Note: This thread is 3022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What items would you like to receive this Holiday Season? (you can pick more than one)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What items would you like to receive this Holiday Season? (you can pick more than one)

• GAME Golf LIVE
    • Callaway Apex CF 16 irons
    • PING Glide Wedges
    • Kentwool Socks
    • PURE Grips
    • Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder
    • Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls
    • Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser Putters
    • Sun Mountain 2Five Golf Bag
    • Bobby Jones Merino Birdseye V-Neck sweater
    • Adidas ClimaHeat Concept Fill Jacket
    • TRUE Motion Golf Shoes
    • Glukos
    • TaylorMade M1 driver

If you're looking for the perfect holiday gifts for yourself or for the special golfers in your life, look no further! TST has done all the work and put together an expansive series of holiday gift guides to help you find exactly what you're looking for. Whether it's big, small, expensive or budget-friendly, we've got something for everyone in every price range. 

Stocking Stuffers (Under $70)

holiday_gift_guide_kentwool.thumb.jpg.94
KENTWOOL Game Day Collection Socks

$19.95 per pair, for more go to KENTWOOL.

KENTWOOL has expanded the color offerings in its popular Men’s Tour Profile socks, with a new Game Day Collection.  The Game Day Collection, a fun way for golfers to support their favorite college and professional teams on and off the course, will include 14 popular team color combinations.  KENTWOOL’s Game Day Collection socks are constructed from a proprietary blend of Super Fine Merino Wool and other natural and high-tech performance fibers.  Each pair is infused with an innovative WINDspun technology to deliver unparalleled comfort, and is designed to reduce friction, abrasion and muscle fatigue.   In fact, KENTWOOL is so confident in the comfort of its socks, the company offers a lifetime “Blister-Free Guarantee” with the purchase of every pair.

holiday_gift_guide_glukos.thumb.jpg.7dd5

GLUKOS:
$2.50-$70, for more go to GLUKOS.

As the holidays approach, it is a given there will be a week or two where the parties are at an all-time high and the nutritional value of the foods will be at an all time low.  Glukos is going to be your saving-grace as the best and healthiest way to keep your energy level up without adding sugar beyond the pumpkin pie.  Glucose, also known as the “good” sugar that the body produces and is the main ingredient in GLUKOS, is the ONLY fuel for the human body and provides it with an ideal energy source allowing for peak performance. GLUKOS comes in six different delivery mechanisms, including powder, ready–to–drink, gummies, tablets, bars and gels.

Products Available: Gummies, Tablets, Powder, Ready to Drink and Gel (Orange, Fruit Punch and Lemon) along with bars (Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Apple Cinnamon and Lemon).

holiday_gift_guide_chrome.thumb.jpg.9c10

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls
$37.99, for more go to Callaway Chrome Soft.

Callaway is out to bust myths about golf balls either being long but too firm or soft but too short with the creation of the Chrome Soft ball.

It has a three-piece construction with a compression of around 65, lower than the majority of balls used out on tour, and it features a new ‘SoftFast’ core, which retains energy as the ball compresses and deforms on the face at impact, but also returns to its original shape quicker. Callaway says this results in lower spin and more distance.

Great gifts and Budget Friendly ($75 to $300)

holiday_gift_guide_game.thumb.jpg.4e55bf
GAME Golf LIVE
$299.99 (previous owners of the Game Golf Classic can upgrade for $149 if they get it before November 11th). For more go to GAME Golf.

The new tracker dubbed GAME Golf LIVE gets its name from the new smartphone paired app, which enables you to get more information when out on the course.

GAME Golf consists of a wearable receiver that clips to your waistband and a bunch of sensors that plug into the top of your clubs. You tap the top of the club on your belt before you play a shot, and when you get back you'll see a map of your shots, as well as stats on average distances with each club, success rates, putting data and a whole lot more.

GAME Golf LIVE adds real time insights by connecting to a smartphone app. You can use it for yardages to the pin, a major omission from the last model and a real bone of contention for those who need to fork out for a GPS watch and the GAME Golf system.

holiday_gift_guide_glide.thumb.jpg.fbdda

PING Glide Wedges
$129.99 per club, for more go to PING.

The clubhead is made from 431 steel that PING says helps promote a soft feel, while the chrome plating improves contact consistency in wet conditions. Glide wedges also feature a 120-gram wedge-specific CFS (Control, Feel and Stability) shaft that PING says helps lower the launch and create the optimum ball flight.

The Gorge Grooves are matched to the loft to suit the shots you’re most likely to play. The 47°-54° options have less aggressive grooves that deliver consistent spin and control on full shots, while the 56°-60° options have more aggressive grooves to boost spin on shorter shots.

PING says the Glide wedges are their most versatile and consistent wedge line to date thanks to the Dyla-wedge grip (longer for gripping down for trajectory control), CFS Wedge shaft, four sole options (TS, SS, WS and ES) with added bounce and loft-optimized Gorge grooves.

Screen_Shot_2015-10-30_at_11.10.47_AM.th

Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser Putters

$249.99, For more go to Odyssey Tank Cruiser Putters.

Comprised of four proven models including #7, V-Line, #1 Wide, and 2-Ball Fang, the Works Tank Cruiser line combines Odyssey's Fusion RX insert and Versa high contrast alignment technology with an adjustable counterbalance weighting system (5g, 15g, and 30g options).

The Fusion RX face insert in each Works Tank Cruiser model combines the soft feel of the White Hot insert with a thin stainless steel mesh and mill pattern of the Metal-X insert. Odyssey says this produces less skid and a faster roll off the clubface. 

holiday_gift_guide_sun_mountain.thumb.jp

Sun Mountain 2Five Golf Bag
$219.99, for more go to Sun Mountain.

For those who love to walk and want the latest and greatest. Sun Mountain says it has created the lightest golf bag on the market,as its name suggests, it tips the scales at only 2.5 pounds.

The company employed fabrics used in durable and lightweight tents in the 2Five, which also sports a full-length clothing pocket, a velour valuables pocket and more compartments for your balls, tees and drink of choice.

holiday_gift_guide_pure.thumb.jpg.ce43a8

PURE Grips Customization 
$139.99 for 13, for more go to PURE Customizer.

PURE continues to add great products to their line. They know everyone is unique, from their golf swings to their personalities and now with PURE grips you can show it. Choose your favorite color, add a written message or add a graphic. With PURE grips Customizer you can play with grips that are extremely durable, feel great and express your personality. 

holiday_gift_guide_bobby_jones.thumb.jpg

Bobby Jones Merino Birdseye 1/4 Zip/V-Neck Sweater 
 $225/$195, For more go to Bobby Jones.

When it comes to golf sweaters, few offer the quality and comfort of Bobby Jones.  In fact, the texture and incredible feel of their Birdseye Merino 1/4 Zip may make it their best yet. Birdseye stitching elevates the visual and drape appeal of luxuriously warm merino wool without restrictive weight, making this the perfect sweater for cool weather golf. Note the marbled zipper pull and the knit stripes inside the convertible collar. 100% extra fine merino wool.  Available in Berry, Black, Celery and Eggplant.  Sizing (S-XXL).  

Screen_Shot_2015-10-30_at_11.09.44_AM.th

Adidas ClimaHeat Concept Fill Jacket
$150, for more go to Adidas Golf

With rain, blustery winds and chilly temperatures at The Open Championship, Adidas Golf created a buzz at St. Andrews with a range of cutting-edge jackets, including the new quilted Climaheat Concept Fill Jacket worn by Jason Day.

Adidas Climaheat Concept Fill Jackets are available in three colour schemes with bonded quilting on both sides, silicone tape, the triple stripes on the right arm, two front zip pockets, elastic bonding on the cuffs and hem and the Adidas brandmark on the front left shoulder. Material is 93% polyester, 7% elastane. Great way to stay warm and dry on the course.

holiday_gift_guide_true.thumb.jpg.e50c69

TRUE Motion Golf Shoes
$69.99, for more go to TRUE Golf.

The Motion is built with a zero drop sole eliminating the forced heel found in most golf shoes, a wide toe box that allows for a better fit for the natural shape of the foot, lightweight materials that let the foot function freely and naturally, a thin sole offering closer proximity to the ground, and increased flexibility from a one-piece rubber outsole that allows the foot to closely mimic barefoot movement.

Motion is the shoe that's worn to the office so you can hit a bucket of balls during lunch or play a quick nine after work....and you don't have to change shoes. They're incredibly flexible and comfortable and they hold up in all types of the elements.

Big Ticket Items

holiday_gift_guide_taylormade_m1.thumb.jholiday_gift_guide_taylormade_m1_2.thumb

TaylorMade M1 Driver
$499, for more go to TaylorMade M1

The TaylorMade M1 Driver features a multi-material crown. By using Carbon Fiber on the driver crown, TaylorMade says they were able to save weight and implement an innovative “T-Track” adjustment system on the bottom. TaylorMade says the two sliding weights allow golfers to easily adjust the driver to fit their swing. Golfers can move the horizontal weight left or right to create a fade or draw, or leave it neutral for a straight shot. A player can also move the back weight forward for a lower ball flight or back to get the ball higher in the air. The diagram above explains the adjustability and ball flight options. 

Screen_Shot_2015-10-30_at_11.07.22_AM.th

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons
$1199.99 (set of 8), for more go to Callaway Apex CF 16.

The original Callaway Apex irons were targeted at mid- and lower-handicap golfers who wanted forged feel with a boost in distance. The new Apex CF 16 irons try to give those same players more distance and feel with a different design and materials.

In an effort to increase ball speeds, engineers created a face cup with Big Bertha and XR that was welded to the body of the iron and wrapped around the perimeter of the head to give it a 360-degree annulus, increasing the flexibility of the club face for faster ball speeds, even on off-center hits.

Thin faces can create sounds at impact that many golfers don’t like, so Callaway tuned the Apex CF 16 irons with a thermal plastic urethane piece affixed to the back of the head to dampen vibrations. Callaway says the final result of these new design elements and materials is a club that has forged feel and provides more distance, especially on mis-hits.

holiday_gift_guide_bushnell.thumb.jpg.2e

Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder
$499.99, for more go to Bushnell.

Replacing the Tour V3 model, the Bushnell Tour X features Exchange Technology, which uses two interchangeable faceplates slotted on the end of the device. One of these faceplates is black, which is the non-slope version permitted for use in competitions. The other faceplate is red and features a plug-in that activates the technology inside the device to offer slope-adjusted distances based on elevation changes.

The new Bushnell Tour X also features a Dual Display that allows users to easily switch between the bright red Vivid Display for dim conditions or the crisp black display. It has a range of up to 1,300 yards and also boasts PinSeeker with the vibrating Jolt function up to 450 yards when it locks onto the flag.

The TOUR X is also equipped with second-generation E.S.P. (Extreme Speed Precision) technology, which provides yardages five times faster and more accurately than ever before. Distances from under 125 yards and in are displayed to the nearest tenth of a yard.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't vote because mine would be none of those

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Pure Grips and the Ping Wedges

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

I voted. Great list.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Dear Santa,

I've been a good boy this year and these are the things I'd like for Christmas:

PING Glide wedges 50°, 54°, 58° - I need a new GW and SW. Might as well round out the set with a LW. 

Adidas ClimaHeat Concept Fill Jacket - Can't play golf in NJ in the winter months without a good jacket.

Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder - The last time you got me a Rangefinder was 6 years ago and I think it's time to upgrade.

TRUE Motion Golf Shoes - because who can't use a new pair of kicks?

Come on Santa, you know my wife bakes awesome cookies!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Game Golf

Sun Mountain Bag

Pure Grips and, 

TM shoes,

But LSW is probably more realistic and Santa has already been sent the link so fingers crossed I won't have to buy it in January.:-)

I voted in no particular order, 

Kentwool Socks
Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder
Adidas ClimaHeat Concept Fill Jacket

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

BTW - I don't see on the GG site where you can get the $150 deal to upgrade...

Did you get an email from them?

Mike McLoughlin

On 11/1/2015, 12:43:13, onthehunt526 said:

I can't vote because mine would be none of those

I changed my mind, I've been watching a lot of Mark Crossfield course vlogs. Game Golf live I think would be good for my game...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Not unless it slipped through my junk mail folder unnoticed. I didn't buy direct from them though.

You don't have to have done so.

You missed the email. It was sent last Tuesday IIRC. Every one comes with a custom coupon code.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Anyone starting to do any shopping?

Mike McLoughlin

6 hours ago, mvmac said:

Checking Amazon every day just in case, but really I'm just counting down the days before Callaway Preowned's Black Friday week sale.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

I order GG Live for $150.

Haven't received an email saying it's shipped yet, though. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator
3 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I order GG Live for $150.

Haven't received an email saying it's shipped yet, though. 

They're supposed to start shipping on the 16th, I think.

Note: This thread is 3022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!