IGNORED

Sick of Kelly Tilghman?

SubPar
Note: This thread is 3991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have started watching Golf Channel coverage with the sound off. Kelly Tilghman just rubs me the wrong way. Her insights are not insightful. Her witticisms lack wit. The weird cadence of her speech and occasional breathless stretches of motor-mouth make watching golf a miserable experience for me.

Too much trying to be "unique and clever" can become "grating and annoying." David Feherty can have a similar effect, but CBS has the good sense to use him in sparingly.

Am I the only one?

SubPar

• Administrator

You watch Golf Channel coverage of PGA Tour events? Yeah, I think you're the one. Call the Golf Channel - I think they want to give you a prize.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You watch Golf Channel coverage of PGA Tour events? Yeah, I think you're the one. Call the Golf Channel - I think they want to give you a prize.

Well we're pretty much stuck with it, if you want to watch the PGA at all. It was tolerable when the GC only carried the first two rounds but now they are carrying all four days. I have suddenly found the European coverage to seem competent and, by contrast, appealing.

SubPar

lol @ that, never liked the dike-ish one.. aka. Kelly Tilghman.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

• 1 year later...
I am also so fed up with Kelly Tihlman as well. I actually change the channel whenever she opens her mouth. She is so mousey sounding. And her freakin' blow fest with Tiger Woods is just disgusting. It was bad before her "lynch" comment, but now it has been even more obvious. I don't want to wish anyone to lose their job, but I just wish Golf Channel would do something with her besides allowing her to be the main anchor.

Do you just look at the scores online, or how do you keep up to date? Just curious, as I watch the GC for all the PGA events, but if there's a way to not have faldo and azinger talking for 30 minutes, while I'm trying to watch a golf tournament, then I'd love to know.

Driver: ...... Ping G400 Max
Woods: ..... Ping G410 3 & 5
Hybrids: ... Titleist 818 21° & 25°
Irons: ........ Titleist 718 AP1 6 - GW
Wedges: ... Titleist Vokey ... 52° & 56°
Putter: ....... Rife 400 Mid Mallet  /  Ball: ... Snell MTB Red / Yellow

Except for the occasional key errors, I actually thought she was doing much better during the Sony that she was last year's events, or even last week's. Also seemed like her profile was a bit lower, i.e. others contributing more and didn't hear her as much as I remember. Actually, Billy Ray Brown contributes next to nothing, never anything not obvious, and Rich Lerner is the only one who really gets on my nerves, at the Mercedes every show something about Davis Love III's dad's crash and at the Sony pulling the Jim Gray and asking Tad about his dad's impending sentencing. As far as the kid goes, it's the Golf Channel not 60 minutes, and I don't think they have any journalistic obligation to ask the kid, or his granddad about it. Their excuse for getting into it was that his dad had comments reported in the local papers -- like anyone in the other 49 states is reading them or cares, just inappropriate in my mind. I dare him to ask Tiger (GC's total focus) why Stevie wasn't invited to the wedding or how he really feels about Phil --- will never happen, so why ask tougher and just as irrelevant questions of an 18 year old kid and his granddad when the other aspects of the story, that people really care about, were much more interesting and relevant. By the way, Kelly doesn't look that bad (I'm now ducking).

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

Shes better than Johnny Miller...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

She is bad, not as annoying as Faldo, but close. The Golf Channel's coverage makes it difficult for anyone to shine. They constantly show short putts and mid irons. The camera angle are terrible with no perspective for the shot ahead of the golfer. This was pointed out by someone else (its swing, then blue sky with white ball, the ball landing somewhere on green) Absolutely no perspective for golf shape, etc.

There are so few good golf commentators. I really like the more seasoned commentators on the Euro coverage. The best commentators were on Shell's WWOG. Gary Player is great as a commentator. I love Arnie's and Jack's crotchetty delivery (If they hadn't made so many sacks of money, they would probably be commentating---especially Arnie, he has such a knack for it).

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Absolutely not trying to start an argument, but, respectfully, GC's coverage of the Mercedes and the Sony was anything but mid irons and short putts. Virtually every shot of the leaders was shown, with the layout facing the golfers off the tee in view, and mapped, and occasional shot tracking inset with the ball flight (like picture in picture). When they panned off to some of the other players, it was reduced to a lot of putts at the Sony, however. I thought the views of the holes at the Mercedes in particular were great and really showed the character of the course and what the golfers were facing -- I wish CBS would do more like that with Augusta, in terms of getting more perspective on the up and down of the course (now, at the Mercedes it was very dramatic, so maybe that's why it came through on screen). Faldo's okay, but he sure looked uncomfortable when they put Azinger in the "booth" for a bit and mentioned he would be joining some of their coverage this year. Not at all taking away from the greatness of the Ryder Cup accomplishment, but Azinger seems a little full of himself at times when talking about it (the players did have to play, regardless of his little "pod" theory), and his remarks sometime after the Cup suggesting something about a "union" for players, with him presumably in the Gene Upshaw role (a little egocentric and the day spoiled golf pros unionize, I, and I think many others, start losing interest in pro golf and fast, even if Paul is their leader).

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

I personally prefer the commentators they have for the British Open. I dont recall what his name is, but they have this older English guy on there and IMO he's the best one.
McCord is OK, but he tries too hard to be funny.
I just cant stand Johnny Miller. He is sarcastic and rambles on and on and acts like all the player are idiots. If its so easy, Mr Miller, lets see you go out there and do it.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Faldo's okay, but he sure looked uncomfortable when they put Azinger in the "booth" for a bit and mentioned he would be joining some of their coverage this year. Not at all taking away from the greatness of the Ryder Cup accomplishment, but Azinger seems a little full of himself at times when talking about it (the players did have to play, regardless of his little "pod" theory), and his remarks sometime after the Cup suggesting something about a "union" for players, with him presumably in the Gene Upshaw role (a little egocentric and the day spoiled golf pros unionize, I, and I think many others, start losing interest in pro golf and fast, even if Paul is their leader).

I find Zinger to be rathar full of himself as well and I dont much care for him either. IMO, the Ryder Cup victory has gone to his head.

I'd rather have KT than Rich Lerner anyday. He surely exemplifies the word dork.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I prefer to watch and listen to her than the spanish commentators. For the European tour the commentators in spanish are cool, but for the PGA Tour the girl called Nora Ventureiri is talikng, it is really horrible to watch a PGA Tour event. Sometime when there are not some interesting players it's kind of boringto watch an then with this girl... no thanks!

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I'm not a big KT fan, either.

How about swapping her out with an LPGA tour veteran....someone possesing great knowledge of the game and all the details of tournaments that only players can truly express.

Another cool option that I've longed to see is to have a Caddie show on Golf Channel.
  • Upvote 1
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 3991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!