IGNORED

Sick of Kelly Tilghman?

SubPar
Note: This thread is 3995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I actually much prefer her to Lerner.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

Yes I'm sick of her -

NO. I don't think she's hot.

She's a racist.

How did she not get fired after the "Lynch him (TIGER WOODS) in a back alley!" comment last year?????????
http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...701417,00.html

MUCH the same as the Don Imus comments...

As far as her "reporting" goes, I think she makes everything into a fluffy feature story. Not good.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

• Administrator
How did she not get fired after the "Lynch him (TIGER WOODS) in a back alley!" comment last year?????????

Look for and dig up that old thread. Let's not rehash it all over again here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I see in the March Golf Digest players' poll, they asked which announcer the players could do without. Kelly Tilghman was in first with 30% of the vote.

I like her on Golf Central, but not in the booth.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I see in the March Golf Digest players' poll, they asked which announcer the players could do without. Kelly Tilghman was in first with 30% of the vote.

Aren't the players supposed to be playing golf, not watching the tube?

She's OK, no worse than some men announcers, but not great. I think it's the timbre of her voice, and also a general impression that she doesn't seem confident she belongs where she is, that makes me think she's not contributing much. I have nothing against women in the booth, men have no lock on personality or knowledge about the game, but it's hard for women to come across as enthusiastic and to convey excitement of the moment without sounding shrill to me.

True, except for Peter Kostis, aren't too many "shrill" men's voices out there, just a wee bit sexist, aren't we? It's not like the women can change the voices they were born with.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

I like her on Golf Central, but not in the booth.

I agree. But I'll take her any day over McCord.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I like her, can't stand Faldo or Lerner. GC does need to work on it's coverage and big part of that is getting Faldo to STF up about himself!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

True, except for Peter Kostis, aren't too many "shrill" men's voices out there, just a wee bit sexist, aren't we? It's not like the women can change the voices they were born with.

My wife is an accomplished professional who has had to overcome outright discrimination, so I'm sensitive to these matters. I'm just talking about reaction to her TV presence. I would feel the same way about Pee Wee Herman's voice; I don't feel the same way about Dottie Pepper's voice (maybe that's because I met her once). A subjective observation, I'll grant you, but TV presence is a highly subjective activity. I do think she's improved over the past year.

My wife is an accomplished professional who has had to overcome outright discrimination, so I'm sensitive to these matters. I'm just talking about reaction to her TV presence. I would feel the same way about Pee Wee Herman's voice; I don't feel the same way about Dottie Pepper's voice (maybe that's because I met her once). A subjective observation, I'll grant you, but TV presence is a highly subjective activity. I do think she's improved over the past year.

Kelly's voice is not bad. In my opinion, Judy Rankin and Dottie are the two best,with the nod to Dottie because she is not afraid to "say it like it is", and has emotion in her voice. Judy is the ultimate professional. One advantage that Dottie and Judy have over Kelly is that they "have been there and done that". Both are former stars on the LPGA Tour with many victories and each have won Majors. That kind of experience to draw on gives them a real reservoir of direct knowledge, that Kelly simply does not have.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Your not the only one. She has no knowledge of the game. She needs to be bare foot and in the kitchen.

Any site or thread that allows a disgusting comment like this to go unchallenged can't possibly have anything worthwhile to expound. I WILL challenge you to stand up and say that when you aren't on an anonymous internet forum. You think you're funny? You're just plain pathetic.

These anti this or that commentator threads are totally useless and a waste of forum space. Nobody who has the authority do anything about it is reading them, and even if they were, the dozen or so whiners and misogynists who post so vehemently and negatively here are NOT going to change anyone's mind. They really couldn't care less what a few crybabies on an internet forum think. That is equally true for those who whine about Miller or Faldo or McCord or anyone else. Kelly Tilghman is no better or worse than a half dozen other golf commentators. If anything, I feel that she needs to drop the news anchor persona and just try to be herself... show some emotion that looks real instead of forced. She isn't reporting on a plane crash... it's just golf.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

In my opinion, Judy Rankin and Dottie are the two best, with the nod to Dottie because she is not afraid to "say it like it is", and has emotion in her voice. Judy is the ultimate professional.

I agree completely about Rankin, didn't mean to overlook her, I like her reporting.

• Administrator
Any site or thread that allows a disgusting comment like this to go unchallenged can't possibly have anything worthwhile to expound.

That comment is from 2007. Why are you bringing it up now?

These anti this or that commentator threads are totally useless and a waste of forum space.

I agree for the most part, but if we delete them all the time, people call us names.

And on a more serious note, they're not totally useless. You must agree with me or you'd have simply skipped this thread rather than post in it. And we see the occasional good critique or counter-argument. By knowing what we don't like, we can better understand what we do like. The "bare foot" comment? Agreed it's totally useless, but it does let us know what a pig the guy is or was (back in 2007).
Kelly Tilghman is no better or worse than a half dozen other golf commentators.

To be fair, Fourputt, that's your opinion, and others have different ones and

that's why there's a thread about it.
If anything, I feel that she needs to drop the news anchor persona and just try to be herself... show some emotion that looks real instead of forced. She isn't reporting on a plane crash... it's just golf.

See, now was what you said "totally worthless"?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

She is continuing to ruin otherwise decent golf coverage. However, I get the sense TGC may be on to her. It looks like she is being moved more into the "Jimmy Roberts" role of doing fluff commentary and interviews.

One thing we can and should expect from any commentator in any sport is some grasp of the nature of the game, the rules, tactics and history. Ms. T posses none of these. Her comments about the player performance and tactics go by without any response from the people she works with because they don’t respect her opinion either.

She is just a twit who reads statistics from a monitor and prattles on about all kinds of inane BS. Once she showed herself to know "zero" about the game, her annoying cadence and monotone delivery became all the more unbearable.

SubPar

She is continuing to ruin otherwise decent golf coverage. However, I get the sense TGC may be on to her. It looks like she is being moved more into the "Jimmy Roberts" role of doing fluff commentary and interviews.

You are right and I use the "mute" button frequently when she is on. I never use that when Dottie is on.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Could possibly one of the reasons why she hasn't been replaced is the fact that she is good friends with Arnold Palmer? Who, if my memory serves me correct, is a co-founder of the Golf Channel?
What's in R7 Bag:

R5 Dual 9.5 degree
3DX Pro 4-PW irons
3FT Hybrid 54 & 56 wedges*Gigagolf Trufeel putterMy blog:http://matt10-livethedream.blogspot.com/

I would change the name to head in sand.

She has college and professional golf experience, has worked her way up with the Golf Channel and does okay. And she could beat the vast majority of people on this forum at golf.

I like her, some don't, but to say she got her job having no golf expertise is ignorant.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

Note: This thread is 3995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!