IGNORED

Pats accuse Colts of cheating

g-funk13
Note: This thread is 5972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are the Colts cheaters?

• Yes
    • No
    • Pats are getting revenge for Dungy's comments after video gate

Pot meet kettle. LOL

Bag: Old Gunny Sack
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5*
Wood: G10 15.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: Knock off Pings Wedge: CG-11 56* SW, CG-12 52* GapPutter: Rossa DaytonaGrips: Winn ExtremesBall: Water Logged

It wouldn't be to hard to do that. The Colts really needed that win

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

• Administrator
http://nslog.com/2005/12/02/the_colts_cheat

I wrote that up two years ago when the Steelers lost in the regular season to the Colts. Same charge: piped-in crowd noise.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Given all the technological ways of cheating that pop up this year, it wouldn't surprise me if they did this. The commentator on TV said something about the Colts fans knowing when to make noise and when not to make noise, probably being quiet in such a time that Manning can make his calls.

On the other hand, it's one of those things that you can achieve the benefit of cheating without cheating, just by training your crowds, which I heard the Colts did. So why do it?

I asked the same question (not here, I don't think), although with a different means of achievement, when the Pats had the issue with signal stealing. I still have no idea.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

watched the game, seen the video. Its confusing why you can still hear nantz rambling on while the crowd noise skips, but i doubt they actually cheated. makes for good controversy tho, especially seeing as how the steelers complained of the same problem not long ago.

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

• Administrator
..... loud screaming crowd + dome = piped in crowd noise...

Not really.

Piped-in = speakers, not just sound bouncing around inside a dome.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

watched the game, seen the video. Its confusing why you can still hear nantz rambling on while the crowd noise skips, but i doubt they actually cheated. makes for good controversy tho, especially seeing as how the steelers complained of the same problem not long ago.

I actually appreciate the move. . . these are two great teams developing into THE rivalry of the new millennium. A little fuel to the flame!

Not surprisingly, these charges have been dismissed by the League, as CBS has taken responsibility. See story: http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...letter_subject

This morning on WEEI 850 (Boston sports radio) they talked with Brady. He said it was loud but that did not bother him as much as the Colts d-line yelling fake signals while the Pats were on offense. He said he spoke with the ref, but the ref said he had to hear it to call the penalty. Brady also said the Colts defense played up tight on the tightend and running backs, taking away the short passes....Pats version of a running game.

Also talked today about article "The Evil Patriots Win One For The Ages" by Kevin Rousseau. "Being hated never felt so right" and "Wake me up when the AFC Championship Game is being played."

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

Duh? Playing in a noisy situation is part of the game. Now mounting a 747 engine on the sideline and pointing it at the quarterback would be over the line.

Thats one of my pet peeves about pro golfers. They cannot concebtrate well enough to withstand any distraction, and if someone should move or make a slight noise when they are about to play they throw a temper trantrum. I wish spectators were all given air horns and flash cameras for unrestricted use. In less than a year they would all toughen up and play as well or better.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

I heard something about piped in noise at the dome but there was no truth to it - it's just a loud place and the Pats did fine in that environment.

Have to admit I'm getting tired of the press playing up the good vs evil BS, but I suppose all the hating just motivates them all the more, so bring it on.

The latest tirade is from Don Shula himself, who now says that due to the camera violation and signal stealing, if the Patriots go 16 - 0 this season, the NFL should put an asterisk next to it. I don't understand this logic. If the team goes 16 - 0 this season, they will have done it under some of the tightest scrutiny ever put on any football team. I think Shula should be embarrassed - what a pathetic statement.

All the more motivation to break that record - I hope they do it and Shula can pencil in his own asterisk.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

Tom Jackson may have been right!! "They hate their coach" He was referring to the Pats hating Belichick, but it's the media and the NFL that hates him. Not the players. Belichick sticks it in the NFL's ear every week with his injury list. I'm sure this pisses the NFL off. For years he would hold back on reporting injuries, he saw an advantage. The NFL changed the rule to report by I think Wed. each week. So now he puts Brady and sometimes a few others down as limit time in practice or as probable with some mystery injury. This guy has and is going against the grain and people don't like it. He never really answers a question, week in and week out he gives the same or similar monotone weak ass response. He plays by his rules and goes by what ever necessary to gain an advantage "WIN at all costs!" You go Bill, they hell with what the NFL or the media think! Again, I'm a NY transplant to NH, grew up a Buffalo Bills and Red Sox fan. But I have to say the Patriots are getting a raw deal by the media.

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

• Administrator
Thats one of my pet peeves about pro golfers. They cannot concebtrate well enough to withstand any distraction, and if someone should move or make a slight noise when they are about to play they throw a temper trantrum. I wish spectators were all given air horns and flash cameras for unrestricted use. In less than a year they would all toughen up and play as well or better.

This isn't a golf thread, but cut the crap. GOlf isn't a "tough" sport - it's a sport of concentration.

But hey, perhaps I should show up at your house while you're trying to do your taxes, or show up at work while you're trying to make a presentation or whatever, and behave as badly as you seem to wish spectators at a golf tournament would be have. Get real.

But hey, perhaps I should show up at your house while you're trying to do your taxes, or show up at work while you're trying to make a presentation or whatever, and behave as badly as you seem to wish spectators at a golf tournament would be have.

Well said, my friend.

In my Syncro Bag;
Driver SQ Sumo 9.5
3 Wood Sumo 2 13
Hybrids SQ Sumo2 20
Irons CCI 4-SWWedge SV Black Chrome Milled 60Putter White Hot XG #9 34"Ball Pro V1

But hey, perhaps I should show up at your house while you're trying to do your taxes, or show up at work while you're trying to make a presentation or whatever, and behave as badly as you seem to wish spectators at a golf tournament would be have.

I saw that Seinfeld episode too.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Note: This thread is 5972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!