IGNORED

Changes in your bag that you are most excited about

dsal89
Note: This thread is 2940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nothing major, picked up a GEL Diamond putter in the Direct Golf sale and planning on sawpping the grip for a Superstroke, not sure what size yet. Nicest feeling putter i have ever hit.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New Ping G Driver
Maybe Ping i Irons
Maybe Ping G Crossover

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I am happy to have GBB Driver and Fairways in the bag -- forgiving, forgiving, long, adjustable, and I have a few shafts for the driver, 3 wd and 5 wd for proper fit. It's a relief not to dwell on the bag but to focus on the swing.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I just ordered a Callaway Great Big Bertha driver and I've got one of our assistant pros lined up to help me set it up to fit my swing. Hoping for a few more yards off the tee.

Im going into 2016 with new irons, wedges and a hybrid. I decided to go with the 716 AP1s, new Vokey wedges(52 and 56). I also picked up a Callaway X2Hot 19*. Im most excited about the irons. I think Titleist' new line is very good.

I am excited about the addition of a new Cobra Flyz adjustable driver to my bag which replaces my old G2 Ping driver

Excited about a club I want to add to the set which is not there yet.  Currently between my driver and 4 iron, I have no clubs that I can use effectively (got a 3 iron which I can't hit despite hitting my 4 iron perfectly well, a 3 and 5 wood from spalding and a 3 wood from mizuno).  Am thinking of putting only one club into that gap (4 or 5 wood most likely) unless I can hit the range and get my 3 iron to work properly, in which case may have to look at distance gap between the 3 iron and driver to find an appropriate club

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

At the end of last years season I switched from my Nike cart bag back to my Ogio Grom stand bag.
I am looking forward to walking and carrying every round this year.
I like the idea of consolidating and shedding all the things I don't need, yet seem to carry.

I wanted to go find a new driver (mine is 2009), maybe something adjustable with stiff shaft, but I dont think I can afford that this year!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

After a buying spree last season I think I'm all set for clubs.  The only club I still have in my bag that I had last February is my 52 Vokey gap wedge.  But now I have a rip in the ball pocket of my golf bag.  So I guess I need a new bag now.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Volkey said:

After a buying spree last season I think I'm all set for clubs.  The only club I still have in my bag that I had last February is my 52 Vokey gap wedge.  But now I have a rip in the ball pocket of my golf bag.  So I guess I need a new bag now.  

Why not simply buy one of those ball bags that attach to your club bag?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 9wood said:

Why not simply buy one of those ball bags that attach to your club bag?

Yeah, that would work.  Except I use two bags, depending on whether I'm walking or riding.  My walking bag is real light, and I don't keep a bunch of extra stuff in it.  It's my lightweight walking bag that's ripped.  And I don't think I'd want something swinging on the outside of my bag while I'm hoofing it around the course.  :-D

If you have read many of my posts, you know I play a lot of old school golf with wood woods and old blades. I am not snobby about it or anything, and like modern stuff too, but just have a good time with the old lumber. I have scoffed a bit over the years at carrying multiple wedges, normally carrying just the pitching wedge from the set and another wedge that is useful around the greens, adequate from the sand, and ok from 100 in.

Well, in my old club scrounging I came across an older set of Cleveland 588's, a 53, 56 sand, and a 60. Well dang, I have to admit I like the setup. If they keep working out, I may invest in a "real" set of wedges for my modern bag.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Finally replaced the SW I lost last April. No more 1/2 swing PW for me! Narrowed down my gap too (53 instead of 56) so now the progression is 47-53-60 which should be a bit nicer (provided I can recalibrate my distances for that club!)

On 2/9/2016 at 5:32 PM, dbuck said:

Well, in my old club scrounging I came across an older set of Cleveland 588's, a 53, 56 sand, and a 60. Well dang, I have to admit I like the setup. If they keep working out, I may invest in a "real" set of wedges for my modern bag.

I played the Reg 588 wedges for several years. Very nice clubs.

After a long lay off due to injury, I am adding a 50 degree G wedge and a 60 degree L wedge to go with a 56 degree SW and a 45 degree P wedge.  I bought used Cleveland wedges that can all take the hide off a golf ball.  Since irons have been delofted in the name of greater distance, the P wedge has gone from around 50 degrees to 45 degrees in recent years. It is really the old 9 iron.

It will also be helpful to play with a rangefinder.

Edited by ppine

Old model but new Nike irons and hopefully a new Callaway Bertha mini 1.5.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Changed everything in the bag:

1) TaylorMade R15 Driver and 3 Wood

2)  Ping I25 5- Wood

3)  Ping G 30 Irons UW-4 Iron

4) Scotty Cameron 2014 Masters Notchback 2 Putter

5) New Tour Bag

6) Couple of new gloves

7) 2 new pairs of Adidas Golf shoes

8) 3 dozen Titleist Pro V that should be lost by the end of May :-(

Note: This thread is 2940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!