IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (November 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another month and more opportunities to keep working on your game. The rules are the same as the last several months:

• Post every day during the month above. No back-dating or pre-dating posts or practice sessions.
  • Detail what you did for at least five minutes of practice (indoors or out, with or without golf balls, etc.). Some of you have been slacking on this - give details.

Enjoy and practice hard!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11/1/15:

Working on putting in my living room and have been for about 20 minutes... Trying to get the tension out of my set-up and working on a pre-shot routine in my putting.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Hit balls off of my mat in the garage. Focusing on my transition. Im also still working on my position at the top of the backswing with the aid of a mirror.

Still working on timing sequence. Got one or two good shots that went straight with decent timing. Probably as good as I can get with 7i. Felt really good, with a nice powerful high shot. The rest of the shots were about like my old flights and some were even fat, probably lost 30 yards.

Playing the course today after my Sunday commitments, and only hit 1 large bucket. Letting my body rest.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Spent a hour on a launch monitor working on the driver.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

More hip turn sequence drills. I think my sing is coming down a little too flat. I pushed a lot of shots on the course yesterday. Lifting head too early as well.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Swung out of my shoes yesterday at the course lots of OTT slices or big grounded pulls .  Today working braining in the difference between smooth and quick and hard and hurtfull

Edited by sirhacksalot

3 hours ago, Lihu said:

More hip turn sequence drills. I think my sing is coming down a little too flat. I pushed a lot of shots on the course yesterday. Lifting head too early as well.

Hit some balls at the upper range today, there were brand new ones. So, they went pretty much the same distances I expect a normal playing ball to go in the 60F temperatures. They felt good off the face of every club too.

The golfer next to me had a flight scope. Cool.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Mirror work at the gym. May go to the range after work if it's not too dark. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Couldn't get my ball key fixed, so I'm planning on using it only in the lower range and play at the upper range location. Played a practice round today. Jury duty as well.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

10 minutes mirror work this morning. Play 18 in the afternoon.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Long time lurker.  Going to try to keep up with posting daily practice this month.  Since I'm a few days late to the party, I'll catch up what I did Sunday and yesterday.

11/1:  practiced chipping/pitching from various lies in the morning, about 20 minutes.  My short game is frustratingly inconsistent, so my goal was really just proximity to the hole.  Played 18 in the afternoon.

11/2: practiced putting from 6-8 feet, about 10 minutes.  It is dark after work now that DST is over, so I'm putting in my living room.  I use a line on my ball when putting, so I am focusing on getting a true roll on the ball with each putt.

In other news, I ordered my copy of LSW today, which I'm very much looking forward to reading.

Hit balls at the range today. Switched it up a bit and worked on my posture and alignment. Ive found that Ive been standing too far from the ball and my alignment has been horrible. Back to the basics!

Tonight I practiced hitting into the impact bag with a 7 iron for about 5 minutes. Really trying to exaggerate the feeling of having the handle forward at impact. 

Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!