IGNORED

mythbuster's Trolling Thread (was Setup = Automatic)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 hours ago, mythbuster said:

i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers

This is now my favorite post of all time.

• Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Blatherskite.png

22 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

This is now my favorite post of all time.

Maybe that's why he doesn't want to post pictures. He's afraid we won't understand it due to his lack of fingers! He does type quite a bit though for someone who is potentially not decadactylous any longer.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

@mythbuster = blatherskite. New word of the day!

I've finally learned something in this thread!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am trying to understand why he stressed that a golf set up will make the swing automatic. Let's just swing without a ball. Does an open club face feels the same as a close face when one swings? To me it does not. I like the feel of rolling the left on top of right hand. It gives me the slashing of a Bushido sword feeling. It makes me not come over the top BUT makes me more prone to sliding. That is why on one of my post , I was wondering why there was no custom club shaft lean built for the individual. It is just not the loft. Its the feeling of swinging  a very lofted club with a greater lean shaft . With standard clubs we will have to deloft to get more lean.  A more lofted club feels different than a less lofted club. I think the OP is trying to say something similar to this. What makes a pro bend his clubs? Why are people starting to play one length clubs?

Edited by craps

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, craps said:

I am trying to understand why he stressed that a golf set up will make the swing automatic. Let's just swing without a ball. Does an open club face feels the same as a close face when one swings? To me it does not. I like the feel of rolling the left on top of right hand. It gives me the slashing of a Bushido sword feeling. It makes me not come over the top BUT makes me more prone to sliding. That is why on one of my post , I was wondering why there was no custom club shaft lean built for the individual. It is just not the loft. Its the feeling of swinging  a very lofted club with a greater lean shaft . With standard clubs we will have to deloft to get more lean.  A more lofted club feels different than a less lofted club. I think the OP is trying to say something similar to this. What makes a pro bend his clubs? Why are people starting to play one length clubs?

I don't think anyone even understood what you were talking about with "custom club shaft lean built for the individual," and that's off topic for this thread.

I also don't think people are "starting" play one length clubs. They've been doing that for decades. Aside from Bryson giving them a little bump… it's still not catching on. Look at the videos from PING for part of the reason why.

Let's stick to the topic, as weird and useless as it has been…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Mythbuster's real name is Iron Mike.  This is how you get an Automatic swing.

images[6].jpg

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't think anyone even understood what you were talking about with "custom club shaft lean built for the individual," and that's off topic for this thread.

I also don't think people are "starting" play one length clubs. They've been doing that for decades. Aside from Bryson giving them a little bump… it's still not catching on. Look at the videos from PING for part of the reason why.

Let's stick to the topic, as weird and useless as it has been…

The reason I make this post is because I think the OP is preaching its all in the set up to get an automatic swing. A proper lean in the setup is required. Even IRON BRYON needs to be set up before it can operates flawlessly. How come you did not gave me your opinion on whether swinging an open face club FEELS the same as a close face club. Why do people have a favorite iron? 

Edited by craps

13 minutes ago, craps said:

How come you did not gave me your opinion on whether swinging an open face club FEELS the same as a close face club.

Why does that matter and what does it have to do with the topic of the thread?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

The coolest thing that could happen to this thread is if the op would post a video and it turned out to be Adam Savage or Jamie Hyneman trolling the heck out of people.  Ya probably not.

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, craps said:

The reason I make this post is because I think the OP is preaching its all in the set up to get an automatic swing. A proper lean in the setup is required.

I don't think so.

Even IRON BRYON needs to be set up before it can operates flawlessly.

Iron Byron could be set up at the top of the backswing and hit the ball just fine. It doesn't even need to be at "setup" position. It's a machine and if the "wrists" are geared it could be made to do almost anything to hit "good" golf shots so long as it had some time and space to make a downswing.

How come you did not gave me your opinion on whether swinging an open face club FEELS the same as a close face club. Why do people have a favorite iron? 

Please stick to the topic. This is @mythbuster's thread to do whatever it is he's doing here, not yours. Your threads are here and here.

56 minutes ago, LagShaft said:

The coolest thing that could happen to this thread is if the op would post a video and it turned out to be Adam Savage or Jamie Hyneman trolling the heck out of people.  Ya probably not.

I doubt it's actually either of them, because they clearly stated and understand how hard is golf. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, craps said:

The OP should do away with the word 'automatic' People over here is so against it. A good set up will make the swing easy and produce good results is more appropriate.

And he'd be almost as wrong. The setup has a little to do with the golf swing, but it's not anywhere near as important as some are making it out to be. I could set up by standing vertical with the club resting on my shoulder and hit better shots than a lot of golfers.

On 11/23/2015, 8:20:03, Vinsk said:

I don't think set up holds too much weight if you have the 5keys in place. Sure, a solid set up/posture can help achieve those keys. But I'm sure if you took any pro or scratch golfer and asked them to stand open, closed, or some odd little variance, they could still hit a solid golf shot. 

You 5SK guys are saying there is a correct set up and it is covered by the first 3 keys.Isn't that right?

http://5sk.com/index.php/site/about

Edited by collapse

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, collapse said:

You 5SK guys are saying there is a correct set up and it is covered by the first 3 keys.Isn't that right?

No.

Each of the Five Simple Keys has to do with something done dynamically.

3 hours ago, collapse said:

The pics from the link aren't illustrating any set-up positions. 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Set up is utmost important for me. Not only that , I need to put my hands right below my sternum in order to find the bottom arc. If I forward my hand ,I have to change to a steeper swing. ( I have a pre-cocked wrist at set up ) Right now , I need to deloft my short irons cos the ball is back of stance. How I wish I could have a shaft lean that is more vertical  so that I can set up neutral and have a more confident and productive swing. Be it good or bad as long as your swing is consistent, then I believe we can make the equipment fitted for us. Play the club and don't let the club play you.

9 hours ago, mvmac said:

The pics from the link aren't illustrating any set-up positions. 

Ok I was assuming the pre-set drill in this video was being recommended as the position to be in at address.If it isn't,where is the majority of my weight at address through the swing to finish?

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

Note: This thread is 3016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!