IGNORED

mythbuster's Trolling Thread (was Setup = Automatic)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

This is now my favorite post of all time.

Yep, Flemenco guitarist is a very specific occupation. 

I once aspired to play tuba in a German oompa band until an unfortunate accident with a corby trouser press. I cant book into a hotel that has a trouserpress due to the emotional trauma :-P

Edited by RussUK

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, RussUK said:

Yep, Flemenco guitarist is a very specific occupation. 

I once aspired to play tuba in a German oompa band until an unfortunate accident with a corby trouser press. I cant book into a hotel that has a trouserpress due to the emotional trauma :-P

Tuba dreams shattered! Avoid panini presses as well.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
4 hours ago, collapse said:

Ok I was assuming the pre-set drill in this video was being recommended as the position to be in at address.If it isn't,where is the majority of my weight at address through the swing to finish?

That is a drill designed to show where your weight has to be at impact.

Let's stick to the topic, now, please. And happy Thanksgiving.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 11/24/2015, 11:42:03, mythbuster said:

i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers

This is now my favorite post of all time.

Edited by DrvFrShow

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Tuba dreams shattered! Avoid panini presses as well.

The question is, is he distressed by golfers with a forward press in their putting stroke or is that far enough removed (similar in name only) to be tolerable?

@mythbuster,

if you are saying that this magical setup creates an automatic golfswing, do you feel the same would be true of other sports? If I set up properly will I be able to hit a 96mph fastball! If I set up properly will I be able to smash a tennis ball to the service area consistently? Bowl a strike? I'm assuming your answer would be "no". I'm also assuming you understand that many movements of the human body take place active and passive between set up and impact right? So doesn't it make sense that simply a set up cannot guarantee anything in regards to contact with the ball? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

@mythbuster,

if you are saying that this magical setup creates an automatic golfswing, do you feel the same would be true of other sports? If I set up properly will I be able to hit a 96mph fastball! If I set up properly will I be able to smash a tennis ball to the service area consistently? Bowl a strike? I'm assuming your answer would be "no". I'm also assuming you understand that many movements of the human body take place active and passive between set up and impact right? So doesn't it make sense that simply a set up cannot guarantee anything in regards to contact with the ball? 

in other sports , the ball is moving. In golf the ball is not. Brain surgeon is a good profession but can you be a brain surgeon? The OP is saying if set up in a certain way to correct the "consistent" flaw in your swing. Be it the grip or stance or equipment. Make a few wrongs to get it right!!!

Edited by craps

16 minutes ago, craps said:

The OP is saying if set up in a certain way to correct the "consistent" flaw in your swing.

The OP is also clearly a troll so we have to take that into consideration.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

1 hour ago, craps said:

in other sports , the ball is moving. In golf the ball is not. Brain surgeon is a good profession but can you be a brain surgeon? The OP is saying if set up in a certain way to correct the "consistent" flaw in your swing. Be it the grip or stance or equipment. Make a few wrongs to get it right!!!

Brain surgeon is a poor example. People train a lot less and become brain surgeons than they do good golfers. I'm an excellent physician that took 11 years of training. I'm a much better doctor than I am a golfer. Any way , mvmac makes the real point: mythbuster is just out for a laugh, trolling on.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 11/27/2015, 10:49:38, Vinsk said:

@mythbuster,

you make a lot of very  valid points that will be lapped up by so called "believers"  , but you miss the reality mark by a conservative mile. 

when you say that  if you set up properly to hit a baseball, tennis or bowl 'homerun" ,that is in fact a fallacy, as you yourself have no idea what that ideal setup actually is.

sure, you can try and "mirror" the greats of this sport, but it"s akin to hitting your head against a brick wall from the resultant frustration if you are silly enough to follow this doomed path.

ok, at least , i am only here to help as you must appreciate that i am 'handicapped' with my own inflexibility, so when i discover something that works for me it is not a case of poppycock-(cobblers is a better word when translated to masculine generics).

that said, i must admit my advice on setup was totally wrong , but as i said in the past, this is a 'work' in progress.

look, i think i have really discovered something, and it doesn't involve trying to address the ball in contrived ways as i said in the past.

it is so simple , but it involves the grip  and the absolute neutral 'bend' to the ball at setup. i am just trialling this, but it could just confirm the title of my book which is probably in the wings -

Golf is Easy, Golf is Hard-Your Choice.

I routinely troll and make things up. Please use my posts for your own amusement, and little else.

7 hours ago, mythbuster said:

you make a lot of very  valid points that will be lapped up by so called "believers"  , but you miss the reality mark by a conservative mile. 

when you say that  if you set up properly to hit a baseball, tennis or bowl 'homerun" ,that is in fact a fallacy, as you yourself have no idea what that ideal setup actually is.

sure, you can try and "mirror" the greats of this sport, but it"s akin to hitting your head against a brick wall from the resultant frustration if you are silly enough to follow this doomed path.

ok, at least , i am only here to help as you must appreciate that i am 'handicapped' with my own inflexibility, so when i discover something that works for me it is not a case of poppycock-(cobblers is a better word when translated to masculine generics).

that said, i must admit my advice on setup was totally wrong , but as i said in the past, this is a 'work' in progress.

look, i think i have really discovered something, and it doesn't involve trying to address the ball in contrived ways as i said in the past.

it is so simple , but it involves the grip  and the absolute neutral 'bend' to the ball at setup. i am just trialling this, but it could just confirm the title of my book which is probably in the wings -

LOL.. So, just like that all the advice you have given before is bullshit according to you and now you have a new discovery? Priceless for anyone who starts reading this thread from the first post!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

7 hours ago, mythbuster said:

masculine generics

What a great band name.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

8 hours ago, mythbuster said:

Even with a good swing golf is hard.

The main thing you don't seem to be understanding from us is that the setup is only a small percentage of a good swing. You are now finding your ideal setup and it works a lot better than other setups you've tried, and that's great. Many of us have been through this phase.

However, once you have this and eventually develop good full swing mechanics, golf is still hard. You still make misses, only as you get better, the misses are not as penal but they still cost strokes over the course of a round.

The understanding you seem to have is about what I expect from a 15 handicap, and that's good but there is a lot more for you to learn.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 hours ago, mythbuster said:

Ok ...you are hedging now.....what are you working on specifically?

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

Here's a couple new titles you might want to consider, I think you'll find them to be much more fitting:

"Poppycock - How I Made a Fool of Myself"

"Golf is Hard - No Choice"

"5 Easy Steps to a 15 Handicap!"

"Chasing Band-aid Fixes, the novella"

• iacas changed the title to mythbuster's Chasing Band-Aids Thread (was Setup = Automatic)
22 hours ago, mythbuster said:

Are you by any chance a Scientologist?

19 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Here's a couple new titles you might want to consider, I think you'll find them to be much more fitting:

"Poppycock - How I Made a Fool of Myself"

"Golf is Hard - No Choice"

"5 Easy Steps to a 15 Handicap!"

"Chasing Band-aid Fixes, the novella"

I am disappointed that you did not work Blatherskite into any of those choices.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hey, mythbuster, why don't you try the latest David Leadbetter's A- swing golf method. It focus on a certain way of setting up and the swing is compact and easy to execute cos' it does not require full body turn. I personally like it. Is Lydia Ko using it?

Note: This thread is 3048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!