IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (November 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on getting hips to slide forward a bit before the arms start down.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Lihu said:

Couldn't get my ball key fixed, so I'm planning on using it only in the lower range and play at the upper range location. Played a practice round today. Jury duty as well.

Hit 2 and a half large buckets trying to get rid of my driver heel shots. I am turning my hips first and that seems to help, but now I am pulling a lot of shots. Hit a lot of driver. Will probably work some more tonight on hip turn sequencing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Went to the range. Did about 12 sets of 4 balls of hitting positions and then making very slow swings. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Played 36 holes today. It was absolutely beautiful here in Ohio. 74 degrees is unheard of in November. There was 16 of us guys that went to a course about an hour away. We played our own ball for 18 holes and then played a scramble the second 18. I played pretty poorly and shot 87 on the first 18. Penalty strokes killed me on the front and not having any course knowledge due to never playing there didnt help either. Very nice course minus the billions of leaves on the ground. I still have so much work to do this winter and Im ordering LSW tomm! I need course management help and reading about that book on this site has made me want it even more. I feel like I take one step forward and 5 steps back regarding my golf game

Went to the driving range after work.  Practiced using a stronger grip.  It felt very weird, but initial results look promising.  I was using a 6 iron, and my typical ball flight is somewhere in the straight to slight pull-fade territory.  Tonight, after a number of bad shots with the new grip, I started to push the ball and then even a few push-draws.  I've been working to hit a draw, and my previous efforts have been primarily pull-draws, which is why I think I started weakening my grip.  Tonight it was pretty neat to see the ball start right, especially when it came back on line.  Will definitely continue trying the stronger grip.

18 hours ago, Lihu said:

Hit 2 and a half large buckets trying to get rid of my driver heel shots. I am turning my hips first and that seems to help, but now I am pulling a lot of shots. Hit a lot of driver. Will probably work some more tonight on hip turn sequencing.

Hit 2.5 large buckets yesterday morning, then another 2.5+ buckets in the evening in the lower range. I was showing my Cobra modified driver to a friend with a Cobra. We switched shafts for a while. The settings were backwards as he was a righty. I had already hit another bucket, before we started hitting all driver for an entire bucket and a half. Then I loaned him like 10-20 balls, and he returned yet another bucket back. . .I hit mostly driver, but did intersperse other clubs like playing a super fast round(s) as usual when I hit that many balls.

In any case, my muscles are really sore today. :-P

So, I am doing 5S exercises with my PVC pipe club simulator. Probably taking it easy for the rest of the day as well.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hit balls at the range today. Worked on my setup, alignment, and transition. I practiced using really slow swings making sure I was doing everything right with my transition.

I played 9 holes tonight. Tried to focus on making a B grade or better backswing. My short game was D grade tonight. Putting as pretty good, always near the hole, nothing fell though. Irons were really solid. Driving the ball was meh. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

10 hours ago, Lihu said:

Hit 2.5 large buckets yesterday morning, then another 2.5+ buckets in the evening in the lower range. I was showing my Cobra modified driver to a friend with a Cobra. We switched shafts for a while. The settings were backwards as he was a righty. I had already hit another bucket, before we started hitting all driver for an entire bucket and a half. Then I loaned him like 10-20 balls, and he returned yet another bucket back. . .I hit mostly driver, but did intersperse other clubs like playing a super fast round(s) as usual when I hit that many balls.

In any case, my muscles are really sore today. :-P

So, I am doing 5S exercises with my PVC pipe club simulator. Probably taking it easy for the rest of the day as well.

Hit 1.5 large buckets, lots of hip turn in the videos. Out of sequence, though. I tried to put 80% weight on the back foot at the top of the swing, and it seems to help with more transfer. Totally out of sequence, but I can see that there is a lot more potential power doing this.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Went to the driving range again after work.  Continued working with using a stronger grip.  It still feels awkward, especially at address.  A lot of the balls I hit this evening were straight pushes.  Will continue working on this new grip until it feels natural.

Had a lesson with my instructor this afternoon. We continued to work on my position at the top of the backswing and how my arms work in my transition. Im on the right path and am starting to see some results.

Hip rotation drills. Working on the timing and wrist loading.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hit another bucket of balls after work.  The stronger grip is starting to feel a little bit more normal.  Also practiced putting from about 6 feet for about 5 minutes.

Trying to incorporate key 2 explicitly into my swing. Weight shift drills with the hip turn drills. I am trying to put 80% weight on the back foot at the top of the swing without moving my spine or head. Then rotating out of that position. Using the "PVC Pipe club". Preparing for the range work later this morning.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!