IGNORED

Slazenger raw distance golf balls at dick's

Note: This thread is 3025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just bought (3) 24pk slazenger raw distance feel balls for $29.99 with dicks cyber Monday deal.

I tend to lose more balls this time of year with longer rough, leaves, etc. So I figured for this price it was worth a shot.

Edited by sirhacksalot
Speeling

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Slazenger balls are the worst. You'd have been better off with Top Flite XLs or anything round and approximately the size of a golf ball.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

(edited)
46 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Slazenger balls are the worst. You'd have been better off with Top Flite XLs or anything round and approximately the size of a golf ball.

The reviews were good for the feels.  Hope for the best but if not I'll just use them for practice or hit away, or maybe be able to return the other 48 to the store

Edited by sirhacksalot

2 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

I agree. If you literally just need a golf ball, I guess. Otherwise, it's basically playing with driving range balls. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

$29.99. When I used to buy those things it was $25. 

Slazies are pretty crappy. I bought em for the same reason you did. I've decided that I'm happier with recycled Calaways or Titleists if I'm going cheap.

If you're prone to losing them, the price you paid is really good. Even the used prov1 are $1 a ball, and I don't usually lose them. Even though I don't pick up balls on the course any more, I still somehow end up with more balls coming home with me. Last few times, people hiking along side the course threw some towards me. Guessing they're from people who regularly lose them outside the course. I have two with the same custom markings and on the same hole.

I have a couple Slazenger's and didn't really feel like they were all that bad, but the are definitely not as good as many others in my shag bag.

72 balls for $30 is pretty tough to beat even if they're like range balls.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

If you're prone to losing them, the price you paid is really good. Even the used prov1 are $1 a ball, and I don't usually lose them. Even though I don't pick up balls on the course any more, I still somehow end up with more balls coming home with me. Last few times, people hiking along side the course threw some towards me. Guessing they're from people who regularly lose them outside the course. I have two with the same custom markings and on the same hole.

I have a couple Slazenger's and didn't really feel like they were all that bad, but the are definitely not as good as many others in my shag bag.

72 balls for $30 is pretty tough to beat even if they're like range balls.

Some days are worse than others.  I tend to lose quite a few if I am using the course for practice.  i. e. Dropping a few at 200 or 150 on holes that have greens protected by water or rough.  Or days that i decide that I am going to hit my driver no matter what even on tight holes. Like you though even on those days if I decide to half way look for my ball I tend to find others, except this time of year when i can lose balls in long rough alone.

I am still optimistic about them, and if not like i said i can always return 48 and use the others for hitting in the net, etc.

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

$29.99. When I used to buy those things it was $25. 

Slazies are pretty crappy. I bought em for the same reason you did. I've decided that I'm happier with recycled Calaways or Titleists if I'm going cheap.

Regular price is 29.99 ea if you buy (3) you got all (3) for 29.99 so basically buy one get 2 free.

9 minutes ago, sirhacksalot said:

Regular price is 29.99 ea if you buy (3) you got all (3) for 29.99 so basically buy one get 2 free.

Yeah that's what I meant. Three boxes (36 balls) for $25. I got one at the start of this past year.

Later on, I got a 24-pack of fairly decent, recycled Calaways. I think it was $12 at K-Mart. In any case, i like those better.even if they are slightly irregular. By that I mean, logos on the sides of them and other people's mark on them. The covers were all in good shape.

Evrerytime I see a Slazenger ball, I think of "Odd Job" crushing one in his hand. 

I've use them a time or two. Nothing special about them. However for the price the OP paid, it was a bargain. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Who wants raw balls? Not me!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

20 hours ago, Patch said:

I've use them a time or two. Nothing special about them. However for the price the OP paid, it was a bargain. 

That was my point of the post.  Not expecting them to be the best balls, something around the duo or zips that I have played from WIlson. But 72 balls for $30 seemed like a deal worth sharing. and apparently its going on all week.

9 minutes ago, sirhacksalot said:

But 72 balls for $30 seemed like a deal worth sharing. and apparently its going on all week.

Aw heck. Now I feel stupid. My reading comprehension gets an F. 

What I was remembering was three boxes of 12 for $25. Hell. at that rate I'd probably buy them.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a set of these at our Church Christmas party (Dirty Santa)  went out the next day and shot 88 which was my best round to date.  While I wouldn't have bought these I can't say they were that bad for a beginner golfer like me.

I used them my first year. They sucked. I was in the woods so much, or in the water, it didn't matter. If they landed near a Titleist or anything else that someone else had lost, I'd play the hole out with that ball and leave the Slazinger in the woods.

Edited by DrvFrShow

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

They're OK as Shag balls, but that's really about it.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Slazenger had a mid-spin ball (can't remember name) that I played for two seasons and liked well enough.

They did away with that model, so I tried a dozen of the Slazenger distance balls. They just didn't work on partial shots around the green. I played 54 holes with them and only had two up-and-downs the whole time.

Then I switched over to TopFlite Gamers, and had three up-and-downs in the first nine holes. 

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!