IGNORED

"How To" Articles Added

iacas
Note: This thread is 3021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

If you look above, in the site's menu bar, you'll note that I've added a series of "How-To" articles. There are only four to five right now, but as members determine what they'd like to see in a How-To article, I'll add more.

In fact… if there's anything - even little things - that you'd like to see written up and possibly filmed in a How-To article, please post it here.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas pinned this topic

Getting better all the time, should make searching on a specific topic much easier.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

How to Become a Supporter

How to Embed an Image

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

How about how to embed an article link in a word or two?  I used to be able to do it on the other site..

so something like.

yahoo article <--  and clicking on this gets you there instead of having to past http://yahoo.com/article or what ever

makes the site look much cleaner when done this way IMO

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

How about how to embed an article link in a word or two?  I used to be able to do it on the other site..

so something like.

yahoo article <--  and clicking on this gets you there instead of having to past http://yahoo.com/article or what ever

makes the site look much cleaner when done this way IMO

Doubtful. That's exactly the same. Select the text and then click the "link" looking icon in the toolbar.

Like this: Analyzr, Lowest Score Wins, Evolvr.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, mvmac said:

How to Become a Supporter

How to Embed an Image

I agree with the embedded option. I got stuck the other night loading a swing into my My Swing thread. Something appeared to have changed. I used to use Vimeo embedded option, but that didnt work. So I resorted to YouTube instead to get it to finally work. Its all good, but I was searching for this how to info and couldnt find it.  

Also, maybe there could just be a How To forum for this type of thing... to ask forum How To questions. Just a thought..

Is there a way to edit a My Swing thread ny the author? I was trying to clean mine up a bit and didnt notice any edit or remove options. My thread looks a bit messy with my failed postings and stuff. I got awy from the My Swing for a bit since I was using Evolvr, but want to get back to using My Swing more.

Thanks!

Dave

How to link to another thread.  It used to be via the "<>" icon, and may still be, but I can't figure it out.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just curious, on items I have selected to follow, I'm not seeing any means to quickly locate the threads.

How to search for threads 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

When using "Search" could the option in advance search for "following topics" be added?

Thought this would merge with my above post?

Also, Posts used to be numbered for referencing?

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dave325 said:

I agree with the embedded option. I got stuck the other night loading a swing into my My Swing thread. Something appeared to have changed. I used to use Vimeo embedded option, but that didnt work. So I resorted to YouTube instead to get it to finally work. Its all good, but I was searching for this how to info and couldnt find it.

Watch the How-To video on embedding videos.

4 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Also, maybe there could just be a How To forum for this type of thing... to ask forum How To questions. Just a thought.

I don't think there needs to be a whole forum for it. None of them have been more than a few steps. Plus they have videos.

4 hours ago, David in FL said:

How to link to another thread.  It used to be via the "<>" icon, and may still be, but I can't figure it out.

Select the text and click the "link" looking icon.

565f1379b6ae6_ScreenShot2015-12-02at10.5

That's it. Should be pretty obvious from there. If you mean something else, other than linking text like this, please let me know.

2 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Just curious, on items I have selected to follow, I'm not seeing any means to quickly locate the threads.

Manage Followed Content (links to http://thesandtrap.com/followed/ in the menu beneath your username in the top-right corner.

11 minutes ago, natureboy said:

I agree with Mike - embedding an image in a location in your post other than the bottom is currently escaping me.

Okay. We can do that one. Probably later today.

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

When using "Search" could the option in advance search for "following topics" be added?

Thought this would merge with my above post?

Also, Posts used to be numbered for referencing?

Posts are no longer numbered, unfortunately. I'll make a video showing how to link specifically to a post. Short version: click the little "share" icon. It looks like this:

565f1458534e6_ScreenShot2015-12-02at10.5

Your posts weren't merged because someone else posted in between them.

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

in the menu beneath your username in the top-right corner.

Thanks Erik. Just what I was looking for and it was there all along.... Duh, morning.....

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Watch the How-To video on embedding videos.

I don't think there needs to be a whole forum for it. None of them have been more than a few steps. Plus they have videos.

Select the text and click the "link" looking icon.

565f1379b6ae6_ScreenShot2015-12-02at10.5

That's it. Should be pretty obvious from there. If you mean something else, other than linking text like this, please let me know.

Manage Followed Content (links to http://thesandtrap.com/followed/ in the menu beneath your username in the top-right corner.

Okay. We can do that one. Probably later today.

Posts are no longer numbered, unfortunately. I'll make a video showing how to link specifically to a post. Short version: click the little "share" icon. It looks like this:

565f1458534e6_ScreenShot2015-12-02at10.5

Your posts weren't merged because someone else posted in between them.

Thanks, Erik! The new How-To post for the embedded video was very helpful. Thanks!

Dave

• Administrator
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

http://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-images/ (embedding images in your posts)

http://thesandtrap.com/how-to/link-to-topics/ (linking to topics and posts in two ways)

There's "How to… Become a Supporter" and what else?

"How to… Follow Content" is a shorter one I could do.

What else do you guys and gals want to see?

Was trying to attach an Excel file with a message today to a member, not quite sure. When I use try to drag the file, all I got was the red symbol and would not attach. ???

How to attach a file in messages?

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Was trying to attach an Excel file with a message today to a member, not quite sure. When I use try to drag the file, all I got was the red symbol and would not attach. ???

How to attach a file in messages?

1. "Click to choose files"

2. Select the files.

image.thumb.png.b04b03f0b2f8ce6b61017805

Note: This thread is 3021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!