IGNORED

Best 2015 Putting Round

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 3082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some of us keep stats.  I saw a post where someone talked about taking 24 putts in a recent round.  I suppose if one misses every green that is not all that impressive but still very good (12 up & downs).  It got me thinking about my best putting round of 2015.  Of course the year is not done but by now the greens are pretty beat up and shaggy so my record for 2015 is pretty safe.

My best for the year was 27 putts.  A fairly pedestrian front nine (16 putts) was followed by, for me, a brilliant back of 11 putts.  I hit only three of nine greens in regulation on the back.  Had 7 one putts, including a sandy on the last hole.  

Anyone have "one of those days" on the putting green this year?  Tell us a little about it.

Edited by bkuehn1952
Correction

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tend to be streaky with the putter, with days I may drain them from everywhere. I've had days where I'd make over two hundred feet of putts in a round. Most days, I'll make four or five over ten foot. The problem is, some will be to save bogeys or others.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

28, only twice ever since I've sept stats, and both were this Sept

it's strange, both of those were actually pretty good rounds.  I was wrong in assuming that my lowest day of putting would involve bad approaches that would have me doing a lot of chipping.  I guess those days were all about getting up and down.

Bill - 

Least total putts round vs best putting round can be different for bogey golfer like me.   If I am not getting near greens with approach shot, I can have numerous chip/pitch shots from short distance which can lead to a sub-30 putt round.   But it could have been still a so-so putting round.  Of about 100 rounds I played this year, I can't say all my sub 30 putt round was my best.  I think I had a few 25 to 27 putt rounds but can't say they were my best putting round.  

Other than total putts, I don't keep any other putting stat.   What I want to track is total putt made in feet stat.  To me, that will tell me better how well I did in putting.   About two weeks ago, I had 32 putt round but it was one of my better putting round as I made 3 medium/long length putts.

In sum, I really can't remember/tell my best putting round of the year.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

1.61 putts per hole, so I guess my best was 29 putts.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/587024

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

3 minutes ago, mvmac said:

1.61 putts per hole, so I guess my best was 29 putts.

Strokes Gained? :-P

I would say one of my best putting rounds came in a scramble, thought I doubt that counts ;). In that scrambled I made a lot of putts over 15 FT. 

I really didn't have many good putting rounds this year where I made a lot of putts of significant distance. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

My best was 25 putts, with 11 1-putts and 7 2-putts. Incidentally, I missed all the greens that day, so some of those were in reality 2 putts from the fringe, but not the majority of them.

Putting is typically my strength: I also had 3 rounds of 26 putts and 10 rounds of 27 putts so far this year (and 28 just yesterday).  One goal of mine this year was to get my best round of putting and beat 27 which was my best up to last year. I changed putters early in the year and am pleased to say that this goal is accomplished.  Now, to get down to 24 next year?

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

This season I had an 8 round stretch with no three putts. Followed by another three rounds. The one in between I had one three putt. Not sure how that streak rates for others, but it was a big positive for me. Unfortunately it was followed with some struggles with speed/distance. I do not remember for certain, but  my best guest is a few of those rounds were in the 24-26 range. 

27 putts. 9 one putts and 9 two putts. Also came at a good time during a tournament I was playing in.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/530139

putts.thumb.JPG.f433979fb5d56978046a9833

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

My best putting round was probably my worst ball striking round. In 2011 I shot an 86 with 23 putts. Chipped in twice. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

27 for me for 18 and 13 for 9 (I shot a 37 that round).

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Played 9 a couple days ago, and had 10 putts. Shot 37. Good putting can make up for a lot. Played the day before, and couldn't have made a putt in a 5 gallon bucket. What a crazy game!

My career low putts in a round is 21............

The funny thing is this round came when my game was far from it's peak.  This happened when I was a relative golf-noob in the 1990s when I was maybe playing to a 8-10HC.   I still have the card.... course par was 72:   I hit 3 greens in regulation and carded a 76.  21 putts.................

Over the years, my game has progressed to a much higher level, but I have yet to duplicate that 21 putt round from nearly 20 years ago.  

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!