IGNORED

Lamkin uses SOLIDWORKS?

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Considering that almost my entire bag is now Ping equipment (B60 putter, i20 irons, i25 Driver), I like Ping at this moment.

Also, while installing some software for my work (again due to IT issues and Microsoft updates), I noticed this:

564def6ebac6d_NewBitmapImage.thumb.jpg.a

If Ping uses Solidworks, they can't be all that bad. :beer:

BTW, the only reason I am using 2013 and not 2015 is because it is compatible with my Creo (yuck) products.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

PING is excellent kit.

Their look doesn't suit my tastes, but I agree. Great products. The G30 driver in particular is spectacularly good.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

When we were at their facility for the Newport Cup, I asked them what CAD program they use. I could've sworn they said Creo, but I don't remember for sure and can't check the video at work.

Does Ping actually design those grips? Maybe Lamkin uses Solidworks?

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just now, jamo said:

When we were at their facility for the Newport Cup, I asked them what CAD program they use. I could've sworn they said Creo, but I don't remember for sure and can't check the video at work.

If Ping uses Creo (yuck), I'm going to need to consider other clubs. . .My company is forcing me to use Creo (yuck). Creo (yuck), Creo (yuck), yuck. . .

Or maybe wait for Creo 3.0 which allows full Solidworks integration, and a more Solidworks like human(e) interface.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

29 minutes ago, jamo said:

I don't know about the grips in the OP but I'm pretty sure Lamkin makes a lot of the PING grips.

They said they use Creo.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

15 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I don't know about the grips in the OP but I'm pretty sure Lamkin makes a lot of the PING grips.

They said they use Creo.

Other than the golf stuff, it looks exactly like our offices down to the chairs.

Too bad they use Creo for the "primary" CAD program though. So, they left the door open to better products. :content:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I agree that the wait-screen image was probably provided by Lamkin.  Maybe change the thread title?

BTW, I'm also a Solidworks user and would love to put in some time in drawing up some revolutionary design ideas I have.  Any golf industry head hunters out there looking for a game changing driver?

13 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Too bad they use Creo for the "primary" CAD program though. So, they left the door open to better products. :content:

I don't know much about the CAD stuff but they obviously come out with very good products that perform well for the average golfer and for the best players in the world. Marty Jertson is the Senior Design Engineer at PING and he competes at a high level (tour events, PGA Championship) and he's not going to put anything that's "inferior" in his bag.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

10 minutes ago, Tee2Trees said:

I agree that the wait-screen image was probably provided by Lamkin.  Maybe change the thread title?

BTW, I'm also a Solidworks user and would love to put in some time in drawing up some revolutionary design ideas I have.  Any golf industry head hunters out there looking for a game changing driver?

Yeah, but at least Ping would be looking for a Creo user. :-D

9 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I don't know much about the CAD stuff but they obviously come out with very good products that perform well for the average golfer and for the best players in the world. Marty Jertson is the Senior Design Engineer at PING and he competes at a high level (tour events, PGA Championship) and he's not going to put anything that's "inferior" in his bag.

I'm just talking about the tools they use to develop their products being inferior. Not the products themselves. ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!