IGNORED

Going from Titleist to Ping

Note: This thread is 6007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tried out the whole range of G10 woods today and I really had much better launch numbers (at the range with non-range balls), consistancy and distance on the launch monitor. Tried the driver, fairwaywood and hybrid with Pro Launcher Red. I never even looked at Ping stuff until today and boy was I wrong to go for clubs following like a lamb of what most people recommended. All the woods were square faced like Titleist except that it was more forgiving and HOT faced which sounded like firecrakers exploding at the point of impact. Tried the Redwood Piper putter as well and it was solid... It might kick out my Scotty Cameron Studio Style 2, which I thought would last for a long time.

I switched from Taylormade to Titleist when my handicap was dropping and because most of my friends (and some people on the forum) said that I should hit a Titleist when my handicap is at certain level. Boy are they wrong... And I gotta admit that I blindly followed their advice... Anyway, lesson learned. We all could use some forgiveness and any other legal technological edge when playing on the course...

I checked the Ping website under WRX and saw a bunch of shafts there. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is an upcharge for ordering non stock shafts.

Will try out the irons and wedges at the fitting shop tomorrow but I think my Mizuno irons and Titleist wedges will stay in the bag... But then again who knows... Golf lesson learned today: "Never disregard certain products before trying them out!"
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

Excellent! Want to send me your D2 and your 17* hybrid? I can put them to good use with my inferior Titleist bag. ;)

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Excellent! Want to send me your D2 and your 17* hybrid? I can put them to good use with my inferior Titleist bag. ;)

I would love to but I am located in Southeast Asia so shipping would be quite costly... haha... Don't get me wrong... I am not saying Titleist clubs are bad. I just performed better with Pings personally...

Driver

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I would love to but I am located in Southeast Asia so shipping would be quite costly... haha... Don't get me wrong... I am not saying Titleist clubs are bad. I just performed better with Pings personally...

Exactly, that's why it comes down to personal preference. There is no one club right for everyone.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

I thought I was set for Ping... Now I am flirting with the Mizzy woods... Argh...
Driver

Woods

I agree about the Mizzy woods. I was a Titleist guy until I hit the MP-57s...now I picked up the Mp-600 and the F60...I guess I am slowly turning into a Mizzy guy Still got the Vokeys and the Scotty though.

how does the mp-600 compare to the 907D2?

- which one is more forgiving?
- which one has a lower ball flight?
- which one has more distance?
In the Bag:
Driver: G10 7.5°; Fujikura 757 Speeder X-Stiff
3 Wood: 906F2 13°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
5 Wood: 906F4 18.5°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Rapture 21°; Aldila VS Proto 80 Shaft X-StiffIrons: MP-60: 4-PW; Dynamic Gold S-400Wedges: Vokey Design Spin Milled: 54°, 60°

Note: This thread is 6007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!