IGNORED

Paris Terror Attacks

mcanadiens
Note: This thread is 3072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

image.jpeg

:dance::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

First, we are all indoctrinated.  The "trick" then is to gain experiences to expand your knowledge.  I've coached baseball in the former Soviet Union.  I was once offered the head coaching position for baseball on the Island of Aruba.  I've been fortunate to be an "adviser" to other countries with regards to baseball.  I've traveled with my daughter as she played softball for Team USA (D-II Squad of All Americans) in Italy.  To be sure, it is good to see how people of other countries live.  Again, it gives perspective.

With regards to this horrible event and the image above, I just finished my Social Studies unit on Islam.  It is amazing the difference between those who believe in the "Sixth Pillar of Faith" or the Jihad and those that don't.  This goes as far back as the death of Muhammad when he did not name a successor.  Do not misunderstand the mindset of radicals.  They believe that anyone unlike them, and even Muslims, are the enemy and they will kill them.  The poor people of Paris happened to be the target this time.  One or two extremist can still kill hundreds. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

It really feels like 9/11 again.

Just think how much worse this could have been if they somehow got access to nuclear or biological weapons?

It only takes a few well funded individuals to commit much worse acts of terror, and we need to be in a position to stop them.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I like you guys, but I shake my head that you are brushing this off as a handful of assholes. I know you take it all seriously, and do feel similarly about the tragic loss of life. But that graphic comes across as a bit "head in the sand." I suppose you think people like me are overreacting, but I feel I must at least say this:

I see the ideology that is behind this attack and others similar as deadly serious. I view it as a totalitarian threat to our existence, and I believe that it is a CONSTANT fight in civilization for freedom. I think we are never too far from tyranny, and each generation must keep alive the noble struggle or freedom perishes. 

While I see your math, I also see a bigger picture that it is not a handful of people in one place and time that is doing this across the globe and over the years. This is a generations-long fight and it is seeming to escalate in my lifetime. And things are frighteningly real right now as the movement of people around the planet is unprecedented.  

I fear that when we say "Never forget", we really only mean that as a flippant hashtag, and then we mostly forget about it as we return to our lives. The oppressive ideology behind this attack will certainly not forget their struggle, as those that value freedom get distracted as we enjoy the fruits of those freedoms.

When I hear politicians say things that these attacks are against "universal" values, I always think: "freedom is NOT a universal value- many clearly speak out against those freedoms." If we enjoy our freedom, we are going to have to fight to keep it alive (not necessarily with guns, but with words/ideas primarily). Our leaders pay lip service to freedom, and they seem to promote diversity and tolerance to oppressive societies as a higher calling. I'm all for diversity and tolerance, but at the expense of freedom- NEVER.

Is this list below really the work of just a handful of assholes, or perhaps there is a global and growing totalitarian ideology, bent on world domination? I apologize for the long list, but this one goes back to 2001. It's important to see the length.

[28]

• Upvote 4

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

One of the most touching scenes was when French citizens, crowed in some small area began singing the La Marseillaise. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

14 minutes ago, RandallT said:

I like you guys, but I shake my head that you are brushing this off as a handful of assholes. I know you take it all seriously, and do feel similarly about the tragic loss of life. But that graphic comes across as a bit "head in the sand." I suppose you think people like me are overreacting, but I feel I must at least say this:

I see the ideology that is behind this attack and others similar as deadly serious. I view it as a totalitarian threat to our existence, and I believe that it is a CONSTANT fight in civilization for freedom. I think we are never too far from tyranny, and each generation must keep alive the noble struggle or freedom perishes. 

While I see your math, I also see a bigger picture that it is not a handful of people in one place and time that is doing this across the globe and over the years. This is a generations-long fight and it is seeming to escalate in my lifetime. And things are frighteningly real right now as the movement of people around the planet is unprecedented.  

I fear that when we say "Never forget", we really only mean that as a flippant hashtag, and then we mostly forget about it as we return to our lives. The oppressive ideology behind this attack will certainly not forget their struggle, as those that value freedom get distracted as we enjoy the fruits of those freedoms.

When I hear politicians say things that these attacks are against "universal" values, I always think: "freedom is NOT a universal value- many clearly speak out against those freedoms." If we enjoy our freedom, we are going to have to fight to keep it alive (not necessarily with guns, but with words/ideas primarily). Our leaders pay lip service to freedom, and they seem to promote diversity and tolerance to oppressive societies as a higher calling. I'm all for diversity and tolerance, but at the expense of freedom- NEVER.

Is this list below really the work of just a handful of assholes, or perhaps there is a global and growing totalitarian ideology, bent on world domination? I apologize for the long list, but this one goes back to 2001. It's important to see the length.

Does David Koresh represent all Christians? Does Joseph Stalin represent all atheists? 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I hope we support France through this terrible time with whatever actions she sees fit.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

35 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

Does David Koresh represent all Christians? Does Joseph Stalin represent all atheists? 

ISIS doesn't represent all Muslims. But it is a lot bigger than one person. 

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Islam, notice I did not say "radical Islam", is the greatest threat to liberty and individual rights as it has always been.

By it's very nature, as has been proven in history and it's fundamental tenets, Islam is a religious, political and sociological system that is in direct opposition to the concept of the free will of man, the innate liberty of the individual, and the concept that all men/women are created in the image of GOD and equal under the law.

On the other hand, Christianity, when practiced in the true spirit of Christ, is the perfect example of the recognition of the rights of man/woman and their responsibility to both God and their fellow man.

One may argue that one is not beholden to either. But consider, Islam demands subjection and emphatically desires to enforce such to the point of execution of those who refuse to be subject.

Christianity offers liberty by free choice and her founder has paid the cost of admission by His own suffering.

Choose NOW whom you will serve... for you will surely serve!

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

47 minutes ago, CR McDivot said:

Islam, notice I did not say "radical Islam", is the greatest threat to liberty and individual rights as it has always been.

By it's very nature, as has been proven in history and it's fundamental tenets, Islam is a religious, political and sociological system that is in direct opposition to the concept of the free will of man, the innate liberty of the individual, and the concept that all men/women are created in the image of GOD and equal under the law.

On the other hand, Christianity, when practiced in the true spirit of Christ, is the perfect example of the recognition of the rights of man/woman and their responsibility to both God and their fellow man.

One may argue that one is not beholden to either. But consider, Islam demands subjection and emphatically desires to enforce such to the point of execution of those who refuse to be subject.

Christianity offers liberty by free choice and her founder has paid the cost of admission by His own suffering.

Christianity has a blood-soaked history, CR. Millions and millions and millions of lives have been lost fighting in it's name.

• Upvote 2

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, CR McDivot said:

How about myself and my fellow man?

And I second what @jbishop15 said.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, Gunther said:

You've been indoctrinated through your education, probably most through college but it's happened since 1st grade.  If your dad is a republican, you probably didn't speak with him much about politics through school.

My son graduated college in '14.  He had a solid conservative foundation but required my guidance to filter out the liberal bullshit he had to endure through his education and most particularly through those 4 years of college.  He's not fully clean yet but now fancies himself a Libertarian, which I can accept, somewhat reluctantly.  Smart kid, Cum Laude, but a frat boy too.  I'm proud of him as I'm sure your folks are of you.

Global warming is a ruse, the facts don't support anything more than that.  The "majority" of scientists you cite involves 75 of 77 scientists among the 18,000 originally surveyed.  It was a bogus study, well documented as such, yet somehow the media still quotes it:  97%, blah, blah.  It's bogus and completely untrue.

There is no institutional racism in this country anymore, especially not on college campuses. Again, a ruse perpetrated by George Soros who is funding it, along with Occupy (fake), Ferguson (fake), minimum wage (ridiculous), and many other false narratives that permeate our media.

Fox news does not slant heavily right.  The are right of center but firmly entrenched with Republican establishment which is far left of where we need to be in America to continue the success we've have these 240 years or so.  Liberalism does not work, which is why Obama has been such an abject failuree.

Anyway, I ventured far off topic but the fact is, I believe this event should strengthen our resolve to shed this false racism narrative and begin the hard work of eliminating those terrorists among us and abroad to secure our future.

Completely OT (and completely off in just about everything). 

1 hour ago, CR McDivot said:

Completely OT and incomprehensible.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

1 hour ago, CR McDivot said:

Have you ever cared to learn history? After the collapse of Rome, the Arab world was the center of learning and thought. It was a culture of openness to visitors from afar and embraced science and technology. It's why most of the stars in the sky have Arabic names. It's why algebra is an Arabic word. Why'd it stop? Because a cleric perverted the writings of the religion to essentially ban such progressive thought. The religion is fine. When bad people choose to pervert it to their purposes, you get bad activities. But it's not anything inherent to the religion. Just as extremism and regressive thought by any subset of any religion isn't reflective of those other religions. 

Fun exercise: switch the references to Christianity and Islam in your diatribe and notice it's exactly as true as what you wrote now. 

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

1 hour ago, jbishop15 said:

Christianity has a blood-soaked history, CR. Millions and millions and millions of lives have been lost fighting in it's name.

You should really review Sharia Law as I believe you will find it even more oppressive and oppositional to your views than you find Christianity.

Joe Paradiso

Every time there is a tragic event like this, people rally and resolve to do something about it.  But over time, once emotions die out, people and governments are back to where they were before the event.   I sure hope this event and Russian airline crash serves as a turning point for the fight against ISIS and the like.   If not, we will have to wait for another event like 911 before taking a decisive action against ISIS.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Please stay on topic, if you want to discuss politics, start your own thread - the topic of this thread is Paris Terror Attacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/world/europe/paris-terrorist-attacks.html?_r=0

PARIS — Three teams of Islamic State attackers acting in unison carried out the terrorist assault in Paris on Friday night, officials said Saturday, including one assailant who may have traveled to Europe on a Syrian passport along with the flow of migrants.

“It is an act of war that was committed by a terrorist army, a jihadist army, Daesh, against France,” President François Hollande told the nation from the Élysée Palace, using an Arabic acronym for the Islamic State. “It is an act of war that was prepared, organized and planned from abroad, with complicity from the inside, which the investigation will help establish.”

As the death toll rose to 129 — with 352 others wounded, 99 of them critically — a basic timeline of the attacks came into view.

The Paris prosecutor, François Molins, said the attackers were all armed with assault rifles and suicide vests. Their assault began at 9:20 p.m. Friday, when one terrorist detonated a suicide bomb outside the gates of the soccer stadium on the northern outskirts of Paris. It ended at 12:20 a.m. Saturday when the authorities stormed a concert hall, the Bataclan. One attacker there was killed; two others detonated suicide vests. Inside the hall, 89 people, who had been listening to a rock band, had been shot to death.

http://www.lemonde.fr/attaques-a-paris/article/2015/11/15/ismael-omar-mostefai-l-un-des-kamikazes-francais-du-bataclan_4810208_4809495.html

L’identité du kamikaze du Bataclan identifié par les enquêteurs grâce à son doigt coupé est désormais connue : il s’agit d’Ismaël Omar Mostefaï, un homme de 29 ans natif de Courcouronnes, dans l’Essonne, qui vivait ces dernières années dans le quartier de La Madeleine, à Chartres (Eure-et-Loir). L’information a été dévoilée par le député et maire (LR) de Chartres, Jean-Pierre Gorges, et confirmée au Monde par une autre source. Selon nos informations, Ismaël Omar Mostefaï a très probablement séjourné en Syrie durant quelques mois, à l’hiver 2013-2014. Les enquêteurs ont retrouvé la trace de son passage en Turquie, voie d’entrée privilégiée pour rejoindre le théâtre syrien.

GT:

The identity of the suicide bomber Bataclan identified by investigators through his severed finger is now known: it is Mostefai Ismaël Omar, a 29-year-old native of Courcouronnes, in Essonne, who lived in recent years in the La Madeleine, in Chartres (Eure-et-Loir). The information was disclosed by the deputy and mayor (LR) from Chartres, Jean-Pierre Gorges, and confirmed to the world from another source. Reportedly, Ismael Omar Mostefai most likely stayed in Syria for several months in the winter of 2013-2014. Investigators traced his visit to Turkey privileged entryway to join the Syrian theater.

1 American dead. Cal State Long Beach student was having dinner. 1 American wounded. Woman from New Orleans (here's her catering website) at concert shot in thighs, her friend next to her was shot and killed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/among-the-victims-in-paris-a-american-exchange-student/2015/11/14/6dc2d9fa-8afc-11e5-be39-0034bb576eee_story.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/attacker-tried-to-enter-paris-stadium-but-was-turned-away-1447520571

PARIS—At least one of the attackers outside France’s national soccer stadium had a ticket to the game and attempted to enter the 80,000-person venue, according to a Stade de France security guard who was on duty and French police.

The guard—who asked to be identified only by his first name, Zouheir—said the attacker was discovered wearing an explosives vest when he was frisked at the entrance to the stadium about 15 minutes into the game. France was playing an exhibition against Germany inside.

While attempting to back away from security, Zouheir said, the attacker detonated the vest, which was loaded with explosives and bolts, according to Paris prosecutor François Molins. Zouheir, who was stationed by the players’ tunnel, said he was briefed on the sequence by the security frisking team at the gate.

A police officer confirmed the sequence, adding that police suspect the attacker aimed to detonate his vest inside the stadium in order to provoke a deadly stampede.

Bataclan video showing beginning of attack. It's just the band playing, you hear shots and the band is confused.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-attacks-the-moment-gunfire-broke-out-at-the-eagles-concert-at-the-bataclan-a6735031.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!