IGNORED

Changes in your bag that you are most excited about

dsal89
Note: This thread is 2940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A few weeks ago I met with a titleist fitter and initially was only interest in irons (really wanted the new ap2 irons) and he asked if I wanted to give the d2 a couple swings. I did, and it was a huge difference over my current driver which is a fly z plus. I love the current driver I play, at least I thought I did. Everything about the club I loved. The backswing, feel, sound, feel at impact. 

Currently wating for for it to arrive and I couldn't be more excited to play a few rounds with it before the weather starts to creep down in the 30s. 

So so what about you, what changes to your bag made you most excited and why ? Whether it was a new set of wedges, putter, etc. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me, the biggest change was the buying of Vokeys instead of the standard Sand and Pitching wedge from my old eBay set. The old set had graphite shaft, the Vokeys steel. What a tremendous difference in control. I know that large parts also lie in the confidence you have in the club, but it just feels much more controlled. Second is my putter, added an Odyssey Versa 7, feels great. Also changed the irons and driver, also better than the eBay clubs, but much less excited about those. For me the fact that my playing partners start calling me 'a great short-game player' also indicates this.

So, to make a long story short, I am the most excited about my wedges because of the extra control and the filling of the gaps.

I went from 25 year old woods and driver to the Callaway X2 Hot Driver (10.5), 3 wood and 5 wood and they have made a huge difference for me!  My shots are farther and much straighter!

Hmm.  Getting a bag and filling it with clubs, actually got them all at the same time.  Getting clubs was the most exciting thing for my bag.  I added a Golden Bear 60 degree LW and can throw a mean flop shot with it now but I think the Adams Super S 19 degree 3H was my favorite addition since I picked it up to fill a gap between 5W and 5H.  I hit it better than my 5W though now and have problems with the 5W.  Actually has me thinking of getting a 2H and just shelving the 5W altogether 

Off hand it was when I changed out all the old snacks for fresher ones. Found some pretty old stuff in there. 

Golf wise I am having fun with a 4 iron that replaced my LW. Just something about that particular club that is working quite well for me.  I found I was not using my LW that much, and even when I did need it, I could get the same results with my AW. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Tough one since I've replaced almost my whole bag in the past year. If I had to pick one it would my Adams Speedline Super LS 3w. The first time I hit it I could not believe how far and straight the ball went.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

I am planning on getting fit for the Ping i-series irons next spring. I want a tad more forgiveness in my irons. I really liked the clubs when I demo'd them in Phoenix. I am looking to upgrade my driver as well. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm always on the lookout for a good hybrid and I'm excited for the Callaway Apex hybrid. I hit the 20 degree recently and the club worked well for me. My miss with a hybrid is to hit toe-hooky shots and the majority of the shots with the Apex were in the center. I currently have the BB Alpha 815 18 degree, it's good but at times it can almost go as far as my 3 wood. 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 months later...

I had another thread explaining how I have a problem buying putters....but the one I just bought is def a change I am excited for. 

Ordered one of the newer Wilson staff 8802 putters and I rolled it a bit on my carpet today. Love the hell out of it so far, the way it looks, feels, etc. looking forward to playing with it this year. This might be the first season I play where I don't make any changes to my putter 

I'm planning on upgrading my 56* sand wedge to either a Vokey SM5/6 or Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind. I haven't done much research into either of these clubs yet. I'm looking for a club mainly for my short game, something to use around the greens, in rough, or to play those tricky shots. Basically from about 40 yards in.

Looking forward to testing out the both clubs, and the different Vokey grinds too.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

No changes for 2016.............................

I'll throw some new rocks into the front pocket...that's about it!!!   For now................my bag is dialed-IN!    I have no plans to change anything.

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Just got my set of SM5 Vokey Wedges.  Took em to the pitching greens and was totally blown away.  @ $109 per club, it was a good deal.

:tmade: SLDR 10.5 Driver, SLDR 3 Wood,3H & 5H,RBZ Iron's 4-PW

:vokey: 54°F-Grind 14°bounce &  58°K-grind 11° bounce
:scotty_cameron: Newport 2.5

I'm actually excited about no changes in the bag for this year.   I tend to over analyze over the winter and that is when I do my purchasing.   This year I decided to keep the bag static and am looking forward to find new ways to use my existing clubs.  

Although I might swap existing clubs I have in and out.  I got a 3-iron to match my set last fall, and feel that there are a lot of good options with it off the tee at my home course so I'm looking forward to some drier weather to take advantage. 

—Adam

I made room for more beer in mine. :beer:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I got a new set this past summer, so my newest addition is a bit different.... I just purchased something new that I have never had before... A golf log book. It just came in today! I am excited about starting to use it on the next round.

This came out of the a recommendation from another member, @The Boss. You see, for the pass year or so, I have never kept score and didn't see the purpose to it, thinking it was more important to pay attention to my swing technique. However, using the log I believe will help me track my progress and appreciate the good rounds.

Dave

Note: This thread is 2940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!