IGNORED

What's Your Favorite Thanksgiving Food?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What's your favorite thing to eat on Turkey Day?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite thing to eat on Turkey Day?

• Turkey
    • Stuffing
    • Sweet Potatoes/Yams
    • Pie
    • Mashed Potatoes
    • Other

What's your favorite thing to eat on Turkey Day?

The turkey is always great but for me it's the yam casserole my wife makes. It's got apples, brown sugar, cranberries, super awesome.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have to go with @mvmac on this one. That has always been one of my favorite dishes at Thanksgiving. The yam casserole with toasted marshmallows on top :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I love the whole meal but my favorite thing to do is really, really bad and I do it after the main dinner usually for a late night snack or lunch over the next few days.  I like to take those little dinner rolls that you heat up in the oven and cut a few of them in half.  Heat up a little bit of turkey, stuffing,  and gravy put some mayo on the dinner rolls, sprinkle with cracked pepper, add the stuffing, add the turkey, and add a dab of the heated gravy on top.  It makes the best little messy sandwiches.  You can even include a swipe of cranberry sauce.  Thank God Tday is only once a year.  Double thanks that we are not hosting this year and won't have all of the leftovers temptations for the next week.  I am seriously afraid I am going to gain back all of the weight I have lost in the past 5 or 6 weeks (about 8 lbs).

A few years ago I made a turkey pot pie with the leftovers and that was pretty tasty as well.

Edited by Gator Hazard

When you mix together turkey with really good stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce. Packs a yummy punch.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

My favorite is one of the appetizers--deviled eggs.  I only ever have them at thanksgiving and xmas.  I could likely eat a whole dozen's worth of those things.

Voted stuffing. Would've picked pie but I don't think desserts should count, wouldn't be fair.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Well I always smoke our turkey on the grill and it takes about 7 hours. So adult beverages will be consumed during the last 3hrs of this process. To hold me over until the bird is done. I will have 3 or 4 deviled eggs, my favorite pre meal snack. Home made noodles and gravy with beef house rolls are my favorite part of the meal. Probably what I like the best though is the next day. Cold turkey sandwich with salt and extra mayo.

No preference.   It depends on what turns out to be good on that particular Thanksgiving day.   My wife can't cook the same way two years in a row when it comes to T-dinner.   I am betting her stuffing will turned out to be the best this year.  :-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

It's different every year depending on who's cooking.  Used to be stuffing, but wife's family makes it differently than my mom used to make.  If the gravy is good then the turkey and mashed potatoes with a bunch of gravy is a favorite.  If somebody makes green bean casserole, that is also a fave.

My old very favorite part of thanksgiving used to be leftover turkey sandwiches on Friday.  White bread, turkey, mayo and lots of pepper, and that's it.

10 minutes ago, AbsoluteTruths said:

I have always liked the stuffing but it's when I started putting oysters in them that I really started to enjoy them.

You've got my attention...

Mashed potatoes. Stuffing is second, and is only really close at all because mashed potatoes are a year-round thing, while stuffing is (stupidly) more of a once-a-year deal.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

39 minutes ago, jamo said:

Mashed potatoes. Stuffing is second, and is only really close at all because mashed potatoes are a year-round thing, while stuffing is (stupidly) more of a once-a-year deal.

Agreed.  A good dish I have not made for a while that incorporates stuffing is pork chops.  Get some nice thick center cut pork chops and butterfly them.  Get some stuffing and mix together (if you want to add a slightly spicy kick get a green chile pod, Hatch if you can but a good Anaheim pepper is the same, roast it over the grill or gas stove.  Sweat it and then peel it.  Dice it up with some garlic salt into a relish and work a little bit into the stuffing, you will be very pleased with the subtle spicy nuance).  Stuff your chops, grill them up and make a little brown gravy to drizzle over it.  You will have another tasty dish with stuffing.  

The entire meal. Everything from the Turkey to the home made rolls to even the glass of wine to go with it. Thank God it only comes once a year.

What's in the bag?
2 Iron, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, 5 Iron, 6 Iron, 7 Iron, 8 Iron, 9 Iron, PW, GW, 3 Wood, 5 Wood, Putter
Titleist Irons, Callaway Woods and a Jack Nicklaus putter. Cigars and a case of Stella.

Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!