IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (November 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played in an 18 hole scramble today at the club. My team finished 3rd. I hit the ball pretty well other than a couple spinny iron shots. My misses with my irons have been a balloning type flight that goes nowhere. I know its because Im flipping at impact. 

Did some mirror work when I got home this afternoon concentrating on my position at the top and my transition. P4 to P5 is what Im really focusing on right now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Played 18 holes this morning at the club and shot 77. Didnt particularly hit the ball great but putted well. Did some mirror work at home working on my shoulder turn in the backswing and my position from A4 to A5

Played in 42F dark morning conditions, 21 over on the front 9 and 1 over on the back. No jacket only a thin polo shirt , level 1 hypothermia started to set into level 2. Couldn't feel my fingers the front 9. Sun came out and shot okay. Played another 9 holes in the afternoon and hit nice and long high drives into the right side fairway. Dead pulls even had the nerve to go OVER the trees.

My practice was that I had to spend a lot of time figuring out how to get back onto my own fairways. :-P 

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hip turn drills to get rid of my "new" OTT. Range work to push. Need to converge my range game to the course.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

5 minutes mirror work at the gym before my workout. Focused on centered hip turn and flattening shaft at A5.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hit a bucket of balls after work.  The stronger grip feels normal now, so I focused on getting my hips forward during the backswing (as per the wall drill Erik posted).  It felt weird, and I'm not sure if I am overdoing it, under-doing it, or otherwise.  I hit a number of fat shots, and then started to produce some decent 6 iron shots.  I had a little daylight left after my bucket, so I played three holes real quick.

Range work on my driver. Getting sloppy again. Need to focus on flat lead wrist and hip turn first drills. Hit one 7i shot that I could be happy with, but it was my last shot of the day. The rest of the session was so bad there's no way I'll con myself into thinking I hit great. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Did a whole bunch of wrist flat drills from the first few lessons I had with Mike and Dana. Working to get more lag with a driver lengths club (PVC pipe club for indoor work).

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

4 hours ago, Lihu said:

Did a whole bunch of wrist flat drills from the first few lessons I had with Mike and Dana. Working to get more lag with a driver lengths club (PVC pipe club for indoor work).

Worked much better at the range. Hit a ton of half swing shots.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hit a bucket after work.  Continued working on secondary axis tilt.  I felt like I was hitting the ball well this evening.

I've noticed that I tend to finish my swing pretty low, which I am not a fan of.  It seems that keeping my hips forward on the backswing, and moving further forward on the downsing allows me to finish with my hands much higher.  I was getting much more height out of my 6 iron and driver tonight, which appeared to be beneficial to distance.

Well I missed a few days but I will still post, I practiced the takeaway, focusing on not getting the clubface so closed at shaft parallel to the ground outside with a club for 40 minutes.

Did more flat wrist drills, and the swing feels a lot more powerful again. Played a round last night with better results than last week, but my drives were still in the heel. I was planning on a practice round, but then decided to count it anyway.

I need to work on the hip turn sequencing better. Also, keep my spin angle. My back swing is shorter and slower, but I still pull the ball with the woods and hybrid.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!