IGNORED

Longest Drive of 2015

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Post what your longest drive of 2015 was, or as close as you can remember. Hitting sprinkler heads and rolling on cart paths counts :-) Thanks for the thread idea @bkuehn1952.

Here's my stats from my last 15 rounds, thanks again @GAME Golf.

Not sure where I hit my longest drive, might have been in Phoenix/Scottsdale.

564612d0842c7_ScreenShot2015-11-13at8.39

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A few 285+ yard drives from the elevated tee box on hole  #13 at my home course.   If I hit solid, I can hit it to an edge of a downhill slope and it will bounce the ball forward for extra 30 yards. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

According to gamegolf ... 283 ... down hill, on a very dry fairway ... but I will take it!!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I had one at 325 yards measured by my GPS. Slightly downwind (maybe 5 mph) and slightly downhill. However, the number of 275+ yard drives I have hit have gone done considerably this year as compared to previous years.

Longest drive from my last 15 rounds was 362 yards at Beavercreek Golf Course. 

Shot.JPG.743b7fafb6ba395d9b270b30b3e3636

Edited by saevel25
added image

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

When I first got back to playing back in March I was driving 200-210 (if I was lucky enough to hit it straight).  I've now hit 3 that have gone over 240 and my fairway percentage has gone way up!

I don't typically measure my drives as an average good drive may be 230 yards.  I do pull out the GPS at times, though, when I really hit a solid drive and the conditions are such that the ball will get out there a bit (firm fairway, no wind or helping wind, warm, etc...).

I estimate 265 yards on a flat hole with a slight helping wind at Rolling Meadows.  The hole is listed as a 443 par 4 but I think the yardage is inflated and the tee is never all the way at the back.

Brian Kuehn

Longest this year (actually including all rounds since I've started using Game Golf a couple of years ago) is from back in March on a straightaway par 4 (#15 at Mile Square Players for the OC folk) that almost always plays downwind ... 313 yards. :)

If the stars align & I catch it dead solid perfect, my longest drive is 260 yds (average 235-240).   

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

301 :) and it was a pushed drive..

I do hit a couple 280-290 drives a round though so that's nice.. But when I make good contact my drives are usually between 260-270.. Now I need to work on always making good contact!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

345 on the 18th hole at my home course. Hit a 15 yard push fade that took off like a bullet. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

355, with a tailwind and possible cart path bounce. Though there was no damage to the ball I won't rule out the possibility.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

About 275.  Downhill, slight breeze, fairly dry conditions.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I've had a fair few upwards of 320 this year and one made 330, but the best was a big draw that found a downhill channel on a tight fairway. It was the final hole when I had a one-shot lead in a 'friendly' match... so, perfect timing! 

longest.png.b08ca0d6012ad6515bc8030a8a0a

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I had just a couple over 200 yds left on this straight 508 par 5 (flag in the middle of the green), so 305 yds.  It was downhill and downwind on a dry fairway hitting the precise spot on the left side of the fairway where it will roll another 50 yards, funneling to the middle.  My average drive is around 215-220: good times! :)

• Upvote 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

• Administrator

GAME Golf tells me 352 yards, but I don't know if it was this year or not. No, that was last year at Delaware near Columbus, OH.

http://www.gamegolf.com/insights/off-the-tee

Just hover over the longest drives and it'll tell you when and where you hit it, @mvmac.

Doing that, it says 310 yards on #14 at Alaqua Lakes back in January (with @JetFan1983).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

264 in the last month using Arccos. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!