IGNORED

taylormade SLDR driver

Note: This thread is 3062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not sure what your handicap or skill level is but the SLDR was not known to be a very forgiving driver for higher handicaps.   I'd suggest you give it a try but you might be better off trying out the M1 or Callaway Great Big Bertha.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There are some threads here that discuss the SLDR so you may want to review them.  Overall, most people thought it was a good driver for lower handicap players with higher swing speeds.  The SLDR initiated TM's loft up campaign and most higher handicap players had to use 11* - 14* loft to maintain or exceed distance they were getting from their older equipment.

Despite the discounted price I'd suggest you give it a try at a store before ordering it off of ebay.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

18 hours ago, GolfClubbas said:

the only problem with those is the price. the SLDR was the cheapest one on ebay

The Big Bertha 2014 goes on sale for $99 all the time now and is a very forgiving club. The SLDR is punishing on mishits. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

1 hour ago, dkolo said:

The Big Bertha 2014 goes on sale for $99 all the time now and is a very forgiving club. The SLDR is punishing on mishits. 

Yup.

Callway and TaylorMade clubs really don't hold their value so getting them inexpensively after a period of time isn't that difficult.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 minute ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yup.

Callway and TaylorMade clubs really don't hold their value so getting them inexpensively after a period of time isn't that difficult.

Yeah, today UPS is bringing me $490 worth of brand new Callaway equipment that I bought on Black Friday for $145.

20 hours ago, GolfClubbas said:

the only problem with those is the price. the SLDR was the cheapest one on ebay

Check out CallawayGolfPreowned.com today because they're having a 20% off sale. It's not the bottom price it was a few days ago, but it's still pretty good, especially if you choose one of the more used models.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

One of the most forgiving good quality Drivers is the Cobra Fly-Z. But if your slicing the ball your stance and swing need to be adjusted. I can speak as one who has worked hard to fix my own slice with good results

Edited by 9wood

21 hours ago, GolfClubbas said:

would the weight adjustment in the SLDR help my slice?

Moving the weight can shift the COG left or right which effects gear effect. It will not cure a slice though. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I bought a 2014 Big Bertha yesterday at Dick's Sporting goods. It was $129 +tax. (Free shipping if you order online)

The guy fit me to it and let me hit several  others ( including the SLDR).

Jack

Jack

Note: This thread is 3062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!