IGNORED

Stevie Takes Shots at Tiger in Book

iacas
Note: This thread is 3077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/williams-rips-woods-excerpt-new-book/

Williams, who denies any knowledge of Woods' extramarital affairs at the time, says he "repeatedly asked for Tiger's management to release a statement that would clear me of any involvement in this lurid news," but that they would not do so, as publicly exonerating one member of Tiger's inner circle might make others looks culpable.

"How could I spend so much time with him and not have an inkling this was going on?" Williams writes. "The answer, in a roundabout way, is that Elin didn't know either. Only a handful of his oldest buddies actually had any idea this was going on. I didn't know because Tiger didn't dare tell me."

Uhm…? 

"I told him it was something that could have been avoided and how bitterly disappointed I was at his people for their total lack of communication and unwillingness to put out a statement saying I had nothing to do with it. I was adamant that some of his behaviour on the course had to change. ...

"One thing that really pissed me off was how he would flippantly toss a club in the general direction of the bag, expecting me to go over and pick it up. I felt uneasy about bending down to pick up his discarded club – it was like I was his slave. The other thing that disgusted me was his habit of spitting at the hole if he missed a putt. Tiger listened to what I had to say, the air was cleared and we got on with it – his goal was to be the best player in history and my goal was to keep working as best I could to help make that happen."

The first bit of the second paragraph I quoted is pretty damn funny, if you ask me…

It harkens back to his comments about how good a front-runner "he" (or "we") was after Adam Scott won a WGC.

Good ol' Stevie… never one to under-state his importance.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stevie never quite understood that he was the employee in the relationship.  I'm honestly surprised that Tiger put up with his crap as long as he did.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Stevie never quite understood that he was the employee in the relationship.  I'm honestly surprised that Tiger put up with his crap as long as he did.

Maybe Stevie has already burned through all the money Tiger made him, so he is going back to Tiger to raise more by writing a book.  

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Woods isn't the only one to flippantly throw clubs at the bag and expect them to be picked up, no? I'd swear I've seen a lot of pros do this, mostly out of frustration though.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Woods isn't the only one to flippantly throw clubs at the bag and expect them to be picked up, no? I'd swear I've seen a lot of pros do this, mostly out of frustration though.

He isn't.

Additionally, what's he supposed to do when the bag is lying on the ground and Stevie is running ahead to fetch the divot Tiger just made, and Tiger wants to start walking toward the green?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

He isn't.

Additionally, what's he supposed to do when the bag is lying on the ground and Stevie is running ahead to fetch the divot Tiger just made, and Tiger wants to start walking toward the green?

Well, he could always hold on to it until he hands it to his caddie?  I'm sure there is always an option other than to throw the club near the bag?  If a lot of pros do this and it is a common practice then I agree Stevie has nothing to complain a about though.

The spitting at the cup is kind of disgusting  though..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator
Just now, Abu3baid said:

Well, he could always hold on to it until he hands it to his caddie?  I'm sure there is always an option other than to throw the club near the bag?  If a lot of pros do this and it is a common practice then I agree Stevie has nothing to complain a oboist though.

Everyone I've seen does it. The caddie leaves the bag and goes to fetch the divot. The player tosses the club to the bag and walks off toward the green. Sometimes they take their putter out before walking off. Sometimes the caddie has the bag standing.

Just now, Abu3baid said:

The spitting at the cup is kind of disgusting  though..

I don't really care about spit. That said, spitting near or in the cup is one of the places you don't spit.

That said, too, I don't think Tiger's done it all that much. There's a thread for the one time many will recall him doing it… and it was several feet away from the cup and he wiped it up or away later, IIRC.

Relevant threads:

52 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Better than throwing the club away from bag, right? ;-)

I think with this Stevie is trying to make a big deal out of a very little thing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

2 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Better than throwing the club away from bag, right? ;-)

I think with this Stevie is trying to make a big deal out of a very little thing.

Pretty much. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

32 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Either that or it is just one of a few lines quoted from the book to gain publicity for a review or whatever. Methinks some Sandtrappers are making it into a big deal.

What is wrong with Williams writing a book to explain his perspective on things?

He's not denying that he's bitter. It seems that he was pretty well dissed by Woods and you can't assume that he did know about Woods' private life. Why the confusion? They'd meet at the practice tee, play and then go their separate ways. And Woods had a lot to lose by "sharing". Why the cynicism? Because Williams is a bit of a cocky jerk and did everything to support his player? People tell lies about him to - like saying he was taking the limelight when Scott won at Augusta, when the video shows the complete opposite. Haters gonna hate...:-\

He was in the thick of it for a long time.

It was possibly one of the most interesting and successful partnerships in recent sporting history, so why not write a book? Or do some interviews and get a ghost writer to make it interesting?

Why should he not share his views? It's obviously going to be an interesting read.

I am not a great fan of Williams, but It is interesting how some people here think that an "employee" can be treated disrespectfully by their employer simply because he is paying the wages.

I am pretty sure I could cope with some disrespect if I was getting a decent  percentage of $10 million a year over a decade, but that has nothing to do with it.

There's a big difference between resting a club on the bag and throwing it away and leaving the caddy to pick it up like a dog.

We saw how graceless Woods was when his club was retrieved by spectators. There are ways of doing these things.

As for spitting, I saw Justin Thomas doing it in a way yesterday that makes Woods look like a saint.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I am not a great fan of Williams, but It is interesting how some people here think that an "employee" can be treated disrespectfully by their employer simply because he is paying the wages.

Where was this said?

Sorry, @Shorty, but no: tossing a club to a bag is not disrespectful. Not coming out and saying "Stevie knew nothing about this" when all that shit was going on was not disrespectful.

And Stevie made out early on that he and Tiger were great friends, good buddies, blah blah blah. Awfully convenient now (and since he was getting married awhile back) that he knew nothing about it, and that the Uchitel-Australia thing was the first inkling of anything going on…

Where there's smoke there's often fire, and I don't trust either one of their accounts of the time they spent together.

Stevie is following Haney and Chamblee trying to cash in on his Tiger relationship while Tiger is still somewhat relevant.  As for the quotes, Stevie was a caddie, I'm pretty confident picking up clubs the golfer was done with was likely in his job description.  I'd also remind Stevie slaves didn't get a cut of their owners earning.

Like @iacas I believe Stevie was close enough to Tiger to know something was going on.  He might not have been privy to all the details to I don't believe he was blindsided when the truth came out.  I think he's doing a CYA because he swore to some people he didn't know anything or maybe he was involved (pure speculation).

Stevie has to let this stuff go, any fame he has today is due to Tiger, anyone who buys his book will do so because of his relationship with Tiger.  He should call Tiger and thank him for the opportunity.

Joe Paradiso

Stevie is out of touch with reality as always. The dude might as well be a four time lotto winner- getting to caddie for Tiger in his prime-  but instead of being appreciative for everything  he's been given, he just makes these same petty, clueless and self absorbed comments.

• Upvote 1

The people that know tiger best (Stevie, Hank, Elin) don't speak too highly of the man.

I've never met tiger, but it's clear to me he has ZERO integrity. Any man that cheats on his wife is a piece of crap.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kenny Lee said:

The people that know tiger best (Stevie, Hank, Elin) don't speak too highly of the man.

I wouldn't say that Williams and Haney knew him best, he wasn't "buddies" with either of them, not like his relationships with Notah or Stricker.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Stevie ... the millionaire slave who intimidated golfers in the name of protecting Tiger. He protected him on the course ... and went overboard at times. Do we think he should have protected his boss by knowing what he did after hours? 

I do not know the facts, but it's hard to believe when you are with one guy for half the year, that he says nothing about extracurricular activities, or "eyes" women on the course or at a restaurant. Did Stevie turn a blind eye?

Only Stevie knows for sure... and apparently it is see no evil, hear no evil... unless evil is picking up clubs on the ground.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!