tournament in Lawton, OK.

For some reason, the round got a logjam on No. 7 and No. 8, two parallel par 4s. Everyone kept ending up in the wrong fairway, with players getting in each other's way.

My group is waiting to tee off. After a 20 minute delay, the group ahead hits approaches and clears out of the landing area. I have honors, and push a drive into the right rough between the two holes. Suddenly, a group comes out of the LEFT treeline, waving their arms. One cart drives back and tell us that they let the group in front of us go through, and they still need to play.

Another twenty minutes pass, and the treeline team finally moves on. One of my group pulls a drive short left, so we stop and help him find his ball.

Between the 20 minute delay and left ball hunt, I've lost my vector for where I hit my drive, I forget where my ball went! I roll through the right rough, but don't know where to look. So I declare a lost ball, go back to the tee, and rehit my drive.

After I putt out, the course marshal arrives and tells me to "speed it up," because I've created a logjam that's ruining the tournament.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!